How does Androsterone compare to Anastrozole as an AI?

K2000

Hi, I'm on testosterone and have high estrogen. I've been recommended 0.125mg of Anastrozole, twice a week, as an AI, but was wondering how Androsterone compares. I'm not on Hcg and also take 25mg of DHEA a day

Markus

Androsterone is not nearly as strong as Anastrozole. First of all I would drop the DHEA, 25 mg a day is likely to be a significant contributor. If problems consist after dropping the DHEA, I would try 12,5 mg Aromasin/Exemestane 1-2 a week but make sure to get labs within 2-4 weeks of starting therapy so that you don't tank your estrogen.

K2000

Androsterone is not nearly as strong as Anastrozole. First of all I would drop the DHEA, 25 mg a day is likely to be a significant contributor. If problems consist after dropping the DHEA, I would try 12,5 mg Aromasin/Exemestane 1-2 a week but make sure to get labs within 2-4 weeks of starting therapy so that you don't tank your estrogen.
Thanks for the reply. Must admit, splitting the Anastrozole tablets into 1/8 is quite tricky. Would you recommend Aromasin over Anastrozole? My recent labs are here, in case that helps: New photo by Ken Applegate

James b

Thanks for the reply. Must admit, splitting the Anastrozole tablets into 1/8 is quite tricky. Would you recommend Aromasin over Anastrozole? My recent labs are here, in case that helps: New photo by Ken Applegate
Was thinking about using medichecks myself as I’m in the UK. Thanks for this. Would you recommend the service, or would you recommend a different panel than the one you done or a different company altogether in hindsight? Cheers!

Hans

Get that prolactin down. DHEA is actually on the low end, but 25mg is a little overkill. DHEA goes to estrone, which you didn't check.
I'd definitely try either andro or Aromasin.

Have you checked anything else as well?

K2000

Was thinking about using medichecks myself as I’m in the UK. Thanks for this. Would you recommend the service, or would you recommend a different panel than the one you done or a different company altogether in hindsight? Cheers!
Hi James, I think Medichecks are as good as any other, I've certainly been happy with them. They seem pretty reliable, the only thing is I've done the blood draw myself, rather than opt for the finger prick test. Worth signing up for their newsletter as you can often get 20% off vouchers.

K2000

Get that prolactin down. DHEA is actually on the low end, but 25mg is a little overkill. DHEA goes to estrone, which you didn't check.
I'd definitely try either andro or Aromasin.

Have you checked anything else as well?
Thanks Hans, I appreciate the input! That's the only labs I've got since starting exogenous T.

James b

Thanks Hans, I appreciate the input! That's the only labs I've got since starting exogenous T.
Cheers for the medichecks reply mate. Can you let us know your rats exogenous T protocol to make more sense of your labs.

K2000

Cheers for the medichecks reply mate. Can you let us know your rats exogenous T protocol to make more sense of your labs.
Sure, I'm on 50mg injected twice a week and then 0.125mg Anastrozole, also twice a week.

Must admit that after 4 months, I don't haven't really noticed any significant benefits.

Last edited:

James b

Sure, I'm on 50mg injected twice a week and then 0.125mg Anastrozole, also twice a week.

Must admit that after 4 months, I don't haven't really noticed any significant benefits.
Any reason you don't up the dose, given that your LH and FSH seem to be suppressed even on your low dose with seemingly little benefit?

K2000

Any reason you don't up the dose, given that your LH and FSH seem to be suppressed even on your low dose with seemingly little benefit?
I was going to give it a couple more months. My thoughts are that I've not quite dialled in my protocol, yet.

Markus

I was going to give it a couple more months. My thoughts are that I've not quite dialled in my protocol, yet.
Yes, I would recommend Aromasin over Anastrozole. Most people tolerate Aromasin better from my experience.

Like Hans said, I think your elevated prolactin can be an issue. Sure, your test could maybe be a little bit higher by bumping the dose to 125 mg a week split into 2x62,5 mg injections, but you will probably feel better with lower prolactin.

Hans has many great articles on his website on how to increase dopamine and lower prolactin:

K2000

Yes, I would recommend Aromasin over Anastrozole. Most people tolerate Aromasin better from my experience.

Like Hans said, I think your elevated prolactin can be an issue. Sure, your test could maybe be a little bit higher by bumping the dose to 125 mg a week split into 2x62,5 mg injections, but you will probably feel better with lower prolactin.

Hans has many great articles on his website on how to increase dopamine and lower prolactin:

Thanks for the reply, really useful. Will look into my prolactin levels.