How Is The Traditional 'handsome' Male Look Achieved?

TeslaFan

Something I'm gonna throw in here just because I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else in regards to achieving a "handsome look": your thoughts. The face reflects more than anything else (except maybe the eyes) a person's thoughts/attitudes/feelings, etc. Learning how to CONCENTRATE on a subject you love and consistently choosing thoughts of confidence and strength will eventual lend a shine and aura to your face and eyes that is impossible to achieve otherwise. This may take a few months to a few years to happen, but it will happen.

Nice! And most importantly, true.

I think it's also related to high androgens in puberty. But how did they achieve the high androgen levels?

Probably being outside a lot as a kid, like playing soccer and baseball every year for the school team or living near a beach and drinking a load of milk growing up, maybe having a good family life, like having a big family so u can never fap along with all the test really would add up

X3CyO

Steroids can help influence that.

X3CyO

At the moment I can think of 3 theories:

1)Genetics, good looking parents
2)Good nutrition
3)High social standing in puberty increasing androgens

Anybody else?

All three of those as well as sun exposure, sports or weight lifting, and not just good nutrition but correct nutrition.

My friend has the exact same appearance as the first photo and has always had those checked off the list. He's also lived a decently stressful life though so its definitely a balance.

Also. Im not sure on the genetics portion so much. His brother is sub par and is the complete opposite of him while his parents are OK. Same goes for highschool photos.

Last edited:

sladerunner69

You look like if Robert Patinson was raised in a mine shaft.

That is to say, pretty damn sexy.

Lol thanks broski!

I do get told a lot that I resemble "That Twilight guy". I also get Hugh Jackman now and then. I'll take bad **** version of Robby Pattinson any time! :baby:

TubZy

K2, high androgens (specifically DHT/DHEA). Facial features are mainly down to bone density and water retention. Long before I Peated, I would use straight DHT derived steroids (no test) and my face would look much more chiseled from the great reduction in estrogen leading to less water retention and facial features being more defined. Then I experimented with K2 (45mg 3x a day) and my bite and jaw became more prominent and stronger. Obviously it is not permanent meaning the bone will not 100% stay that way, but it increases the amount of mass of bone density in the region, thickening the jaw and upper check bones (at least what I noticed) while you use it. Also, skin quality plays a role, the tighter and healthy your skin is the more it will be stuck closer to the jaw, giving you that extra chiseled looked. I noticed this if I miss a few days of not using solban.

I would also look into "mewing" if you are a mouth breather, it can help get rid of a recessed chin and jaw.

Of course, genetics plays a role too, but it is not as much as you think IMO. All the other stuff like eyebrow thickness etc, just use castor oil or topical niacinamide/taurine etc. and T3 if you are hypothyroid, that is an easy fix, if they are thin. My aren't that thin though although I wouldn't mind them being a little more dense, I wax mine and shape them up with and clipper outliner.

Last but not least, if you do resistant training, make sure you train your necks/traps pretty good. It will help shape your face and jaw better as well and give it a more even, squared out dense look. My favorite exercise for that is the above the knew rack pulls. I always had a skinnier neck, so it was a pain for me when my shoulders and chest would grow, until I started putting more emphasis on it.

Last edited:

bloom

It's obviously a combination of genetic, and environmental factors. For example I can change my diet, exercise, ect. And i may experience increased muscle mass, hair growth ect. But as of now our genetics impose limitations on us we cannot overcome. For example I cannot make dietary or lifestyle changes to develope black skin, or grow a foot in height. We have limitations imposed on us by our genetics. Fact of life
I'll add look at caitlyn jenner, all the hormones in the world wont make her look anymore feminine. You can certainly make changes, but all the supplements and hormones Out there cant make you look like Brad Pitt.

Integra

Have you seen any videos by Jordan B. Peterson? He's a clinical psychologist from Canada, and has a lot of talks about personality transformations. But he's more interesting to me because of his own psychical and physical transformation. If you look at one of his earlier videos on his Youtube channel, say from 2014 or so, he was this chubby, round-faced, bald-looking, tired, exasperated, and a bit timid of a persona. His physical appearance--everything ranging from face shape, body height, and things like posture--matched that personality.

Then something happened to him (I don't know really what; among other things, I think he adopted a Paleo diet or something, but I think that's besides the point here) and it's evident that he changed to such a degree that I couldn't believe that I was watching the same person. If you pull up pictures of him side-by-side, and play each video for a few seconds, you would see one person who took life by the reins, and his older self who was not having such a good time, and his face reflected that before and after. I think he's a great example of a person who became "more of himself" and thus better-looking without making any changes beyond lifestyle, attitude adjustments, taking on new challenges, etc...

So, when I look at the pictures of the men you posted as inspiration @Nutrientz , I would assume they're very competitive, slightly self-absorbed, and both seem like they're either athletic or playful (if they're in fact different people). The person in the first photo has a touch of assertiveness in his eyes, whereas the second one seems confident due to his past achievements, and because who he is has never been challenged by the environment. They both seem to be in shallow touch with their feminine side, whatever that means.

On the less kind side of things, if I can extend my assumptions based on their appearance, they also seem like the kind of people who never had to waste any calories to impress others; so I would assume they either have ready-made "prince charming/good guy/athletic jock" personalities, or a culture-specific sense of humor. To be even more judgmental, I would not assume high intelligence in either. And oh yeah, they both look rich, kind of like sheltered midwestern highschoolers from all-white towns.

Integra

=The face reflects more than anything else (except maybe the eyes) a person's thoughts/attitudes/feelings, etc. Learning how to CONCENTRATE on a subject you love and consistently choosing thoughts of confidence and strength will eventual lend a shine and aura to your face and eyes that is impossible to achieve otherwise. This may take a few months to a few years to happen, but it will happen.

+1

I think so, too. I think the same holds for both sexes, in fact.

Athletic

I'll add look at caitlyn jenner, all the hormones in the world wont make her look anymore feminine. You can certainly make changes, but all the supplements and hormones Out there cant make you look like Brad Pitt.

Seconded! I'd say genetics are at least 70% for most people. Even if nutrition isn't perfect, as long as there are no immense deficiencies your genetic-makeup will sprout sooner or later. I think that signs of aggression and competitiveness in early ages as a child are a good indicator.

Last edited:

Thoushant

I think it's related to sensory perception of the body, and the musclur tone to maintain the correct posture. So most of these, aside from good starting genetics have not gone through major life stressing events up till teenage years, and not been through boredom(EDIT:significant or prolonged. ie life is playful happy). Like the physical posture to have those looks require an emotional tone of low stress and emotional wellbeing(Taking care of oneself, not dissmissing anything) .
I don't even think it's only androgens. But the way you view yourself in relation to the world, alters the position you head is in.
EDIT EDIT: So an upbringing that didn't beat you down too much, and a safe space to allow for growth, literally BOOOM MIC DROP ....

I think like the chin would devolp strong, because it is in tension from musclur forces(SCM, digastricus, , tongue) and fascia forces. torsion and other forces are going through the bone.
Then the gonial angle has a ligament connecting to the SCM. And there is a fascia going from sternum to the mandible. So rotation influences the forces going through. Literaly the fascia put in tension, from upright posture would give the mandible reaction type growth.

The zygomatic is bound by the masseter muscles, but also neck fascia from above and below, so muscles that alters fascia tension influence bone growth.

There was an article series on researchgate of the different faces of people with different malocclusion, depending on whether their neck is in extension or flexion at the SBS joint.

Herbie

Jordan B Peterson said that he doing a paleo diet and just eats meat and said he cut all the carbs out for the past year and said he didn't want to go further into explaining his diet.

I listened to all of his content on his youtube channel and from observing him, he has never out right said it but I have a hunch that he has used psychedelic substances in order to see things the way he does especially the way he analyses symbolism, where his interests are focused and the power that he has harnessed. The kind of psychedelic trips one can have will have the level of impact that can be noticed in Jordan. IMO

Elysium

Blessed may you be, brethren.

funny you'd say that I am actually pretty much a equal mix of Italian and German. Where is the midpoint between those two countries?

Actually i live in Austria and you dont look anything like Austrians. And Austrians look nothing like Italians, they are an even mix of Germans and Slavs. In fact you look neither German nor Italian. My guess would be middle eastern, specifically Lebanon. But i could also go for Bulgarian with some Turkish ancestry, possibly Greek - they mostly have Turkish genes anyway.

You have a very flat face that lacks dimension. You jaw is long, too long, clearly at the expense of its width. The jaw line just tapers towards your ears, lasking any definition or angularity, you know the chiseled look that makes a man. You have no observable cheekbones. Your nasal tip is dropped, further accentuating your pinched and quite asymmetrical lips. It also causes your mouth to nose vs mouth to chin ratio to be out of whack. Not sure how old you are, but if anywhere around 30 or under, I'd be worried about that hairline.

Lilac

I use movie stars as a benchmark.

In my opinion, there is nobody around today who compares with Gary Cooper, John Wayne, Robert Taylor, etc. Tall, muscular, stunning chiseled faces. A lot of the classic movie stars grew up in cowboy-like settings. No pollution, clean water and air, pure foods, lots of outdoor activity. Parents who were not compromised by X-rays or prescription drugs.

I look and look and look at people on the street. I just don't see any strapping young men, let alone with striking faces.

Growth hormones determine bone size.

Androgenic ratios determine bone shape

Genetics determine facial features.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals