How does everyone clean their fruit?

stressless

For those of you who buy fruit from the grocery store, how do you clean your fruit to get rid of as much of the surface chemicals/dirt as possible?

3apples555

I use Dr Bronzer’s Castile unscented soap, mix it into a lather with water and wash the fruit in my hands. For small grapes or cherries I put them on the counter and roll them in the soapy water. Then rinse all with cold water.

Gânico

Grocery store fruits are horrific, unripe and sprayed with only God knows chemicals, i'd rather not eat it at all, but soaking and washing them with baking soda seems to help to some extent

OP
S

stressless

Grocery store fruits are horrific, unripe and sprayed with only God knows chemicals, i'd rather not eat it at all, but soaking and washing them with baking soda seems to help to some extent
I know ?‍♀️ It's definitely a goal of mine to grow my own someday. Where do you buy fruit? Or do you grow it yourself?

3apples555

View attachment 35137
Is this it? Baby Unscented - Pure-Castile Bar Soap

Have you ever tasted any soap residue after using this?
unscented.png
Yes, but not the bar soap, (although it would probably work) I use the liquid. You can buy a travel size that will last a long time. It lathers well so you only need a few drops. It rinses cleanly and leaves no residue nor taste.

Jennifer

For those of you who buy fruit from the grocery store, how do you clean your fruit to get rid of as much of the surface chemicals/dirt as possible?

I use a mix of baking soda and apple cider vinegar.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I put them in the dishwasher inside a fruit washing basket with some vinegar.
Then I rinse them well under running water in a large bowl.

I wash things like apples with a gentle organic soap, rinse, and then after that, I spray it with white vinegar and let it sit for a minute. Then I wash it off with water. White vinegar is great to clean produce. Just be sure to rinse it afterwards.

I buy organic and just use water. I eat mostly organic frozen fruit and for fresh I eat organic watermelon and oranges and regular mangos. These fruits don’t need to be washed anyways.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I buy organic and just use water. I eat mostly organic frozen fruit and for fresh I eat organic watermelon and oranges and regular mangos. These fruits don’t need to be washed anyways.
I'd wash them or rinse them quick. People handle them and there will be a very small risk of driving in germs that are on the surface into the edible parts when pierced with a knife, finger, etc...

I'd wash them or rinse them quick. People handle them and there will be a very small risk of driving in germs that are on the surface into the edible parts when pierced with a knife, finger, etc...
Good idea. I thought peeling the mangos would be enough, but the watermelon I didn’t think of that. Thanks.

“Hold the fruit or vegetable under flowing water in a strainer. This removes more pesticide than dunking the produce.

The FDA does not recommend washing fruits and vegetables with soap, detergent, or commercial produce wash. They have not been proven to be any more effective than water alone.

No washing method is 100% effective for removing all pesticide residues.”

“In addition, not all pesticide residues can simply be washed off. Some pesticides, called systemic pesticides, are absorbed into the plant.

For produce treated with systemic pesticides, no amount of washing will significantly reduce residues. It’s IN the food, not ON it.”

Hydrogen Peroxide 3% sprayed on the produce. Let sit, and then rinse off a little later.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals