How Do You Think About This? 'How To Take Niacin Without Getting Diabetes'

Hgreen56

after some searching here i read that everybody here thats uses niacin or niacinamide, use it with meals and spread out over the day.

then i came across this video, not sure what to think about this.

@haidut?

artemis

This is interesting. Who knew that taking niacin could cause diabetes? Is that a thing? I wonder if it could have caused mine ... I was taking niacinamide, and gave no thought to what I ate or when. I'm sure I often consumed carbs after taking it.

Thanks for posting this. I'm going to look into it further.

YourUniverse

Ray has written that diabetics have a universal or near-universal niacin deficiency, putting them in a fat burning metabolism so classically causal to degeneration.

tankasnowgod

after some searching here i read that everybody here thats uses niacin or niacinamide, use it with meals and spread out over the day.

then i came across this video, not sure what to think about this.

@haidut?

Well, the best thing you can do is dig into the resources. I have never heard that idea that niacin, in any form, causes diabetes. Apparently, it comes from this Meta-Analysis-

Niacin Therapy and the Risk of New-Onset Diabetes: A Meta-Analysis of Randomised Controlled Trials - PubMed

Apparently, if 13,121 people take niacin over three and a half years, and 12,396 of those people DON'T develop diabetes, well, then that's proof that niacin causes diabetes! Never mind that fact it was a similar amount of people to the control group. But you can read the meta-analysis and see how they spin the fact that a 79 person difference over three and a half years out of a total group of over 26,000 people is supposedly a scathing indictment.

Well, the best thing you can do is dig into the resources. I have never heard that idea that niacin, in any form, causes diabetes. Apparently, it comes from this Meta-Analysis-

Niacin Therapy and the Risk of New-Onset Diabetes: A Meta-Analysis of Randomised Controlled Trials - PubMed

Apparently, if 13,121 people take niacin over three and a half years, and 12,396 of those people DON'T develop diabetes, well, then that's proof that niacin causes diabetes! Never mind that fact it was a similar amount of people to the control group. But you can read the meta-analysis and see how they spin the fact that a 79 person difference over three and a half years out of a total group of over 26,000 people is supposedly a scathing indictment.

thank you @tankasnowgod for your helpful excellent analysis. Always appreciated.

ddjd

i thought niacinamide prevents diabetes or even better can reverse it...im sure haidut has written about this.

i could understand how regular flushing niacin perhaps could induce diabetes however

ddjd

it significantly reduces your bodies ability to metabolise carbs and increases fat metabolism- pretty much definition of diabetes from a peat perspective

whereas niacinamde blocks fat metabolsm and encourages carb metabolism which is why its great for people with diabetes

JohnHafterson

I'm a Type 1 diabetic if I take on empty stomach without insulin Ill get a blood sugar spike likely from ffa alteration, growth hormone, cortisol bump.

I'll jump from a blood sugar of 100 mg/dl up to 180 mg/d on a fasted 500 mg niacin dose.

If I take after finishing meal blood sugar spike delayed by a couple of hours and not as pronounced.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals