How high can you push the calcium:phosphorus ratio

Dr. B

The 5:1 ratio is not optium for bone health.

This reference made it clear to me that the calcium to phosphorous ratio of 1:1 that is discussed on this forum is a molar ratio. For a gram ratio that would be calcium to phosphorous ratio of 1.3 :1 or slightly above. The 5:1 ratio seems to be excessive in the long term.
apparently bones can be made of calcium carbonate? Ray said young bones are carbonate, and with aging and poor diet more of the calcium is replaced with phosphorus

Minus what the weirdo posted above, is that kind of ratio even possible? Seems like everything has phosphate in it.
maybe with vitamin d3? vitamin d3 could alter the ratio even if you're intaking 1:1 calcium to phosphate?

OP
S

sun-maid

The 5:1 ratio is not optium for bone health.

This reference made it clear to me that the calcium to phosphorous ratio of 1:1 that is discussed on this forum is a molar ratio. For a gram ratio that would be calcium to phosphorous ratio of 1.3 :1 or slightly above. The 5:1 ratio seems to be excessive in the long term.

I just want to build the strongest bones possible. So K2 + D (sunlight) and a bunch a calcium. Technically, you can't do much more without hormone or other things I think.

amd

Is easy to become overloaded with calcium in comparison to magnesium. Is not easy to keep the ratios when indulging on one thing to fix another. Something to keep in mind.

baccheion

perdon me my keybord is broken there is some missing keys on it,i let you ssume ich letters re missing.hy ould the rtio be this one for keto crivore?
Because of eggs. May even need more calcium to ensure net alkaline PRAL score.
doesnt D3 increase calcium?
i thought A increases absorption of potassium, magnesium and phosphorus whereas D3 boosts sodium and calcium... those things oppose each other. phosphorus/magnesium oppose calcium and potassium/sodium oppose each other. it wouldnt make sense for A to boost all those
Yes, so less is needed in ratio with phosphorus.

Where have you seen D3 increases sodium?

I looked at a chart. More vitamin D3 increases need for phosphorus and potassium (A, B2, B3, K2, zinc, and magnesium). More A increases need for calcium and sodium (B1, B3, B6, B10, B12, D3, E, copper, and selenium).

Last edited:

golder

I just want to build the strongest bones possible. So K2 + D (sunlight) and a bunch a calcium. Technically, you can't do much more without hormone or other things I think.
Which hormones (exotic or otherwise) are you referring to here that would help with bone strength?

Dr. B

Because of eggs. May even need more calcium to ensure net alkaline PRAL score.

Yes, so less is needed in ratio with phosphorus.

Where have you seen D3 increases sodium?

I looked at a chart. More vitamin D3 increases need for phosphorus and potassium (A, B2, B3, K2, zinc, and magnesium). More A increases need for calcium and sodium (B1, B3, B6, B10, B12, D3, E, copper, and selenium).
whered you get that chart mate?
i cant find the details now, dont know where i read it but it may be on a health related website.
D3 increases need for phosphorus, potassium, as well as those other things you mentioned like zinc magnesium k2, b3 and b2?

and A increases need for calcium, sodium, b1, b3, b6, b10, b12, d3 and E?

E is probably to prevent oxidation of the A, thats interesting.
what is B10 considered?

how do we balance all this?
Simply A and D alone should be able to balance each other out right?

gaze

Maybe it was Frank Tufano’s San Pellegrino water?
too little calcium. jesus only bought gerolsteiner. either that or he supplemented calcium citrate in 3 200mg intervals to maximize absorption.

baccheion

whered you get that chart mate?
i cant find the details now, dont know where i read it but it may be on a health related website.
D3 increases need for phosphorus, potassium, as well as those other things you mentioned like zinc magnesium k2, b3 and b2?

and A increases need for calcium, sodium, b1, b3, b6, b10, b12, d3 and E?

E is probably to prevent oxidation of the A, thats interesting.
what is B10 considered?

how do we balance all this?
Simply A and D alone should be able to balance each other out right?
It's not that serious. Just mentioning the associations. Vitamin C is best for protecting high amounts of vitamin A according to one study. ~1g worked much better than 400 IU vitamin E protecting 10s of thousands of IUs.

Dr. B

It's not that serious. Just mentioning the associations. Vitamin C is best for protecting high amounts of vitamin A according to one study. ~1g worked much better than 400 IU vitamin E protecting 10s of thousands of IUs.
how valuable do you think vitamin C is for supplementing.
and which brands are good ive heard serious issues like vitamin C being allergenic, sourced from mold/fungus. do you prefer Quali C or what kind of vitamin C.

baccheion

how valuable do you think vitamin C is for supplementing.
and which brands are good ive heard serious issues like vitamin C being allergenic, sourced from mold/fungus. do you prefer Quali C or what kind of vitamin C.
Unsure why you'd take that much vitamin A.

8 cups orange juice has 1g vitamin C.

1 : 2 : 4 egg : orange juice : 1% milk. Repeat as needed throughout day. If needing more salt, add 1 ounce liver. Full Peat mode.

Dr. B

Unsure why you'd take that much vitamin A.

8 cups orange juice has 1g vitamin C.

1 : 2 : 4 egg : orange juice : 1% milk. Repeat as needed throughout day. If needing more salt, add 1 ounce liver. Full Peat mode.
what do you mean? i was asking about vitamin C
why so many eggs and OJ?\
1% milk has added vitamin issues what if you use whole milk, A2, jersey cow, 100% grass fed etc

baccheion

what do you mean? i was asking about vitamin C
why so many eggs and OJ?\
1% milk has added vitamin issues what if you use whole milk, A2, jersey cow, 100% grass fed etc
Unsure why you'd take enough vitamin A to need the higher amount of vitamin C.

Dr. B

Unsure why you'd take enough vitamin A to need the higher amount of vitamin C.
just as a general thing. not just for vitamin A, was wondering if C is worth supplementing for thyroid/metabolic health or if it depletes copper too much. and the A would just be from like an ounce liver a day and from milk but idk of the C content in those things

PaRa

Calcium higher than 1g a day messes too much with the other minerals IMO

baccheion

just as a general thing. not just for vitamin A, was wondering if C is worth supplementing for thyroid/metabolic health or if it depletes copper too much. and the A would just be from like an ounce liver a day and from milk but idk of the C content in those things
Dunno..

golder

iron, magnesium and zinc mostly
We all get too much iron anyway no? Also zinc is usually very high for us folk that eat meat and shellfish? Guessing it’s wise to just to up the magnesium when increasing the calcium?

PaRa

We all get too much iron anyway no? Also zinc is usually very high for us folk that eat meat and shellfish? Guessing it’s wise to just to up the magnesium when increasing the calcium?
Maybe if you’re in the USA and pounding tons of iron fortified foods ED, if you’re not in the USA so you may not be iron overloaded (unless genetics)

zinc isn’t « very high » too unless you eat like 500g beef a day or oysters ED

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals