How Is The Traditional 'handsome' Male Look Achieved?

milk_lover

I think not too high progesterone and high DHT could contribute to the faces you described. So probably pregnenolone/progesterone might not the best friends for you. Think more about DHT, DHEA, Andro etc.,. Good thyroid function is very important as I am sure you know.. Ok let me think of supplements that do impair androgenity a bit.. This is solely from my experience.. so experimenting is warranted for each person. Those supplements include progesterone, pregnenolone, glycine, cypro, emodin, coconut oil, carrots, tocopherols/vit E, vit B2, and others.. Glycine and cypro are probably the worst offenders because they give me so much water retention it's puzzling! And guys no need to be mean to each other.. Why don't we hug each other and be relaxed a little?

x-ray peat

I think not too high progesterone and high DHT could contribute to the faces you described. So probably pregnenolone/progesterone might not the best friends for you. Think more about DHT, DHEA, Andro etc.,. Good thyroid function is very important as I am sure you know.. Ok let me think of supplements that do impair androgenity a bit.. This is solely from my experience.. so experimenting is warranted for each person. Those supplements include progesterone, pregnenolone, glycine, cypro, emodin, coconut oil, carrots, tocopherols/vit E, vit B2, and others.. Glycine and cypro are probably the worst offenders because they give me so much water retention it's puzzling! And guys no need to be mean to each other.. Why don't we hug each other and be relaxed a little?
A lot of those supplements are supposed to raise testosterone not lower it. I am curious how you came to your conclusions. Were you doing a lot of blood-work while experimenting?
And yes I agree there is no need to be mean.

milk_lover

A lot of those supplements are supposed to raise testosterone not lower it. I am curious how you came to your conclusions. Were you doing a lot of blood-work while experimenting?
And yes I agree there is no need to be mean.
no I had zero blood-work! I just see how I feel and look which might not the most accurate thing to measure progress.. I live in UAE, we don't have a lot of those fancy medical tests and I am not really comfortable going to clinics and hospitals.. Maybe there are bad stuff in those supplements that I react to.. or they are not as pure as the manufactures believe or tell us. This list of supplements is only from personal experience that's why I said each person should have his/her own experience and see how they feel..

x-ray peat

no I had zero blood-work! I just see how I feel and look which might not the most accurate thing to measure progress.. I live in UAE, we don't have a lot of those fancy medical tests and I am not really comfortable going to clinics and hospitals.. Maybe there are bad stuff in those supplements that I react to.. or they are not as pure as the manufactures believe or tell us. This list of supplements is only from personal experience that's why I said each person should have his/her own experience and see how they feel..
got it.. I was concerned because I, like a lot of people here, are probably taking a few of those on your list.

milk_lover

got it.. I was concerned because I, like a lot of people here, are probably taking a few of those on your list.
to make you feel better, I still take some of those for specific situations or I am really really stressed from my 9-hours job.. And I am obligated to tell you I am not the most consistent person to see the real effects of specific substances because I go overboard and change a lot of things in a short period of time..

By no means. Expander does not straighten teeth. It's sole purpose is to reshape the jaw.

I went to a conventional orthodontist for decades and that's exactly the kind of gadget he used on me.

sladerunner69

Sorry to say, with the exception of the hair line, which i have no problem to retract, everything else stands. One might even say times 2. The second pictures actually indicates several facial deformities, lips including. Still no sign of cheek bones though. I would speculate that the elongated chin has drawn up the majority of building blocks, leaving the rest of your face fairly flat. To be honest maybe it's better that way. I trust you dont really believe your malformations are attributable to weight lifting, unless of course you're hinting at a bench pressing accident.

But hey, I dont want to argue with you, it is not uncommon to have a grossly distorted perception of ones self. Certainly dont want to argue with your mom. I mean, Hugh Jackman does have brown hair.

Regarding your German origin, have you considered that Germany has a huge Turkish minority, so we could very well be both right. But I honestly don't see anything even remotely Teutonic or Latin European in your facial features, on any level.

I hope there are no hard feelings, i'm trying to be factual and on topic, not many people would be willing to post a picture of themselves in a thread like this and offer themselves to the scrutiny, especially with maxillofacial contortions. So kudos for that.

kek trying to be factual by claiming my mother compliments me too much? My mother is legitimately worried that I am too confident in my looks, so she often takes the same envious tone as you. She has never once told me I resemble anyone famous, and actually much more typically than a compliment will tell me I resemble shrek or the giant from jack's beanstalk.

But yeah, don't start with the "Im trying to factual" which clearly you aren't, and even then, saying so in sincerity is hysterical. We are talking about perhaps the most subjective non-factual thing in the world, looks/attractiveness. Thus you are entitled to your own opinion, regardless of how disengenious, jealousy-derived, and pedantic it may seem.

On the factual side, however, Germany has only had a large Turkish minority recently, which began slowly during WW1 and didn't become politically significant until the 60's (As an austrian I would expect you to understand this). The truth is my features are far more italian, whom commonly have large roman noses and long chins, though of course there is an unlimited variety in every origin so Ive already tired of this topic.

I also don't know how to comprehend your persistance about flat-faceness, perhaps you are projecting that upon me? It is clear that it is too difficult to determine how flat someones face is without a profile view, so remarkably niave of you to claim my face is flat enough to be the result of a bench press accident without the corresponing perspective. In fact what I perhaps consider my greatest feature is my profile, and a theater coach at one point even mentioned that he believe I had "The best profile in the biz", and when it comes to facial attraciveness I would heed the advice of a successful hollywood acting coach over someone like you, who thinks they can judge a profile without a profile.

Herbie

If your comparing yourself to today's celebrities/fitness models stop it.

These guys use steroids, make up, cosmetic surgery, special lighting restrictive diets and it goes on these men as you call them behave more like women caught up in vanity in order to make a living and survive, their motivations are different. Its messed up that young men look to these men as a role model or something to compare or strive to be.

They work hard to look like someone who works hard.

To look like someone who is a hard working cowboy or a farmer or a blue collar worker. If you want to become more masculine go and get a blue collar job where your labouring everyday outside, going into dangerous life threatening situations, spend a lot of time around other men as apposed to hanging round the nest with the women and you will become more masculine.

Going to the gym won't have a big impact on becoming more masculine because its not a masculine environment with the stupid music, blue lights, mirrors and the machine does most of the work for you, thats why I believe that you have to inject testosterone to get any real results from the gym because its just not the correct environment and lifestyle for increasing masculinity if anything I think it oppresses it. The snake oil supplement companies, ridiculous diets endless looking in the mirror.

Look at the fashion industry and active wear... everything slim, skinny, tapered, men wearing tights to the gym. Its not good guys, I recently struggled to get a pair of jeans to fit me properly and went everywhere in the department stores/malls and then had to drive out in the countryside to a cowboy horse place and found a decent pair of cowboy jeans there. Even when I go to buy work clothes for blue collar jobs its becoming slim pants and slim shirt like you can't move and do anything in tight clothing. I don't know who they de

I know there isn't many decent male role models around anymore but don't look towards the stars so to speak its an illusion.

And if you think your going to get more women with going to the gym and manipulating the way you look think again, you think your more confident but its not confidence, its more arrogance.

The more effort you put into your vanity and shallow pursuits you will only meet with shallow women who your not really attracted to, won't be able to form strong relationships. The women that a man really wants will run as fast as they can from guys spending all there time in stinking gyms trying to punish themselves out of their insecurity to the deepest core, women can see it a mile away and its sad.

The reasons women are all crazy for these celeb guys is not about their looks its about their status in the dominance hierarchy and if you look at how these men behave in relationships you may come to realise that they are not real men.

lvysaur

I'll add look at caitlyn jenner, all the hormones in the world wont make her look anymore feminine.

This is more because androgens are "irreversible" in some sense.

FtM transexuals look 100% male, save the shorter than average height.

theLaw

tom-of-finland-day-night-960x640.jpg

Constatine

If your comparing yourself to today's celebrities/fitness models stop it.

These guys use steroids, make up, cosmetic surgery, special lighting restrictive diets and it goes on these men as you call them behave more like women caught up in vanity in order to make a living and survive, their motivations are different. Its messed up that young men look to these men as a role model or something to compare or strive to be.

They work hard to look like someone who works hard.

To look like someone who is a hard working cowboy or a farmer or a blue collar worker. If you want to become more masculine go and get a blue collar job where your labouring everyday outside, going into dangerous life threatening situations, spend a lot of time around other men as apposed to hanging round the nest with the women and you will become more masculine.

Going to the gym won't have a big impact on becoming more masculine because its not a masculine environment with the stupid music, blue lights, mirrors and the machine does most of the work for you, thats why I believe that you have to inject testosterone to get any real results from the gym because its just not the correct environment and lifestyle for increasing masculinity if anything I think it oppresses it. The snake oil supplement companies, ridiculous diets endless looking in the mirror.

Look at the fashion industry and active wear... everything slim, skinny, tapered, men wearing tights to the gym. Its not good guys, I recently struggled to get a pair of jeans to fit me properly and went everywhere in the department stores/malls and then had to drive out in the countryside to a cowboy horse place and found a decent pair of cowboy jeans there. Even when I go to buy work clothes for blue collar jobs its becoming slim pants and slim shirt like you can't move and do anything in tight clothing. I don't know who they de

I know there isn't many decent male role models around anymore but don't look towards the stars so to speak its an illusion.

And if you think your going to get more women with going to the gym and manipulating the way you look think again, you think your more confident but its not confidence, its more arrogance.

The more effort you put into your vanity and shallow pursuits you will only meet with shallow women who your not really attracted to, won't be able to form strong relationships. The women that a man really wants will run as fast as they can from guys spending all there time in stinking gyms trying to punish themselves out of their insecurity to the deepest core, women can see it a mile away and its sad.

The reasons women are all crazy for these celeb guys is not about their looks its about their status in the dominance hierarchy and if you look at how these men behave in relationships you may come to realise that they are not real men.
I agree, the gym is worthless for "gaining masculinity". There have been studies that going out to the woods and chopping wood boosts testosterone a lot. A man can foster his manhood by embracing his masculine needs (pursuit of women, controlled violence, independence, etc).

Constatine

This is more because androgens are "irreversible" in some sense.

FtM transexuals look 100% male, save the shorter than average height.
True, once you build bone you are not going to lose it in the same sense. The volume will stay similar but density worse if you do lose bone.

cyclops

How could you know the music is stupid at all gyms? And who gets to be the judge of that? Most gym goers seem to listen to their own music anyway. Blue lights are in most every public place, not exclusive to gyms. Many gyms now don't have mirrors and you don't have to look in them. Get your barbell deadlift to 600, Squat to 500, Bench to 400, Overhead Press to 300 through years of hard training. You will have to push yourself very hard to achieve this. Then keep going. Its a good thing.

Last edited:

cyclops

I see guys in not-tight stuff all the time at gym. Normal shorts, sweatpants, t-shirts etc. Jean companies like Levis make jeans in slim, moderate, and loose versions. Shirts too. They come in slim and traditional.

Last edited:

Elysium

I went to a conventional orthodontist for decades and that's exactly the kind of gadget he used on me.

Yes that's because orthodondists use it when they go for more than just straightening teeth. What is unusual is visiting an orthodontist 'for decades'. Unless you had a barbell fall on your face like our Turkish Quasimodo friend above, no orthodontic treatment should last more than 3 to 4 years, even if it includes surgery. Even for adults.

Last edited:

x-ray peat

Is it purely genetics, or does nutrition also play a role?

All of you know the look, broad chin, thick eyebrows, straight hair(usually) etc.
All of them look similar. I'm thinking this has to do a high level of androgens in puberty? Any theories on how facial development like this is achieved? I've noticed almost all of them have impeccable hair, eyebrows and teeth as well.
Assuming that this wasn't just a question out of curiosity, I think the more important question to ask is what are you looking to accomplish with a more traditional handsome look. Unless you are into narcissism, your looks don't do much for you directly but only in how they cause others to act towards you. I think that there are much easier ways to get that same end result from some behavioral modifications then it would be to try to square up your jaw line with K2 and mewing.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals