How Long Should We Separate Supplements From ActivatedCharcoal?

japanesedude

I want to know how long does it last its effects. an hours or a day?
I have no idea how long AC can bind vitamins/hormones.

I think it lasts basically until you defecate it. Because you’re continuously recirculating bile salts and they will interact with the charcoal.

zewe

Some say 2 to 3 hours away from supplements or meds should be safe from binding them up. You're timing your digestion from stomach to small intestine to large intestine. But water on an empty stomach takes about 20 minutes to leave the stomach so 1 to 2 hours should be safe.

Time with food intake also; better to take the activated charcoal one to two hours away from food because food hampers the charcoal’s detox activity. This has been proven with animals.

RobertJM

How do people get around the bunged up problem? Also, how to people take it? It’s really not pleasant lol

OP
japanesedude

japanesedude

I think it lasts basically until you defecate it. Because you’re continuously recirculating bile salts and they will interact with the charcoal.
interesting.
this means it can stay more than couple days or even a week.

Some say 2 to 3 hours away from supplements or meds should be safe from binding them up. You're timing your digestion from stomach to small intestine to large intestine. But water on an empty stomach takes about 20 minutes to leave the stomach so 1 to 2 hours should be safe.

Time with food intake also; better to take the activated charcoal one to two hours away from food because food hampers the charcoal’s detox activity. This has been proven with animals.

Thank you for the information.
once I've read on website(about a AC) that AC does not bind fats,saccharide(Due to their high molecular weight) and nutrients from meals, because nutrients that we can get from meals are natural compound and it take times to digest/absorb.

tara

tankasnowgod

How do people get around the bunged up problem? Also, how to people take it? It’s really not pleasant lol

I was taking some regular, low-ish doses anti-biotics this month (250mg, once a day, five days on, two days off) along with AC four days a week, and was very regular. In fact, improved from baseline. Something like Cascara or Lapodin or Magneseum might also help.

Amazigh

I take it right before bed, mixed with lemonade, so it's tolerable.

By the way, be careful when mixing it. Sometimes a puff will come up right in your face before it blends with the liquid, which you could end up inhaling.

tara

By the way, be careful when mixing it. Sometimes a puff will come up right in your face before it blends with the liquid, which you could end up inhaling.
+1.
If you mix by shaking it up really well with water in a bottle you can much reduce this risk.

Amazigh

+1.
If you mix by shaking it up really well with water in a bottle you can much reduce this risk.

Thanks. I unfortunately figured that out after inadvertently inhaling a puff that came up from a glass I was mixing it in. :(

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals