CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

How Long Should I Shine This Red Light On My Boys?

Discussion in 'Male Issues' started by spartan_d, Mar 8, 2018.

1. spartan_d

spartan_d New Member

So I purchased one of these red LED lamps in the hope of raising my testosterone levels. Red Light Therapy - LGS7

How much time per day should I spend shining this lamp on my tender little boys? For how long continuously and how much time per session?

2. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

Not long. Not necessaevery day. 30 seconds is a good amount. Study some threads on the subject. I was overdoing it and it took months to recover.

3. Soren

Soren Member

Agreed. Be careful not to overdo it, definitely not everyday. I would say 2-3 times a week. Timing all depends on energy density make sure you calculate it correctly.

Red light man sells the same product and has a pretty good guide on how to calculate treatment amounts https://redlightman.com/blog/complete-guide-light-therapy-dosing/

4. OP
    spartan_d

spartan_d New Member

Thanks for the info. That dosing guide doesn't say anything about the testicles though. Also, I've read other accounts which suggest higher exposure times. This one, for example.

5. Nathan777

Nathan777 Member

Take everything Ben Greenfield says with a grain of salt... Also keep in mind the distance from the light source. The power drops off quick and I sort of doubt he was standing 2" from it.

6. Joeyd

Joeyd Member

why? is he a nutcase?

7. Lokzo

Lokzo Member

Naturopath
    I am very near to purchasing this red light device too.

Did you end up figuring out how many seconds/minutes to use it for? What have your results been like?

8. tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod Member

Maybe even more important the amount of time for the light, be careful that you don't heat them up. The testicles are very sensitive to heat. I have no doubt that some of the "overdose" stories are from concentrating too much heat on them. Less of a concern with LEDs..... but they still produce heat, especially in close proximity.

9. Lokzo

Lokzo Member

Naturopath
    I'd agree with that, need to ensure they don't fry. Planning on icing immediately before.... that way it will maintain a steady temperature the entire time (30 seconds? 1min? 2mins?) - still unsure.

10. tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod Member

The linked Red Light Man article is really solid. It really does depend on strength of light source and distance. That's the best way to figure it out with your personal light. A bit more time a slightly further distance is probably better for the testicles, because of the heat issue.

11. Lokzo

Lokzo Member

Naturopath
    I plan on using the Red Light Therapy - LGS7 - depending on a few other factors.

That article is amazingly good. But, according to that, 670nm (LGS7 device), I am still not quite sure the exact distance and time to use it!
    My mathematics abilities are appalling.

12. Nicolas Noyola

Nicolas Noyola Member

what is the rationale behind using a red light lamp instead of just using sunlight? is it purely a matter of not having a private backyard in a sunny area?
    re the time duration: i couldn't tell you how long for red light, but in my experiences with exposure to sunlight, which were highly varied, I did it until it felt comfortable *down there*. If there was scrotal relaxation, I kept going until the scrotal relaxation stopped and there was retraction. I took the retraction as a sign that my gonads had done all they needed to do and that any further light was unnecessary/counterproductive. Also, I think it's better to be safe than sorry, so keep that in mind :)