How does Ray Peat make coffee?

Jasjeet

Hello there,

I am quite interested in finding out how Ray Peat makes his own coffee. I remember reading somewhere a while ago that he used a filter, but I can't remember where I read that and can't find any further details online or via the Forum (I did try searching).

Does anyone have any info on this based on interviews that he has done?

Many thanks

Comstock

I remember hearing he lets the grounds brew in a little cold water first, before adding hot water, but I don't remember the whole process.

You should be able to ask him live during his KMUD interviews. I think he'll be doing another one tonight, at 7 PT.
Here's how you can listen in. They'll mention the call in number during the show.

Herbie

I have heard him mention cafe con leche which is boiled milk with coffee and sugar (no water) he said a half pound of coffee doesn't last long, mentioned Folgers instant as well. Said he likes to have it with cream.

Arnold Grape

I have heard him mention cafe con leche which is boiled milk with coffee and sugar (no water) he said a half pound of coffee doesn't last long, mentioned Folgers instant as well. Said he likes to have it with cream.
Folgers?! Instant.

Herbie

Folgers?! Instant.

Actually I don't know now after searching it. But there is a reason Danny asked Ray about Folgers

DR: Do you use Folgers coffee? Is that what you like?

RP: No. There’s a guy in town who scorches his own beans. And it’s just whatever he has that tastes good.

Arnold Grape

Actually I don't know now after searching it. But there is a reason Danny asked Ray about Folgers

DR: Do you use Folgers coffee? Is that what you like?

RP: No. There’s a guy in town who scorches his own beans. And it’s just whatever he has that tastes good.
This is the more acceptable answer to me lol.