How Is The Traditional 'handsome' Male Look Achieved?

Nutrientz

Is it purely genetics, or does nutrition also play a role?

All of you know the look, broad chin, thick eyebrows, straight hair(usually) etc.

MV5BMjI3NjU1NzA3MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODQwMjAwOTE@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

seid-jeff-image.jpg

All of them look similar. I'm thinking this has to do a high level of androgens in puberty? Any theories on how facial development like this is achieved? I've noticed almost all of them have impeccable hair, eyebrows and teeth as well.

OP
N

Nutrientz

At the moment I can think of 3 theories:

1)Genetics, good looking parents
2)Good nutrition
3)High social standing in puberty increasing androgens

Anybody else?

theLaw

Wider Face After Using Vitamin K?

Let's Discuss Sudden, Morphological Changes

@lvysaur

Gonial angle - The angle that your jaw makes, when viewed from the side. This angle reaches 90° for me when I feel good, which is pretty directly correlated with how much sugar, fruit, and milk I'm consuming, and the amount of stress that I perceive that I'm under. In addition to the angle, the underside of my mandible undergoes considerable decalcification when I feel really good, usually with feelings of empathy and sympathy for others. This picture adequately demonstrates it. Note how there is a region of concavity in between his jaw angle and his chin.

Occipital bun - The bump at the back of your skull. Some people (especially males) have a very prominent one, which is very obvious upon tactile examination. When I feel good, this flattens out a lot, and it has flattened out many times before taking vitamin K2, when I ate oysters and liver together (I suspect the combination of zinc and B6, as it is known to powerfully affect DHT, and potentially estrogen). Before Peat, mine was probably always "hook" shaped, like in the linked picture.

Canthal tilt - The angle that your eye fissure makes. Angles that are positive are associated with youth, negative ones with age. My canthal tilt has increased several times before, but it is less easy to observe than the other two (you need to be looking in the mirror somewhat carefully), and seems harder to accomplish. It only happened, afaik, in conjuction with feelings of high confidence and superiority, and usually followed some type of major progress, either with girls, work, or project deadlines (girls also seem to dig me a lot more in this state). This picture accurately represents what my eyes and facial hair look like when I'm in this state (I have different pigmentation, more head hair, and a thinner nose).

OP
N

Nutrientz

theLaw

I have never noticed anyone's facial bones changing in a short term period. This is simply not possible.

Probably a good idea to get your logic in check before embarrassing yourself any further with comments like this.

Best of luck to you!:cool:

OP
N

Nutrientz

Probably a good idea to get your logic in check before embarrassing yourself any further with comments like this.

Best of luck to you!:cool:

What part of my logic is not in check then? Present some arguments.

Luann

Not to take a side on this. But. My face changed shape, twice since peat eating, to a more square, planed, shape that is much nicer to look at or take a picture of. The first time it changed to this, was like 4 months ago, and it lasted two months or so. It was really nice. Then it changed back to more like a circle, smaller than the other shape, and there its been except for one day last week. And that day, i have a picture of my face shape, and my fiance said out of the blue, "Somethings changed about your face!!" He was really intrigued.
So it can happen.

Also this Hypothyroid Face - 180 Degree Health

Last edited:

mangoes

Faces do change throughout the entire lifespan. Good nutrition and a healthy body is going to be more attractive and robust than a malnourished one. Regardless of genetics. Life isn't so reductionist as we often wish it would be; it's likely a combination of hormonal status, metabolism, genetics, development, nutrition and perhaps even more to be elucidated...

I saw a post here by Haidut a while ago on bioelectrics, how they were getting worms to grow extra heads and stuff, and it intrigued me, how it controls the shape and form of organisms. I ended up emailing the author of the studies, he said it'd most likely be possible to alter facial structures of adults through bioelectrics, though probably a big event and painful.

Last edited:
OP
N

Nutrientz

Not to take a side on this. But. My face changed shape, twice since peat eating, to a more square, planed, shape that is much nicer to look at or take a picture of. The first time it changed to this, was like 4 months ago, and it lasted two months or so. It was really nice. Then it changed back to more like a circle, smaller than the other shape, and there its been except for one day last week. And that day, i have a picture of my face shape, and my fiance said out of the blue, "Somethings changed about your face!!" He was really intrigued.
So it can happen.

Also this Hypothyroid Face - 180 Degree Health

You mean you lost some facial fat..

Water retention gone... It will makr face way more thin and the jaw will be visible.... high testosterone I think will bring it that face shape

Luann

That would be a fair guess except i have lost facial fat before, once i lost quite a bit, but this is not the same look.

OP
N

Nutrientz

Water retention gone... It will makr face way more thin and the jaw will be visible.... high testosterone I think will bring it that face shape

I think it's also related to high androgens in puberty. But how did they achieve the high androgen levels?

bloom

It's obviously a combination of genetic, and environmental factors. For example I can change my diet, exercise, ect. And i may experience increased muscle mass, hair growth ect. But as of now our genetics impose limitations on us we cannot overcome. For example I cannot make dietary or lifestyle changes to develope black skin, or grow a foot in height. We have limitations imposed on us by our genetics. Fact of life

AJC

Something I'm gonna throw in here just because I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else in regards to achieving a "handsome look": your thoughts. The face reflects more than anything else (except maybe the eyes) a person's thoughts/attitudes/feelings, etc. Learning how to CONCENTRATE on a subject you love and consistently choosing thoughts of confidence and strength will eventual lend a shine and aura to your face and eyes that is impossible to achieve otherwise. This may take a few months to a few years to happen, but it will happen.