How long does it take to solve a trace mineral deficiency?

OccamzRazer

No expert here...

But oysters or liver can restore the signs of adequate mineral status very fast.

OP
M

Motif

No expert here...

But oysters or liver can restore the signs of adequate mineral status very fast.
Thanks. What means very fast for you! Two weeks ? Months?
And how much liver and oysters would matter too I guess

OccamzRazer

As little as a half hour, maybe a few hours.

Some of this could just be the B vitamins in the liver tho.

Usually I just eat a few ounces of either food.

You'll observe that my earlier estimate of two hours was overly pessimistic, compared to Occam's half an hour above.

I do not know the true answer, but that's because there cannot be a single answer that applies to everyone. It depends on the size of the deficiency.

But you may remember that Dr. Peat in "Generative Energy" states that he reversed his white eyebrow hairs (and hence copper deficiency) after "several weeks" of a low-iron, higher-copper diet, and that the darkening effects lasted for at least two months after he ended the diet.

OP
M

Motif

You'll observe that my earlier estimate of two hours was overly pessimistic, compared to Occam's half an hour above.

I do not know the true answer, but that's because there cannot be a single answer that applies to everyone. It depends on the size of the deficiency.

But you may remember that Dr. Peat in "Generative Energy" states that he reversed his white eyebrow hairs (and hence copper deficiency) after "several weeks" of a low-iron, higher-copper diet, and that the darkening effects lasted for at least two months after he ended the diet.

of course you can’t tell exactly, but I just wonder cause my copper doesn’t go up even with high copper foods.

any idea what he was eating? Most high copper foods are high iron too, right ?

On page 87 of Generative Energy, Peat says that he ate "mostly milk, with some eggs, cheese, and citrus fruit, but with very little meat for several weeks. I cooked eggs in a copper pan... I found a source of vitamin A without preservative, and began using large amounts of that... I increased my doses of DHEA and pregnenolone".

So I think the low iron was more significant than high copper.

He also rubbed a solution of copper acetate onto the skin around the white eyebrow hairs. Within three weeks his hairs were coming out black instead of white.

OP
M

Motif

Hm ok. Thanks.

I really have no idea how to get lots of copper And zinc without iron.
I don’t think a copper pan is it longterm.

OP
M

Motif

Hm ok. Thanks.

I really have no idea how to get lots of copper And zinc without iron.
I don’t think a copper pan is it longterm.

ww3not4me

What mineral and what level of disease are we talking about?

A broken finger can heal in 2 weeks to 8 weeks. That is a pretty wide spectrum and that is not even considering complicated breaks or shattering of the bone. You think an easy absolute answer is going to be had as vague as it was?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals