How Important Is Silica In The Formation Of Gelatin/collagen ?

Arrade

I don't see why RPers would drink IPAs. Hops is the most estrogenic plant you can think of, concentrated to 3x its amount in normal beers.

Normally I can understand the taste argument, but that doesn't seem to work too well for IPAs either.
I knew there was several reasons to hate IPA :lol:

Sheila

Dear Amazoniac,

Delighted to find your input on this silica thread, just as I had cause to rethink silica in my mind, and thank you for the Trace Elements in Human et Animal Nutrition (vol. 2) - Walter Mertz reference.

You will have noted there is silica and silicon in your excerpted passages. I understand silica to be silicon dioxide (sand, 'crystalline silica') and I am not sure how readily digestible silica is (unless you have HF as a rather novel stomach acid) so that it may become the 'silicon' determined vital. However, I do not think that silicon, as it appears in your reference, is the isolated elemental metalloid but some other compound containing silicon (likely silicates?) which contain more oxygens and further ligands but still with pretty inert chemical reactivity. Do you happen to know which silicon-compound they used in their experiments? And also, do you know if silica can become silicic acid within the body, and if so, there would have to be some kind of biological catalyst for this otherwise unlikely process - yes, no? to reduce the amount of energy usually required in a lab to make that so.

Thank you very much,
Sheila

Amazoniac

The Importance of Bioactive Silicates in Human Health
"Drying of plant tissues causes condensation of silicic acid, so that silicic acid concentrations in dried plants of any age are reduced markedly. Therefore, a large proportion of the ingested silica from feed (greater than 95%) by herbivorous animals is not bioavailable.[8]"

Nice scarf, but I bet it would look better next to a Heineken. Visit Netherlands, drink Netherlands.

Dave Clark

the supplement silica is associated with cancer ?

even biosil, etc ?
Everything is associated with cancer, just search it, vitamin E, beta carotene, vitamin A, etc., etc., etc. Whenever you read/hear that, you need to dig deeper.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals