How does Methylene Blue compare to other MAO Inhibitors?

best Mao inhibitor

• parnate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • selegeline

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • marpan

• Nardil

• Methylene Blue

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Kavie

I am convinced that MAO inhibitors are by far the most effective treatment for depression. Are there any studies including MB to compare results. I would like to try Parnate but it is super expensive and probably not even available in Guatemala. have you personally tried different Mao inhibitors and which has been the best for you?

PeskyPeater

I think its better to use niacinamide before using MAO-A or mixed inhibitors. because B3 will act as [edit: oops, methylation degradator] being able to reduce the methylation pool and increased usage of betaine as a methyl donator. In doing so and shifting stess hormones like serotonin and norepinephrine towards MAO and other pathways to be broken down. This increases the enzymes of MOA and practically making you to be better in breaking down serotonin. After that has been reached, you could use MOA inhibitors more safely :)

edit: i tried methylene blue, it was warming and stabilizing and uplifting. I tried 9-MBC it was very awesome.
I tried N. Jatamansi, it was uplifting.

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
I am convinced that MAO inhibitors are by far the most effective treatment for depression. Are there any studies including MB to compare results. I would like to try Parnate but it is super expensive and probably not even available in Guatemala. have you personally tried different Mao inhibitors and which has been the best for you?
I think MB is pretty awesome. It hits many problems of depression all at once. It improves ATP production, lower excess NO, powerfully lowers inflammation, thus reducing the activity of the kynurenine pathway, increases NAD, etc.
By inhibiting MOA it increases both serotonin and dopamine.
Typical doses used for depression is 15mg daily.

golder

I think MB is pretty awesome. It hits many problems of depression all at once. It improves ATP production, lower excess NO, powerfully lowers inflammation, thus reducing the activity of the kynurenine pathway, increases NAD, etc.
At what dosage would you be a bit concerned if you were intending on having large amount of sun exposure on that day Hans? I know Ray spoke about mixing sunlight and MB quite unfavorably in the last Generative Energy podcast with Danny and Georgi.

Hans

Forum Supporter
At what dosage would you be a bit concerned if you were intending on having large amount of sun exposure on that day Hans? I know Ray spoke about mixing sunlight and MB quite unfavorably in the last Generative Energy podcast with Danny and Georgi.
Yes, I'm not sure what the long term consequence would be, but in the short term there appears to be no sides. Perhaps stick to 5mg and only take it around the time the sun goes down. It might be out of your system more or less.

golder

Yes, I'm not sure what the long term consequence would be, but in the short term there appears to be no sides. Perhaps stick to 5mg and only take it around the time the sun goes down. It might be out of your system more or less.
Thank you, fellow sunlight-samurai!

OP
Kavie

Kavie

I think its better to use niacinamide before using MAO-A or mixed inhibitors. because B3 will act as [edit: oops, methylation degradator] being able to reduce the methylation pool and increased usage of betaine as a methyl donator. In doing so and shifting stess hormones like serotonin and norepinephrine towards MAO and other pathways to be broken down. This increases the enzymes of MOA and practically making you to be better in breaking down serotonin. After that has been reached, you could use MOA inhibitors more safely :)

edit: i tried methylene blue, it was warming and stabilizing and uplifting. I tried 9-MBC it was very awesome.
I tried N. Jatamansi, it was uplifting.
Thank you for the advice! I have been using niacin 1000 mg x 2 or 3 times per day for several months. I cant say II notice much from it except the flushing of course. What dose of MB did you find helpful? And what is 9-
MBC like?

OP
Kavie

Kavie

Thank you Hans! Could I start right out at 15 mg? And how soon until I notice some benefits? :):

OP
Kavie

Kavie

Thank you Hans! Could I start right out at 15 mg? And how soon until I notice some benefits? :):
I have been taking 1 mg twice a day but don't notice any changes.

PeskyPeater

Thank you for the advice! I have been using niacin 1000 mg x 2 or 3 times per day for several months. I cant say II notice much from it except the flushing of course. What dose of MB did you find helpful? And what is 9-
MBC like?
jjjeah that's too much niacin if you ask me :) I think the flushing is caused by it increasing and releasing prostaglandin. Wouldn't you think you could use aspirin to reduce prostaglandin or use nicotinamide instead?

I found MB is very effective at ~0.5 mg / kg bodyweight

9-MBC is like you feel amazingly good and that life is super great and have energy to do your stuff.

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
Yes you can definitely start with 15mg. Try that for 2 weeks and then decide if you want to up or down the dose. You can always start lower to see how well you respond. Like 5mg for 2 weeks, then 10mg for 2 weeks, etc.

Ben.

What would you think would be a reasonable explanation for MB actually provoking/increasing inflammation in a individual?

Perhaps due to disrupting biofilms? Increased serotonin?

Hans

Forum Supporter
What would you think would be a reasonable explanation for MB actually provoking/increasing inflammation in a individual?

Perhaps due to disrupting biofilms? Increased serotonin?
Too much reduction perhaps? Not sure. How much were you taking? Were you also getting lots of sun during that time?

K

Kaur Singh

MBC like?
niacinAMIDE is what people use around here...
no flushing, no histamine release, etc

Ben.

Too much reduction perhaps? Not sure. How much were you taking? Were you also getting lots of sun during that time?

Between 5-10mg for a maybe half a week or a week and before that maybe 800mcg slowly building up to 2mg. Its still winter here so not much sun to be had and im mostly indoors.

My guess would be serotonin due MAO-A inhibition, some dormant pathogen activated by disrupting biofilm due to its antimicrobial characteristic/messing up the microbiome or the improvement of cellular energy led to the immunesystem becoming more active and hence reacts with inflammation to certain locations to deal with a "problem".

But obviously im just speculating/thinking out loud here. Another forum member mentioned just yday i think in a new thread that MB makes cold sores appear/pop up on the lips. Kinda odd.