How does one avoid cellular tissue hypoxia ?

GorillaHead

Reading about how hypoxia and cancers has got me interested in ways to avoid oxygen deprivation to the tissues. What are ways or nutrients that essential to avoiding lack of oxygen which in turn reprograms mitochondria ?

LLight

The association of adrenaline and EPO with both edema elimination (Fig. 2) and improved cellular oxygenation raises the question of whether edema elimination and improved cellular oxygenation are causally linked. This question is apparently of paramount therapeutic importance.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Interesting. very interesting. I know personally when I supplemented iron once I would get dehydrated easily

LLight

CFS is a disease of water homeostasis it seems. They have low vasopressin but tend to retain water (so cellular edema) if I remember correctly.

They also have low manganese in their tissues. Manganese is used by an enzyme (MnSOD) that detoxifies ROS in the mitochondria.

Water restriction/lowered edema might increase ROS.

Could water retention be a consequence of a lack of manganese? The body would retain water such that metabolism is not increased and ROS is not created (or not as much as with normal metabolism). Hypoxia would be a consequence more than a cause.

LLight

The dysfunction of metabolic controlling of cell hydration precedes Warburg phenomenon in carcinogenesis

"At present, cancer is one of the major causes of death worldwide. However, the detailed mechanism of carcinogenesis is not clear yet.

More than 80 years ago Nobel Prize laureate Warburg pointed out that in cancerous cell the loss of oxidative capacity of mitochondria and the glycolytic metabolism shift relative to oxidative phosphorylation as O2 could not reach to mitochondria [1]. However, the nature of the
primary mechanism leading to generation of Warburg phenomenon has not been elucidated yet.

In 1971 the second revolutionary discovery was made in cancer research by Raymond Damadian, who elucidated that cancerous cell is markedly overhydrated and can be much as 90% water while in norm it can be 70-73%. “Magnetic Resonance” method [2] of detection of cell over hydration suggested by him which serves as an early tumor detection diagnostic method at present has a worldwide clinical usage.
It is established that cell swelling triggers its proliferation, while cell shrinkage promotes its apoptosis [3-6]. Cell hydration causes not only the promotion of cell division and oncogene expression but also inactivates genes inducing cell apoptosis [7]. On the basis of these data cell over hydration was suggested as a primary messenger in carcinogenesis [3,7]. However, the nature of metabolic mechanism the dysfunction of which causes over hydration in cancer cells as well as the link between cell over hydration and Warburg phenomenon are also not elucidated yet. Therefore, it is suggested that the discovery of intracellular signaling pathway through which the correlation between cell hydration and mitochondrial function is realized could be one of the key problems of modern cancer research."

Perry Staltic

Habitual aerobic exercise induces vascular remodeling that promotes oxygenation of tissues. Doesn't have to be a lot, but it does have to be habitual. Increase as you feel benefit, but always do the baseline.

mostlylurking

Reading about how hypoxia and cancers has got me interested in ways to avoid oxygen deprivation to the tissues. What are ways or nutrients that essential to avoiding lack of oxygen which in turn reprograms mitochondria ?
For your consideration:

"...mild to moderate TD results in pseudo hypoxia in the limbic system and brainstem...."

Elast1c

For your consideration:

"...mild to moderate TD results in pseudo hypoxia in the limbic system and brainstem...."
Nice

mostlylurking

On the basis of these data cell over hydration was suggested as a primary messenger in carcinogenesis [
Consider this possible connection:

biochemistry

• Thiamine is a co-factor in numerous enzymatic reactions involved in energy metabolism, as shown below. Thiamine deficiency has consequences including the following:
    • (1) Accumulation of lactate
    • (2) Excess production of glutamate, which may lead to excessive excitatory neurotransmission in the brain
  • This can cause vasogenic and cytotoxic edema.

wernickepath.jpg

also there's a correlation between thiamine deficiency and cancer:

There have been studies that show that low dose thiamine supplementation may increase cancer growth whereas high dose thiamine supplementation suppresses cancer.

A.R

Consider this possible connection:

biochemistry

• Thiamine is a co-factor in numerous enzymatic reactions involved in energy metabolism, as shown below. Thiamine deficiency has consequences including the following:
    • (1) Accumulation of lactate
    • (2) Excess production of glutamate, which may lead to excessive excitatory neurotransmission in the brain
  • This can cause vasogenic and cytotoxic edema.

wernickepath.jpg

also there's a correlation between thiamine deficiency and cancer:

There have been studies that show that low dose thiamine supplementation may increase cancer growth whereas high dose thiamine supplementation suppresses cancer.

Interesting. Would you know what was the actual low dose of thiamine which increases cancer growth ?

mostlylurking

Interesting. Would you know what was the actual low dose of thiamine which increases cancer growth ?
I can't find the study I was remembering, but I did find this article:

I found the article finally:
"In 2001, Comin-Anduix et al. evaluated the effect of increasing thiamine supplementation in multiples of the RDI on an Ehrlich ascites tumor-mouse model [58]. Their findings indicated a statistically significant stimulatory effect of thiamine supplementation on tumor growth compared to non-supplemented controls. Moderate doses of 12.5 to 37.5 times the RDI had the greatest stimulatory effect, peaking at approximately 250% greater tumor cell proliferation with 25 times the RDI. Interestingly, at values above 75 times the RDI, no change was found in tumor cell proliferation, and a slight decrease was found at 2,500 times the RDI. This observation suggests that there is a specific range in which thiamine supports proliferation."

RDI for thiamine: Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) - StatPearls - NCBI Bookshelf
"The recommended daily intake (RDI) for adults over age eighteen is 1.2 mg/day for men and 1.1 mg/day for women. For children, adequate intake levels are lower. Women of any age who are pregnant should increase their daily intake of thiamin to 1.4 mg/day."

A.R

I can't find the study I was remembering, but I did find this article:

I found the article finally:
"In 2001, Comin-Anduix et al. evaluated the effect of increasing thiamine supplementation in multiples of the RDI on an Ehrlich ascites tumor-mouse model [58]. Their findings indicated a statistically significant stimulatory effect of thiamine supplementation on tumor growth compared to non-supplemented controls. Moderate doses of 12.5 to 37.5 times the RDI had the greatest stimulatory effect, peaking at approximately 250% greater tumor cell proliferation with 25 times the RDI. Interestingly, at values above 75 times the RDI, no change was found in tumor cell proliferation, and a slight decrease was found at 2,500 times the RDI. This observation suggests that there is a specific range in which thiamine supports proliferation."

RDI for thiamine: Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) - StatPearls - NCBI Bookshelf
"The recommended daily intake (RDI) for adults over age eighteen is 1.2 mg/day for men and 1.1 mg/day for women. For children, adequate intake levels are lower. Women of any age who are pregnant should increase their daily intake of thiamin to 1.4 mg/day."
“Interestingly, at values above 75 times the RDI, no change was found in tumor cell proliferation”

“The recommended daily intake (RDI) for adults over age eighteen is 1.2 mg/day for men and 1.1 mg/day for women”

So 75 x 1.2 = 90

So by my calculations, if a person stays above 90mg thiamine, they are safe from the cancer effects. Did I work that out properly?

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

doesn’t thiamine also reduce iron ?

here is what I am thinking is a good solution to keep oxygenation high. 5mg of a safe iron supplement daily. 2.5mg of Copper. 500mg of thiamine. 100mg of riboflsvin and 1 gram of myoinositol and vitamin E to counteract iron oxidation and overload

mostlylurking

“Interestingly, at values above 75 times the RDI, no change was found in tumor cell proliferation”

“The recommended daily intake (RDI) for adults over age eighteen is 1.2 mg/day for men and 1.1 mg/day for women”

So 75 x 1.2 = 90

So by my calculations, if a person stays above 90mg thiamine, they are safe from the cancer effects. Did I work that out properly?
yes. But that may not be enough for your needs, it could be though. Lots of variables.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals