How good is ginger as a serotonin antagonist

Lostguy24

I know that ginger is a serotonin antagonist but how strong or potent is it because I’m having some high serotonin diarrhea and want to see if it is effective by any means

I've had it plenty and it's hit or miss for me. For consistent diarrhea something like Pepto might work better, or even progesterone and DHEA (in low doses of both).

Another option is to just wait it out ... I've had some fleeting issues of such but usually do not drastically alter anything unless it's not bound to improve over days.

But the root is often cheap to buy (since you only need like a few ounces for plenty of uses) and easy to just eat straight or maybe boil/make in to a "tea" of sorts.

I only notice diarrhea depending on what I eat ... It's never something that "just happens" out of nowhere, or rarely so. I'd also consider other antimicrobial stuff too, or quinones, or lapacho tea/etc. I'm not sure if fleeting diarrhea always indicates a serotonin "problem" as chronically high serotonin can just be haywire bowel movements or digestion altogether, not just diarrhea that's for one day only.

DMF

I know that ginger is a serotonin antagonist but how strong or potent is it because I’m having some high serotonin diarrhea and want to see if it is effective by any means
How does one know their diarrhea is high seratonin -
I'm wondering if my digestive issues are also a high seratonin thing...

OP
L

Lostguy24

I've had it plenty and it's hit or miss for me. For consistent diarrhea something like Pepto might work better, or even progesterone and DHEA (in low doses of both).

Another option is to just wait it out ... I've had some fleeting issues of such but usually do not drastically alter anything unless it's not bound to improve over days.

But the root is often cheap to buy (since you only need like a few ounces for plenty of uses) and easy to just eat straight or maybe boil/make in to a "tea" of sorts.

I only notice diarrhea depending on what I eat ... It's never something that "just happens" out of nowhere, or rarely so. I'd also consider other antimicrobial stuff too, or quinones, or lapacho tea/etc. I'm not sure if fleeting diarrhea always indicates a serotonin "problem" as chronically high serotonin can just be haywire bowel movements or digestion altogether, not just diarrhea that's for one day only.
But how affective is it still as a serotonin antagonist

Charger

It's very effective in my experience.

Mentally feels similar to ondansetron which, like ginger, is a 5-HT3 antagonist. Personally, ginger strongly lowers anxiety, fear, and pain due to inflammation.

OP
L

Lostguy24

It's very effective in my experience.

Mentally feels similar to ondansetron which, like ginger, is a 5-HT3 antagonist. Personally, ginger strongly lowers anxiety, fear, and pain due to inflammation.
But does it increase serotonin reuptake transporter or sert and what about 5ht2a

zenbox

I've been taking NOW brand ginger extract with good success and Metronidazole if that doesn't work.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals