How long can you freeze milk?

Velve921

I want to accumulate grass fed milk and stock up.

how long can I freeze it for and it will be good?

I know raw milk loses some of it's nutrition and quality of taste freezing it, but I haven't noticed that with pasteurized.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210930-104701_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210930-104701_Samsung Internet.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 24
OP
Velve921

Velve921

I know raw milk loses some of it's nutrition and quality of taste freezing it, but I haven't noticed that with pasteurized.

Thanks for responding. Just starting to prepare and milk is really valuable to me, metabolically.

Vileplume

When you freeze milk, the fat sometimes coagulates if it doesn't freeze fast, so the fat gets chunky when you try to thaw the milk. It totally ruins the milk, you get whey-ish water and chunks of chalky, papery fat. This mainly happens when the water content of the milk freezes faster than the fat does, so ther fat rises to the top and then freezes on its own. Tp prevent this, you want to decrease the time it takes for the milk to freeze, so that fat and water freezes in equal time, without becoming separated. The following strategies should help:

-add sugar to the milk before freezing. This lowers the freeze time, preventing fat coagulation, according to the attached study.
-freeze low-fat milk, so it lowers the freeze point.
-if the milk is homogenized, there should not be any problem

Some Physical Effects of Freezing on Milk and Cream

Last edited:
When you freeze milk, the fat sometimes coagulates if it doesn't freeze fast, so the fat gets chunky when you try to thaw the milk. It totally ruins the milk, you get whey-ish water and chunks of chalky, papery fat. This mainly happens when the water content of the milk freezes faster than the fat does, so ther fat rises to the top and then freezes on its own. Tp prevent this, you want to decrease the time it takes for the milk to freeze, so that fat and water freezes in equal time, without becoming separated. The following strategies should help:

-add sugar to the milk before freezing. This lowers the freeze time, preventing fat coagulation, according to the attached study.
-freeze low-fat milk, so it lowers the freeze point.
-if the milk is homogenized, there should not be any problem

That is really interesting!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals