How Is The Traditional 'handsome' Male Look Achieved?

baccheion

lvocm82aqhvy.jpg

This chart is quite funny actually. Very accurate.

I really wouldn't worry about trying to "Achieve" the handsome male look. You either have forward growing symmetrical face and relativity decent height, or you don't.

Put your ego aside, recognize where you are on the scale, only then can you adjust standards, plan a strategy, and stop comparing yourself to others. Try to make some money and acquire some resources, utilize 30% unemployment to your advantage and date waitresses in 3 months when their unemployment is up.

The ammount of time a 5/10 wastes trying to become a 6.5 with hair transplants, style, muscles he could start a side business/Climb corporate ladder and get much more pleasure out of life than an occasional one night stand or a few extra glances from some random girls your too scared to talk too.
Sounds very high school.

Many would have benefited from taking iodine (protocol) and applying magnesium oil spray. And eating well (CRON-o-meter; 1 : 1 : 1 calcium:phosphorus:magnesium). And sleeping well (ZMA). And an mTOR pulse every 3-4 hours by getting enough protein and the at least 2x as much carbs to match. And increasing protein every 3rd day (0.75 g/lb for 2 days, 1.00 g/lb for 2 days, 1.25 g/lb for 2 days, 0.00 g/lb on day 7, then repeat). And restricting on the 7th day, always ensuring at least 50 grams glucose every 4 hours to keep hormones producing. And ensuring a net 5-10% surplus by increasing calories on the other 6 days.

Zigzag

The 2nd "slayer" from that list has weird cheebones. It's like the zygomatic bone is protruding only from outer sides and is sunken near nose. Wtf.

baccheion

Still would like to know I have two sons.
People with gigantism (excess HGH while plates are still open) are so downstream mainly due to T3 and hGH/IGF-1. People with excess hGH often have plates open well into 20s and 30s. Thyroid is associated with DHT (I believe DHT stimulates).

Iodine protocol pushes out halogens, maintains endocrine function, directly and indirectly maintains gut flora, etc. Adding magnesium oil spray topically also triggers DHEA synthesis in skin (clips any feminization).

Unsure how it would interact with a Peat approach to eating, though I'm not sure why gelatin, etc would be introduced while plates are still open. Supposedly the "bad" aminos are needed most during growth. Better to eat whole made-to-be-anabolic foods like potatoes, skim milk, (truly pastured organic) raw egg yolks, etc. And chicken liver. Problems could occur if there are genetic predispositions to having poor reactions to such sources, but there's genetic (and other) testing these days and interpreter sites. Issues can be caught even before pregnancy happens (tweaking what mother eats).

Jing

People with gigantism (excess HGH while plates are still open) are so downstream mainly due to T3 and hGH/IGF-1. People with excess hGH often have plates open well into 20s and 30s. Thyroid is associated with DHT (I believe DHT stimulates).

Iodine protocol pushes out halogens, maintains endocrine function, directly and indirectly maintains gut flora, etc. Adding magnesium oil spray topically also triggers DHEA synthesis in skin (clips any feminization).

Unsure how it would interact with a Peat approach to eating, though I'm not sure why gelatin, etc would be introduced while plates are still open. Supposedly the "bad" aminos are needed most during growth. Better to eat whole made-to-be-anabolic foods like potatoes, skim milk, (truly pastured organic) raw egg yolks, etc. And chicken liver. Problems could occur if there are genetic predispositions to having poor reactions to such sources, but there's genetic (and other) testing these days and interpreter sites. Issues can be caught even before pregnancy happens (tweaking what mother eats).
Ok, would iodine protocol have any benefits for adults?

baccheion

Ok, would iodine protocol have any benefits for adults?
It exists as part of a package in the case of recommendations for teenagers.

For adults, yea. At least to saturate tissues before reducing to whatever is decided based on diet and goals. Iodine and vitamin D3 are similar. I believe Ray Peat is against iodine, though.

laleto12

It exists as part of a package in the case of recommendations for teenagers.

For adults, yea. At least to saturate tissues before reducing to whatever is decided based on diet and goals. Iodine and vitamin D3 are similar. I believe Ray Peat is against iodine, though.
i did iodine protocol at 16. Didnt do anyhting to my life. And yes I’ve used cofactors as well. I was ingesting up to 100mg iodine a day. Zero change

baccheion

i did iodine protocol at 16. Didnt do anyhting to my life. And yes I’ve used cofactors as well. I was ingesting up to 100mg iodine a day. Zero change
How old are you? How were you eating? Did you run the tests that verify uptake and saturation?

People with normal growth, diet, and genes wouldn't notice much. Such people aren't as common, though. If it worked, you'd notice steady flattering/maximized development (from a hormonal perspective) if other aspects (eg, diet) were also addressed.

Can you elaborate on the growth plate and gelatin connection?

baccheion

Can you elaborate on the growth plate and gelatin connection?
Adding gelatin imbalances amino acids, lessening the ones more relevant to growth (methionine, tryptophan, etc). See profile of growth-oriented foods like potatoes, eggs, milk, etc..

mTOR handles protein synthesis, including glycine/serine/collagen. Becomes more relevant after puberty (or if following a ketogenic diet) to balance amino acids via gelatin. Can also try resensitizing to mTOR to let the body continue making what it wants.

T3 and hGH/IGF-1 are key parts of the growth action among those with gigantism. Among males, DHT is increased by IGF-1 and promotes thyroid function/output. DHT also opposes estrogen, a necessary hormones for growth but that will also more quickly "kill off" chondrocytes as its level gets higher.

I could keep going. Bump up protein every 3rd day to overcome any mTOR resistance. 0.75 g/lb for 2 days, 1.00 g/lb for 2 days, 1.25 g/lb for 2 days, 0.00 g/lb on day 7, then repeat. For day seven, 50 grams of glucose every 4 hours keeps hormones producing. With a slight 5-10% surplus and pubertal hormone levels, could even get a bulk without going to the gym. Ensure net surplus (also needed for mTOR to function) by taking missing calories from day 7 and spreading across other 6 days.

mTOR resensitization is even more relevant/important with age. When in maintenance mode (ie, plates fused), can even replace day 7 with a dry fast. 24 hours dry fasted is enough to trigger stem cell proliferation, something that would take 72 hours with a water fast. Target is 42 hours dry fasted, leaving a few extra hours on the sandwiching days. Ensure maintenance or slight surplus by spreading missing calories across other days.

A protein pulse enough to trigger mTOR every 3-4 hours further optimize gains.

Last edited:

AndrogenicJB

I

I am 17 how do I do iodine protocol and magnesium oil spray protocol for best results

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals