How Has A B-Complex RESTORED My Sex-drive/Libido?

redsun

If you ask me, the sex drive is of course from the pyridoxine. If you ask redsun, the vasodilation is of course from the folic acid. Regarding the lowered stress response, probably every single vitamin in that list will accomplish that directly or indirectly although B5 should raise cortisol somewhat.

I would concur but the folic acid content is just DV which can still have an effect depending on the individual but improved vasodilation is probably mostly the B2 which is very high here and B2 is extremely important for vasodilation as well.

Extra folic acid on top of whats already there may help even more because you have a crap ton of Bs in OPs B complex which will help utilize the folic acid properly which is crucial. B6 mostly likely increasing libido, spot on of course. B6 raising dopamine and histamine directly so no surprise. Depending on your personal riboflavin status you may not get this increased libido from B6 but again @Lokzo 's complex is very high in B2 so activating the B6 as needed is likely not an issue.

I would say though I am not a fan of these super high dose complexes, probably will use up certain minerals quickly and AAs possibly (increased histidine -> histamine, tyrosine -> catecholamines for example). It can work in the short term very well, we don't know for how long though.

I would concur but the folic acid content is just DV which can still have an effect depending on the individual but improved vasodilation is probably mostly the B2 which is very high here and B2 is extremely important for vasodilation as well.

Extra folic acid on top of whats already there may help even more because you have a crap ton of Bs in OPs B complex which will help utilize the folic acid properly which is crucial. B6 mostly likely increasing libido, spot on of course. B6 raising dopamine and histamine directly so no surprise. Depending on your personal riboflavin status you may not get this increased libido from B6 but again @Lokzo 's complex is very high in B2 so activating the B6 as needed is likely not an issue.

I would say though I am not a fan of these super high dose complexes, probably will use up certain minerals quickly and AAs possibly (increased histidine -> histamine, tyrosine -> catecholamines for example). It can work in the short term very well, we don't know for how long though.

Is riboflavin really such an effective vasodillator? Of course it impacts the blood in a number of ways but compared with the intense vasodillative powers of niacin (which is not in Lokzo's formula, but still), riboflavin feels like an underperformer. At least 200mg daily riboflavin is not impactful for me in that regard.

redsun

Is riboflavin really such an effective vasodillator? Of course it impacts the blood in a number of ways but compared with the intense vasodillative powers of niacin (which is not in Lokzo's formula, but still), riboflavin feels like an underperformer. At least 200mg daily riboflavin is not impactful for me in that regard.

We are talking about erections right? Yes alone it may not do much but taking B2 with lots of folic acid may be the missing link in your case. NOS synthase uses NADPH, FAD and FMN, heme (iron), BH4 (needs folic acid and vitamin C helps recycle). This is not just for erections, there can be more vasodilation in general. Folic acid helps raise histamine alone but works in another way through NOS. My case as I already had large arm veins from before and lost vascularity when I got unhealthy, that combo brought them back, easy as pie. Likely depleted of those two and repleting them remedied that.

Niacin is temporary unfortunately and its effects wane as histamine is depleted from continued use. Ironic though as I was a promoter of using niacin, but I believe now that niacinamide raises histamine like niacin but doesn't deplete it the same way. It is already known that niacinamide raises histamine. I think the niacin flush literally flushes the histamine out of you while niacinamide doesn't do that. Just a guess though.

We are talking about erections right? Yes alone it may not do much but taking B2 with lots of folic acid may be the missing link in your case. NOS synthase uses NADPH, FAD and FMN, heme (iron), BH4 (needs folic acid and vitamin C helps recycle). This is not just for erections, there can be more vasodilation in general. Folic acid helps raise histamine alone but works in another way through NOS. My case as I already had large arm veins from before and lost vascularity when I got unhealthy, that combo brought them back, easy as pie. Likely depleted of those two and repleting them remedied that.

Niacin is temporary unfortunately and its effects wane as histamine is depleted from continued use. Ironic though as I was a promoter of using niacin, but I believe now that niacinamide raises histamine like niacin but doesn't deplete it the same way. It is already known that niacinamide raises histamine. I think the niacin flush literally flushes the histamine out of you while niacinamide doesn't do that. Just a guess though.

Hm, I need to discuss this with you more in depth sometime. And get my hands on some oldskool folic acid in the meantime.

redsun

Hm, I need to discuss this with you more in depth sometime. And get my hands on some oldskool folic acid in the meantime.

Well NOS doesnt get much more in-depth if that's what you were talking about. FAD and FMN needs B2. NADPH needs certain Bs like B1, B3. Iron and arginine is needed of course.

800mcg 3x a day is a good start for the folic acid, if you were curious about doses.

As for niacinamide (nicotinamide): Excess nicotinamide increases plasma serotonin and histamine levels. - PubMed - NCBI

Spondive

None of the b vitamins increased my libido or function and I have tried them all in high and low doses.. in my case folate at 5 mg seemed to have the best and only effect but it was subtle

redsun

None of the b vitamins increased my libido or function and I have tried them all in high and low doses.. in my case folate at 5 mg seemed to have the best and only effect but it was subtle

Keep in mind Bs don't work alone, they work together with amino acids and minerals to exert an effect. So folate helps retain histidine but you need other Bs to utilize folic acid. To make histamine from histidine you need B6, but to activate it you need phosphorus, B2, zinc... etc. You see where I am going with this. B6 raises dopamine again B6 needs to be activated, you need tyrosine, but also vitamin C and BH4... There's a lot going on with just taking a B-complex. And just taking a B-complex may deplete certain amino acids, especially if protein in the diet is low or borderline low and Bs will also utilize minerals more. Nothing works alone.

Well NOS doesnt get much more in-depth if that's what you were talking about. FAD and FMN needs B2. NADPH needs certain Bs like B1, B3. Iron and arginine is needed of course.

800mcg 3x a day is a good start for the folic acid, if you were curious about doses.

As for niacinamide (nicotinamide): Excess nicotinamide increases plasma serotonin and histamine levels. - PubMed - NCBI

I guess I would like to read any resources you have on the difference in functions between folic acid and methylfolate.

redsun

I guess I would like to read any resources you have on the difference in functions between folic acid and methylfolate.

I used it based on Pfeiffer using it. Methylfolate also does not give me the same histamine raising effect which is purely subjective of course but regardless I recommend folic acid because that's what Pfeiffer used.

Frankdee20

Isn't 75mg from B-6 too risky?

See these links
http://www.efsa.europa.eu/sites/default/files/efsa_rep/blobserver_assets/ndatolerableuil.pdf
Are You Overdosing On Vitamin B6?!

Both seem to indicate the max intake for a day to be 25 mg, if you want to do without any side effects.

I have used the regular B6 in the past before at 50 and 75 MG doses, brief stints of course. I am currently using 100 MG the last few days, and have not seen any issues. My brain is so fried that it probably needs that much. I will cut it down though, but I think most nerve damage comes from 200 and up.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals