How I Stopped Eating Food

juanitacarlos

That is really interesting. Like most studies though, it's short term. I wish he had have got his cortisol or adrenaline tested (did I miss that?). I wonder if he felt so great because of stress hormones? Concerned that his pulse rate dropped too. And by week 4, he was 'getting a bit chilly, added a few pounds'. That can't be good...

He was putting 750mg of omega 3 in his drink too.
It looks like he used olive oil for the fat so 6.5g would be poly.
Bit short on calcium.
I wonder what his ratio of amino acids were for his protein portion?

And I'm not sure it's great for a grown man to be eating 1500 calories - calories count! We need them, they are not the enemy in this black or white way.
But in saying that...I like the premise of his experiment. To get as many nutrients into your body as cheaply as possible without toxins. Props to the go for trying something different.

jyb

ttramone said:
To get as many nutrients into your body as cheaply as possible without toxins. Props to the go for trying something different.

I doubt that its cheaper, calorie for calorie. Also, its probably loads of toxins because he uses supplements and dubious ingredients.

In the short term, its like Paleo, by reducing stuff like wheat there can always be some good things at the beginning.

4peatssake

gretchen said:
Soylent is food.

:rolling Good one.

I find his last blog post rather suspect and wonder if the whole thing isn't just a slick marketing gimmick.

Something felt really off reading it - especially when he turned an about face in his last post and now wants to send you his soylent. :roll:

I also agree with jyb that it's probably loaded with toxins.

I think I'll stick to my OJ, milk, coffee, gelatin, chocolate, coconut oil "Raylent." :mrgreen:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals