How Is The Traditional 'handsome' Male Look Achieved?

x-ray peat

I just came across this and apparently square jaws are not always the best thing going. Could be time to lay off on the mewing.

"Certain environments can influence a man's sex appeal. Lisa DeBruine and colleagues at the University of Aberdeen found an intriguing connection between a country's health status and the types its female citizens find attractive. Women from countries with healthy populations preferred digitally "feminized" versions of a man's face, whereas women from countries with poor health chose digitally "masculinized" men. (Think Britain's Robert Pattinson versus Portugal's Cristiano Ronaldo.) Macho men with high testosterone levels are thought to be more robust; perhaps when life is precarious, a man who is willing to cuddle is not a priority."
some other interesting tidbits in there
The Puzzle of Pretty Boys

Herbie

I just came across this and apparently square jaws are not always the best thing going. Could be time to lay off on the mewing.

"Certain environments can influence a man's sex appeal. Lisa DeBruine and colleagues at the University of Aberdeen found an intriguing connection between a country's health status and the types its female citizens find attractive. Women from countries with healthy populations preferred digitally "feminized" versions of a man's face, whereas women from countries with poor health chose digitally "masculinized" men. (Think Britain's Robert Pattinson versus Portugal's Cristiano Ronaldo.) Macho men with high testosterone levels are thought to be more robust; perhaps when life is precarious, a man who is willing to cuddle is not a priority."
some other interesting tidbits in there
The Puzzle of Pretty Boys

Ive read the same thing for women in terms of men being attracted to more masculine women in times of hardship and males being more attracted to feminine females when in times of wealth and peace.

I read that when women ovulate that they can be more attracted to masculine features but when taking the contraceptive pill they do not ovulate and perhaps this is having influence on what the mainstream perceives as attractive.

Constatine

Ive read the same thing for women in terms of men being attracted to more masculine women in times of hardship and males being more attracted to feminine females when in times of wealth and peace.

I read that when women ovulate that they can be more attracted to masculine features but when taking the contraceptive pill they do not ovulate and perhaps this is having influence on what the mainstream perceives as attractive.
Women are also becoming masculinized to a certain degree.

Sunny Jack

Ive noticed this too in behaviour and looks and of course men becoming more feminised as well.

Erik has some very interesting insights into feminine beauty if you haven't already found it. www.femininebeauty.info

Certainly I've noticed that men are not what they should be. In my generation, I have often wondered what it would be like when we were all grown up, but I'll never know. All of my classmates look like children, even when they have children of their own. The hipster beard look is in now, but still many of the men I was at school with still look like boys. Like they're dressing up as grown-ups, even the soap opera actors of my generation look like they are playing older parts despite the demonic goatees a lot of them wear. It must be something very toxic in the environment. The plastic or the tap water estrogen.

Mufasa

Masculine beauty is overrated, especially as it comes to attracting woman.

That said, since I take defibron, my girlfriend is constantly saying how good I look. Litteraly, every time we meet, "oh you look so good today. Are u happy?"

But this has probably to do with water retention, brightness of eyes. Skin color. Etc.

Constatine

Masculine beauty is overrated, especially as it comes to attracting woman.

That said, since I take defibron, my girlfriend is constantly saying how good I look. Litteraly, every time we meet, "oh you look so good today. Are u happy?"

But this has probably to do with water retention, brightness of eyes. Skin color. Etc.
Yes but it grants you plenty of respect among both women and men.

Elysium

Men becoming this, women are becoming that. Are you talking about your specific friends or family - in which case it's anecdotal thus pointless, or is there a basis for these generalised statements? Or is this just a "in the good old days" kind of rant?

Constatine

Men becoming this, women are becoming that. Are you talking about your specific friends or family - in which case it's anecdotal thus pointless, or is there a basis for these generalised statements? Or is this just a "in the good old days" kind of rant?
Anecdotal statements are not pointless. Experience is the only true knowledge. But yes this is anecdotal.

Herbie

Certainly I've noticed that men are not what they should be. In my generation, I have often wondered what it would be like when we were all grown up, but I'll never know. All of my classmates look like children, even when they have children of their own. The hipster beard look is in now, but still many of the men I was at school with still look like boys. Like they're dressing up as grown-ups, even the soap opera actors of my generation look like they are playing older parts despite the demonic goatees a lot of them wear. It must be something very toxic in the environment. The plastic or the tap water estrogen.

It became clear to me when I started watching films and documentaries from the 1930s-1950s.

Ray makes it very clear whats causing it, its a conundrum.

Herbie

Its a trend which can be traced back in history and Rays work points the causes out. Its observable in the culture particularly in the USA and Australia but not so much in Europe for various reasons.

Elysium

Sure, Peat has his share of using anecdotal evidence to make generalised claims. In one instance, he supports his pro diary argument (which i dont disagree with) by his observations of obesity in people when crossing the Russian-Finish border.
Lets be honest, if anyone from the paleo camp made an analogical claim like that on anything he'd be laughed out of here.

Herbie

Im talking about hormones in culture and there is studies on mens testosterone levels dropping over the past decades from environmental causing including food and rise of men using anabolic steroids and the effects the contraceptive pill has had on estrogen levels of woman and what the steep clime in pufa consumption and its impact.

Some info about Pamela Anderson Contact information

I am just shooting the ***t but I have read scientific studies which lead me to be interested in this kind subject.

chrismeyers

Its not your imagination. Average male testosterone levels have plummetted like a rock over the last 30 years. Even at equivalent age ranges, its upto half as high as it was in the early 80s. Lots of theories. Phytoestrogens in the food supply, water, increasing soy products and oil. Lots of ideas. One look at any group of kids now and youll see a feminised face on the boys, and a smaller stature that looks very different from a similar group of same aged kids you would remember from when you were a kid. Just peating alone has increased my testosterone dramatically. Lots of dairy based sat fats, no nut seed or vegetable oils, etc

Elysium

Hmm...I suppose it's true, the kids these days do seem a lot smaller to me than they seemed when I was a child.

Drareg

I find it funny that so many males on this forum who regularly pop up in threads on homosexuality expressing their dismay for homosexuals yet here we are in a thread discussing what we think is "hot" about males.
We just have to adjust the language a touch to make this into a gay forum thread that said males would spray hate at.

Funny how supposedly heterosexual males are discussing what is "gorgeous" "hot" in men while ignoring the female commenters, either of the two males in the images will be rejected by reasonably intelligent females if they are the cliche modern fake alpha angry suppressed issues male,essentially the attractiveness wears off,as mentioned there is more to what females see as attraction in men,it's the overall "package" in most cases relative to female perceptions,clearly from this thread men just need a guy to have a nice body,hair,jawline and teeth.
Why not put some pictures of male asses on here and debate which one we like the most,not in a gay way or anything.....

Cue cliche camp voice-
Wow Brad Pitts hairline is faaaab!
Wow his eyebrows are so thick and luuuush!
Sorry sladerunner69 but your sooo not my type,My ex-boyfriend was Turkish and now loath all Turkish men.
Wow I just wanna bite his broad chin and run my hand through his straight hair.
Etc etc etc
End camp voice-

These 2 males may appeal to men because you are sexually attracted to them,many women may be but you will find women who won't be blown away.

Notice also in this thread we have a plug for "infectious diseases" as the sole cause of androgen issues and everything else,epigenetics viral issues,take note of these plugs as they will appear more and more from the anti-Peat brigade.
:emoji_kiss_mm::emoji_kiss_mm::emoji_kiss_mm::emoji_wrestlers::emoji_wrestlers::emoji_wrestlers::emoji_water_polo::emoji_water_polo::emoji_construction_worker::emoji_cop::emoji_helmet_with_cross:

Drareg

Sometimes when I'm reading through a thread I think it's real alpha to have some music pumping,multi tasking you know,anyway here it is some tunes!!!

Yes that's because orthodondists use it when they go for more than just straightening teeth. What is unusual is visiting an orthodontist 'for decades'. Unless you had a barbell fall on your face like our Turkish Quasimodo friend above, no orthodontic treatment should last more than 3 to 4 years, even if it includes surgery. Even for adults.
Started with fixed braces (that thing) then removable, then he wanted me on invisalign LOL and it's the same place as my dentist so I still see him.

Herbie

I find it funny that so many males on this forum who regularly pop up in threads on homosexuality expressing their dismay for homosexuals yet here we are in a thread discussing what we think is "hot" about males.
We just have to adjust the language a touch to make this into a gay forum thread that said males would spray hate at.

Funny how supposedly heterosexual males are discussing what is "gorgeous" "hot" in men while ignoring the female commenters, either of the two males in the images will be rejected by reasonably intelligent females if they are the cliche modern fake alpha angry suppressed issues male,essentially the attractiveness wears off,as mentioned there is more to what females see as attraction in men,it's the overall "package" in most cases relative to female perceptions,clearly from this thread men just need a guy to have a nice body,hair,jawline and teeth.
Why not put some pictures of male asses on here and debate which one we like the most,not in a gay way or anything.....

Cue cliche camp voice-
Wow Brad Pitts hairline is faaaab!
Wow his eyebrows are so thick and luuuush!
Sorry sladerunner69 but your sooo not my type,My ex-boyfriend was Turkish and now loath all Turkish men.
Wow I just wanna bite his broad chin and run my hand through his straight hair.
Etc etc etc
End camp voice-

These 2 males may appeal to men because you are sexually attracted to them,many women may be but you will find women who won't be blown away.

Notice also in this thread we have a plug for "infectious diseases" as the sole cause of androgen issues and everything else,epigenetics viral issues,take note of these plugs as they will appear more and more from the anti-Peat brigade.
:emoji_kiss_mm::emoji_kiss_mm::emoji_kiss_mm::emoji_wrestlers::emoji_wrestlers::emoji_wrestlers::emoji_water_polo::emoji_water_polo::emoji_construction_worker::emoji_cop::emoji_helmet_with_cross:

I think heterosexual men are not attracted to Brad Pitt but the characters he plays in the films but might get confused about that. Its all fake If he actually was attractive surely he could have chosen healthier wives.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals