How Is Low Serum Ammonia Related To Hypertension?

Texon

In my case, I think it has to do with the kidney capillaries being filled with arterial plaque. It's more of a vascular problem with the kidneys being negatively impacted as kidneys have plenty of capillaries, and capillaries are far more significantly affected by plaque than major arteries. I'm going to try using proteolytic enzymes to try to lyse away the plaque. I have two bottles of ZymEssence on order and I'll update you in 2-3 months how it goes.
Interesting. Thanks! That would be great if your GFR improved. I take digestive enzymes due to not having a gallbladder but that's about it.

Antonello

Do you have results for serum ammonia and urea?

Were you eating adequate protein when urine test was done? You may have started the high fruit diet perhaps and the higher potassium may explain low ammonia.

High potassium intake reduces ammonia excretion while depleted potassium cause high excretion levels of ammonia in urine.

The connection between low ammonia in urine and hypertension has to do with kidneys have difficulty in excreting ammonia causing high levels in blood; it crosses blood brain barrier rapidly where it is extremely toxic. It can cause headaches which are common with hypertension.

Dr Peat advocates the beneficial use of the potato water and fruit due to their high keto acids. These ketoacids are able to recycle the excess ammonia into amino acids for the body to use. If this is the situation with you, the low ammonia may not be an issue. This would be a positive outcome. If you are free of headaches then it may very well be the case. However, if headaches are a common occurrence with the hypertension; I would seek to mop up excess ammonia from the system. Calcium has a role here.

By including fruit and potato ketoacids in your diet, you would have reduced need for heme protein.

Look forward to your blood pressure coming down.
But potatoes and fruits are high in potassium further exacerbate the ability to excrete ammonia that depends on sodium

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Interesting. Thanks! That would be great if your GFR improved. I take digestive enzymes due to not having a gallbladder but that's about it.

It's been 3 months already, and I just finished a bottle of ZymEssence, which I've been taking for 2 months. It would be nice if I show lower blood pressure, but instead my blood pressure has increased. From 180/120 to around 210/120. I also notice that I've been urinating a lot more, and am back to waking up 3-4x each night to urinate. I also have a much higher wbc and neutrophil count, which I guess would mean that the lysing of plaque is somehow triggering my innate immune system to respond to something either bacterial or toxic. I'm thinking that biofilms are being disrupted and bacteria is being released.

I also saw an increase of my RDW (red blood cell distribution width) from my CBC test, from 13.1 to 13.8. As red blood cells go through narrower passages in capillaries, they are somehow extruded and this increases their width. As more plaque accumulates on capillaries and makes these vessels narrower, the more red blood cells go thru this extrusion process. And because of this, the RDW value goes higher.

I think the increase in blood pressure lately is associated with the increased in RDW value, which is a measure of the plaque in my arteries/capillaries. I don't know why the plaque would increase, as the lysing of plaque using the enzymes should lessen the plaque. I suspect though, that the increased WBC and neutrophil count meant more plaque being produced, as dead WBC turns into plaque (with dead WBC and dead bacteria being like battleground casualties strewn over the battlefield).

Clearly, my WBC and neutrophils aren't being effective. They seem to lack effective weapons to get the job done killing their enemies, and so they are trying to win by the Chinese horde method (used in the Korean War) - producing a lot of neutrophils. So, I need to supply them with effective weapons - reactive oxygen species, such as superoxide, hydrogen peroxide, hypochlorous acid, peroxynitrite - to provide the respiratory or oxidative burst for macrophages and neutrophils to kill off bacteria with phagocytosis, where bacteria is enclosed by white blood cells and killed off. Clearly, I'm lacking firepower. I may be lacking NADPH, which is needed to produce ROS.

I hope that by taking more thiamine, vitamin b1, and niacinamide, vitamin b3, I can increase the availability of NADPH.

I know that lysing plaque is the right way to go about reducing my blood pressure, but I didn't know I would run into complications along the way. I hope I'm going about it the right way dealing with the complications. Geesh, things are never simple!

Regarding the increased urination, I think it has to do with high wbc and neutrophils. I tested my urine pH, and it says my body pH is actually optimal. So it isn't due to increased acidity in my ecf. For some reason, high wbc and high neutrophils is causing me to urinate a lot. I couldn't be driving for more than 45 minutes without stopping to pee. I just think there are too many byproducts produced by high wbc and neutrophil activity, and these had to be urinated.

Last edited:
OP
yerrag

yerrag

But potatoes and fruits are high in potassium further exacerbate the ability to excrete ammonia that depends on sodium
Could you explain further? I'm interested in knowing the mechanism.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals