How long till Thyroid kicks in?

aquaman

tomisonbottom said:
aquaman said:
tomisonbottom said:
How long after you take thyroid (I'm taking Cynomel) should you take another temp to see the effect?
1/2 hour, 1 hour, 3 hours?

Also, if I get a racing heart what's the quickest thing to slow it down?
I'm guessing Salt? Or sugar? And how much would you suggest? I'm 110 pounds.

Thanks!

The book "Recovering with T3" says it takes 90 mins - 2 hours to get maximum effect.

It's also a great book if you are using T3... I had taken a bit of a "hey i'll just pop 1/8th of a pill when I remmeber" approach to T3, and it shouldn't be treated this lightly.

I learnt a lot from the book... recommended.

Thanks Aquaman,

Well, it doesn't take more than 20 minutes for my temp to go up with Cynomel, I've been taking my temp constantly the last week or so and if it goes up it at all, it always happens rather quickly for me.

Do you think there's any problem with taking larger doses of T3 (1/4 tab/6mcg) right off the bat if I don't have any issues or symptoms from it? Isn't that what determines if you're causing any issues? So far, it's kept my temp up and makes me feel good; I can feel the adrenaline going down right after I take it, which has been a lifesaver for me.
Thanks for your input!

By no means an expert, but it makes sense to find the minimum dose that makes a physiological difference to you, and then (perhaps) slowly increase it. 6mcg isn't a BIG dose compared to what some take. The guy who write Recovering from T3 takes 20mcg in morning, then 15, then 10 (i THINK from memory), although he says that people who he has interacted with do well on anything from 20-150mcg per day.

If it's having an effect, I'd say don't change too much. Just focus on getting your body temp and pulse up to optimal levels, and also bowel movements, libido, general mood etc.

It may be boring, but take detailed notes of what you take, when, and whether on empty stomach, the impact on body temp, pulse and general mood/energy/feeling etc.

Remember to test quantities SLOWLY. Ie you need 2-4 weeks on a steady dosage at steady times to see the effects, which may be cumulative. Whats your current dose and timing per day?

Also.... keep us posted!! This would be really useful to hear.

Rolan

aquaman said:
Charlie said:
aquaman said:
Charlie said:
I would watch out for estrogen dominance symptoms, it seems some of us are susceptible to this. When the metabolism starts to rise, estrogen can rear its ugly head at the same time. IIRC estrogen will also bring up cortisol. So if this happens, which happened to me, I started attacking it with progesterone and whammo, gave it the ole knockout punch.

How did you determine Estrogen had increased?

I posted a list earlier in the thread. Also look out for hot flashes.

ok so based on symptoms not blood tests. It's hard, since half of those listed are Hypothyroid symptoms too, and most are caused by varied factors.

Yep! :lol:

Thanks for that list though Charlie. I'm not overly concerned but I think I'm prone to estrogen dominance and would like to nip it in the bud :geek:

jyb

Just my personal experience to see if others can relate: it seems like I can get decent temps eventually in the day, maybe 98.6F, but that occurs later in the day than it should, like in the evening even though it should have start decreasing due to more darkness. Also, my morning and early afternoon temps are very low, they seem to rise steadily but extremely slowly as the day goes on, but that's irrespective of how much/what I'm eating. However, what I'm eating does have some effect on mood and brain. Sometimes my temps in first half of the day will be extremely low, but I don't feel too bad at all thanks to being well nourished.

OP
tomisonbottom

tomisonbottom

Does anyone know if taking Cynomel can cause temperatures to drop?
I've had that happen several times but I wasn't sure it that could even happen or if my body is just really cold and/or its circumstantial when that happens.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals