How Does Everybody Take Their Coffee?

marcar72

Here lately I've been using NesCafe Clasico Dark Roast instant coffee. What I've been doing is stirring two rounded tablespoons of it into a pint of 1% milk with some added sugar. Tastes like a coffee shop drink and easy to fix.

OP
J

Jsaute21

Does anybody feel off when they start their day with coffee before a meal? Did this today as i wake up early and am on the go, and feel very off this morning.

OP
J

Jsaute21

Stress hormones, I couldn't drink coffee first thing on a morning without a big meal and not feel terrible.

Yeah, its interesting as i have definitely improved my health but obviously not enough to handle it. Kind of was a good barometer for me. Anybody have some good on the go recipes for breakfast? I wake up at 530 AM so i am not famished by any means generally.

schultz

Currently: 2 cups of milk, 10g of instant nescafe tasters choice, 2 tbsp sugar.

I drink 4 of these a day on average, which is apparently 80%+ magnesium.

I used to use coffee beans and an aeropress: 1.5 cups of milk, 1/2 cup water, 45g of coffee beans, 2 tbsp sugar.

I recently retried the aeropress and coffee bean method and didn't like the flavour as much as the instant coffee (specifically the tasters choice, other instant sucks)

Oh and I use a milk warmer/frother or heat milk up and use a whisk.

For the most part I dislike regular coffee now, which is weird because I used to be obsessed. I used to buy green beans and roast them myself and all that... now I drink instant coffee like a plebeian.

I visited a coffee plantation in Kona and they had some pretty good coffee. Even black it was excellent.

Recently I heard a thing on CBC radio about cold brewed coffee and was thinking about trying that since the weather is warmer. Does anybody have any experience with cold brewed coffee?

jitsmonkey

Does anybody feel off when they start their day with coffee before a meal? Did this today as i wake up early and am on the go, and feel very off this morning.

Any metabolic stimulator requires fuel.
Coffee is no different. No fuel = No bueno

Queequeg

like I like my women (or men for the ladies)
dark, smoking hot and handpicked from a third world country

Queequeg

Currently: 2 cups of milk, 10g of instant nescafe tasters choice, 2 tbsp sugar.

I drink 4 of these a day on average, which is apparently 80%+ magnesium.

I used to use coffee beans and an aeropress: 1.5 cups of milk, 1/2 cup water, 45g of coffee beans, 2 tbsp sugar.

I recently retried the aeropress and coffee bean method and didn't like the flavour as much as the instant coffee (specifically the tasters choice, other instant sucks)

Oh and I use a milk warmer/frother or heat milk up and use a whisk.

For the most part I dislike regular coffee now, which is weird because I used to be obsessed. I used to buy green beans and roast them myself and all that... now I drink instant coffee like a plebeian.

I visited a coffee plantation in Kona and they had some pretty good coffee. Even black it was excellent.

Recently I heard a thing on CBC radio about cold brewed coffee and was thinking about trying that since the weather is warmer. Does anybody have any experience with cold brewed coffee?
wow i am doing this exact same thing by coincidence!
2 cups of skim milk + 2 tablespoons of nescafe tasters choice instant coffee + 2 tablespoons of cane sugar
I have this 3 times throughout the day
I think nescafe tasters choice has 200 mg of caffeine/tbsp, so im getting close to 1200 mg of caffeine.

Sometimes i add a tablespoon of beef gelatin powder or a tablespoon of chocolate whey protein. High in protein and caffeine, very convenient.

Can

Sometimes I drink it without additives (if I drink it right after a meal, or with chocolate). Otherwise I add a bit of honey & coconut oil or (salted) butter - simple and tastes amazingly good.

I rarely consume milk atm, but would add that as well if I had it.