How many liters/quarts of skimmed milk do you guys drink daily?

schultz

I use 1% currently. If I want it to be sweet I add maple syrup as it tastes good and mixes easily. Normally I drink lattes though.

Jennifer

I drink at least 2 liters a day, but only because I crave that much—I currently drink most of it warm with white honey and vanilla bean added. Which sweetener is better would depend on your personal tolerance and taste preference.

OP
TypicalJock

TypicalJock

I drink at least 2 liters a day, but only because I crave that much—I currently drink most of it warm with white honey and vanilla bean added. Which sweetener is better would depend on your personal tolerance and taste preference.
would you recommend drinking around 2 liters for someone thats just starting out with the ray peat diet?

Jennifer

would you recommend drinking around 2 liters for someone thats just starting out with the ray peat diet?
Only if they tolerated milk well and actually enjoyed it. Many people struggle with milk, and dairy in general, after having gone years not consuming it, in which case I would suggest slowly reintroducing it (no more than a small glass per day) and if that didn’t work, seeing if there were any underlying cause. It took me a decade, and clearing SIBO, to tolerate it again, but it was worth the effort.

Last edited:

Birdie

Agree with Jennifer. I think Ray recommends a half a cup a day if milk is a problem. He says if you introduce it slowly, it will probably be tolerated. My husband, after many years, still uses only about a half a cup (in coffee and tea) a day. I put cheese in our eggs and milk in our smoothies. He is okay with cheese, yogurt and half and half.

I would just use a half a cup at first. Personally, I use lattes. I had to start with only 1/4 teaspoon sugar. It was really hard for me to use sugar but no problem now!

Using lattes is a good way to incorporate coffee and sugar. But, in the summer, I have to use cold ones. I tolerate the heated milk better.
I've used mostly 1% milk, but where I live now, only 2% is available for me.

Starship

2 liters of 1% milk and I mix orange juice concentrate into it. Works out great.

Atman

2 liters of 1% milk and I mix orange juice concentrate into it. Works out great.
If I mix milk with orange juice, the protein of the milk falls out of the liquid. It does not really affect the taste but it's like you would start making cheese.
Does this also happen to you?

Starship

If I mix milk with orange juice, the protein of the milk falls out of the liquid. It does not really affect the taste but it's like you would start making cheese.
Does this also happen to you?
Oh, that's what it is. Yes, it does happen to me and I was kind of wondering what was going on. I drink it pretty quickly so I barely notice.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals