How does hot weather affect you?

Bluebell

We are having a heat wave here in the UK.

Does really hot weather mask hypothyroid symptoms? Are hypothyroid people still cold to the touch in hot weather?

I am feeling really good at the moment and hot of course, not quite sure if that's the effect of all the Peat-changes I've been making, or whether the hot weather is improving my thyroid function maybe.

SheilaHelm1

I'm lovin' this hot weather, I not normally good at sweating but this is awesome, feeling kinda cleansed ha ha.
Sooo tired though, been sleeping even more than normal.x

Jenn

My liver likes 80-85* F. I wear a jacket in air conditioned buildings. Too hot and I can't maintain body temperature, gets too high, then it crashes to way low when I cool down again. Coconut water can significantly help dealing with heat tress, more than OJ. Annoying really, because it cost so much more.

jaa

That's interesting Jenn. I spent a 3 day weekend outside all day in 25C+ temps (hot where I live), then the temps dropped by about 10C over the next few days and I was the coldest I've been in recent memory and had no idea why. I was even too cold to give blood.

OP
Bluebell

Bluebell

SheilaHelm1 said:
I'm lovin' this hot weather, I not normally good at sweating but this is awesome, feeling kinda cleansed ha ha.
Sooo tired though, been sleeping even more than normal.x

It's great isn't it. I'm sleeping less for some reason, but feeling really good.

I don't know if it's my thyroid kicking back in (definitely some of that), or if my body just likes being heated up.

Will be interesting to see how I feel in the depths of winter, if my hands are warm.

Jenn, interesting, that your liver likes it hot! (how do you know, by the way?) It seems much of the body organs and systems need a high enough temp to work optimally (but not too hot of course).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals