How Long Should I Shine This Red Light On My Boys?

spartan_d

So I purchased one of these red LED lamps in the hope of raising my testosterone levels. Red Light Therapy - LGS7

How much time per day should I spend shining this lamp on my tender little boys? For how long continuously and how much time per session?

Not long. Not necessaevery day. 30 seconds is a good amount. Study some threads on the subject. I was overdoing it and it took months to recover.

OP
S

spartan_d

Thanks for the info. That dosing guide doesn't say anything about the testicles though. Also, I've read other accounts which suggest higher exposure times. This one, for example.

Nathan777

Thanks for the info. That dosing guide doesn't say anything about the testicles though. Also, I've read other accounts which suggest higher exposure times. This one, for example.
Take everything Ben Greenfield says with a grain of salt... Also keep in mind the distance from the light source. The power drops off quick and I sort of doubt he was standing 2" from it.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
So I purchased one of these red LED lamps in the hope of raising my testosterone levels. Red Light Therapy - LGS7

How much time per day should I spend shining this lamp on my tender little boys? For how long continuously and how much time per session?

I am very near to purchasing this red light device too.

Did you end up figuring out how many seconds/minutes to use it for? What have your results been like?

tankasnowgod

Maybe even more important the amount of time for the light, be careful that you don't heat them up. The testicles are very sensitive to heat. I have no doubt that some of the "overdose" stories are from concentrating too much heat on them. Less of a concern with LEDs..... but they still produce heat, especially in close proximity.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Maybe even more important the amount of time for the light, be careful that you don't heat them up. The testicles are very sensitive to heat. I have no doubt that some of the "overdose" stories are from concentrating too much heat on them. Less of a concern with LEDs..... but they still produce heat, especially in close proximity.

I'd agree with that, need to ensure they don't fry. Planning on icing immediately before.... that way it will maintain a steady temperature the entire time (30 seconds? 1min? 2mins?) - still unsure.

tankasnowgod

I'd agree with that, need to ensure they don't fry. Planning on icing immediately before.... that way it will maintain a steady temperature the entire time (30 seconds? 1min? 2mins?) - still unsure.

The linked Red Light Man article is really solid. It really does depend on strength of light source and distance. That's the best way to figure it out with your personal light. A bit more time a slightly further distance is probably better for the testicles, because of the heat issue.

what is the rationale behind using a red light lamp instead of just using sunlight? is it purely a matter of not having a private backyard in a sunny area?
re the time duration: i couldn't tell you how long for red light, but in my experiences with exposure to sunlight, which were highly varied, I did it until it felt comfortable *down there*. If there was scrotal relaxation, I kept going until the scrotal relaxation stopped and there was retraction. I took the retraction as a sign that my gonads had done all they needed to do and that any further light was unnecessary/counterproductive. Also, I think it's better to be safe than sorry, so keep that in mind :)

RealNeat

Throw these bad boys on and get some sun;

Amazon product ASIN B086PLVHQP,

...leave the red light for other parts of the body. Ray warns of tumor growth and possible damage to the sensitive tissue down there, he also mentions plants as an example, red light = quick bit flimsy growth, red + blue = proper growth.

lehmode

what would you describe as overdoing it? I did 10 minute sessions nearly daily last summer with a smaller red light lamp from amazon from a company called sgrow, and im wondering if that gave me some trouble down there. I didnt know 30 seconds could be enough

what would you describe as overdoing it? I did 10 minute sessions nearly daily last summer with a smaller red light lamp from amazon from a company called sgrow, and im wondering if that gave me some trouble down there. I didnt know 30 seconds could be enough

it’s easy to overdo. Hard to say how much is too much because of distance, and intensity