How high to go on Emodin

Epik

Hi all, I was just wondering if there are any down sides in taking maybe 1g of Emodin a day to force cortisol down. Any side effects or possible issues coming off Emodin? If so, what should be my max dose a day?

Thanks!

Jam

1g of pure emodin or of an herb such as cascara sagrada??

OP
Epik

Epik

You may want to start lower at 100-250mg and work your way up. Emodin has a strong laxative effect.
Right, but other than the laxative effect, would it be safe? I'm mostly concerned about rebound effect from blocking 11beta-HSD type 1

BogdanSav

Right, but other than the laxative effect, would it be safe? I'm mostly concerned about rebound effect from blocking 11beta-HSD
N=1. I used pure emodin powder sourced from aloe.
I think it's better used as needed rather than daily.
I didn't notice any downregulation subjectively. I couldn't use it more than 2 days in a row because of how potent it is, even doses below 500mg.
I think some of the study's show it can also downregulate androgen receptors.

OP
Epik

Epik

I've been trying to take 300mg twice a day and I can't control the diarrhea side effect. I've been taking cellulose fiber and S. Boulardii and I can't seem to slow down my gut motility to assure I absorb all the Emodin. Anyone know how I can slow down digestion to use higher dose of Emodin?

golder

Would a capsule of charcoal alongside 200-300mg of emodin help to lessen the laxative effect?