How Many Is To Many Oranges?

Steve123

hey guys.. How many oranges do you eat a day without problems (or squeeze and juice even) tbh, I'm not such a good peater and I will eat the oranges whole instead of juicing them most to all of the time.. I may eat 8 a day or more sometimes which I am doing ATM on holidays but at home will probably eat 3-5 a day.. is this a problem?
All I've heard online is some people saying about to many of them causing Barrett's Esophagus, a disorder in which precancerous lesions form on esophageal lining. Or any other problems?

Tenacity

I regularly consume 1.5L of OJ and 5 oranges in a single day, never had a problem.

OP
S

Steve123

I regularly consume 1.5L of OJ and 5 oranges in a single day, never had a problem.
1.5 litre of squeezed orange juice aswell as. 5 whole oranges unsqueezed in a day? How many oranges would be in 1.5 litre? Cheers mate!

Tenacity

1.5 litre of squeezed orange juice aswell as. 5 whole oranges unsqueezed in a day? How many oranges would be in 1.5 litre? Cheers mate!
That's right. There would be about 23 oranges in 1.5L, I believe. So I suppose that's 28 total.

OP
S

Steve123

That's right. There would be about 23 oranges in 1.5L, I believe. So I suppose that's 28 total.
Woah! That is a lot of oranges Would you say that is what ray peat, Danny roddy and other pesters on here are doing aswell? Are you eating that much on a daily basis aswell? I'm also so glad you said that you eat the 5 whole oranges aswell with no issues because I LOVE eating whole oranges and I have no problem with them! Thanks dude!

Tenacity

Woah! That is a lot of oranges Would you say that is what ray peat, Danny roddy and other pesters on here are doing aswell? Are you eating that much on a daily basis aswell? I'm also so glad you said that you eat the 5 whole oranges aswell with no issues because I LOVE eating whole oranges and I have no problem with them! Thanks dude!
I can't speak for anyone else, but Peat has said that '2 quarts of milk and a quart of OJ daily provides general resistance to stress'. A quart would be a little over a litre. Yup, I eat (and drink) that much on a daily basis unless I get too busy/lazy to peel oranges, in which case I drink another half litre of OJ. No problem!

tara

All I've heard online is some people saying about to many of them causing Barrett's Esophagus, a disorder in which precancerous lesions form on esophageal lining.
I have not looked into that at all, but I wonder if there was any control for ripeness? I imagine lots of unripe/sour oranges regularly might be irritating to the gullet?

JoeKool

The acid from oj is not the same as the hydrochloric acid from our stomach. It's this acid reflux that causes this :

But in patients with frequent acid reflux, the normal cells in the esophagus may eventually be replaced by cells that are similar to cells in the intestine to become Barrett's esophagus.

I can think of a more dangerous Oj than the gallon you drink. So no, you're not having too many. That's "too" many...

OP
S

Steve123

The acid from oj is not the same as the hydrochloric acid from our stomach. It's this acid reflux that causes this :

But in patients with frequent acid reflux, the normal cells in the esophagus may eventually be replaced by cells that are similar to cells in the intestine to become Barrett's esophagus.

I can think of a more dangerous Oj than the gallon you drink. So no, you're not having too many. That's "too" many...
Right, got you.. what do you mean by 'I can think of ax more dangerous OJ than the gallon you drink?

OP
S

Steve123

I have not looked into that at all, but I wonder if there was any control for ripeness? I imagine lots of unripe/sour oranges regularly might be irritating to the gullet?
Right.. so apart from that.. eat as many as you like?

DaveFoster

I've been drinking a gallon of orange juice daily for months. I've experienced no negative effects, but I have a quality source. It's important to get enough sodium and protein as well.

OP
S

Steve123

Silly question guys but.. libido everything all good with this much fructose etc?

Prosper

I've been drinking a gallon of orange juice daily for months. I've experienced no negative effects, but I have a quality source. It's important to get enough sodium and protein as well.
A year wide access to cheap ripe oranges would be perfect. My teeth take a noticeable hit even when I drink 2 quarts / day of the least acidic store bought concentrate through a straw while supplementing with eggshell calcium. They become more translucent. Bicarbonate seems to neutralize the acidity a little though. Do you add any?

DaveFoster

A year wide access to cheap ripe oranges would be perfect. My teeth take a noticeable hit even when I drink 2 quarts / day of the least acidic store bought concentrate through a straw while supplementing with eggshell calcium. They become more translucent. Bicarbonate seems to neutralize the acidity a little though. Do you add any?
Sometimes. Every time something sweet touches my teeth, I rinse with a mixture of baking soda and water. It's important to have strong thyroid function to generate enough CO2, which will increase your teeth's resilience to damage.

D

danishispsychic

i can only do oj fresh squeezed and as a mono meal- OJ fasting thing. but when i do it, i can go through a kazillion.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals