How do you start your day?

BingDing

My norm is coffee with cream and sugar for a couple hours, then milk/oj/gelatin, and then supplements at some point. Am I missing anything? Is anything best on an empty stomach? Should I supplement earlier (A, D, E, K, selenium, pregnenolone, salt, aspirin)? Eat food before coffee? Any thoughts/advice appreciated.

TIA

kettlebell

Immediately 500ml of OJ with Gelatin and some salt.

I brew a coffee whilst making my omelette (2 whole eggs + two egg yolks) with plenty of salt and cheese added. I eat a slice of Melon, then eat my omelette, drink my coffee (With 5-6 added table sugar) and then have 500ml milk and Aspirin + thyroid.

kettlebell

First thing is to reduce the stress hormones and kick start the metabolism hence the sugar in the form of OJ, salt to suppress any adrenaline and serotonin, gelatin for a quick protein fix before breakfast.

A good milky coffee with sugar and cream in it has all three bases covered (Fat,protein,sugar) so is fine on its own, before or whilst eating shouldn't be a problem. But I would get some salt in on rising with the sugar.

All of the above I have consumed within an hour of rising, the OJ, salt and gelatin within a couple of minutes of getting out of bed haha.

gabriel79

I squeeze 2 oranges and drink it with a bit of salt. Then, 2 slices of low-fat cheese topped with abundant honey which I down with a sugared coffee with some gelatin in it. With that, I´m done for a couple of hours.

OP
BingDing

BingDing

Cool, thanks so much.

D in the morning is worth a try, anything that might help with sleep is worth a try. There doesn't seem to be any reason not to get the protection of E early in the day, along with aspirin.

Once again, KB, makes a lot of sense. Gabriel79 is similar, y'all must be on to something! I'll start tomorrow.

gretchen

I have a protein/carb/fat meal first thing- just milk and coconut oil, or milk, OJ + CO, or string cheese with juice etc. Then I make coffee and have an aspirin. Today I decided I would get sunlight to shut off the melatonin so I sat with the curtains open for 5-10 minutes. I took my pulse about an hour ago and it was up to 80.

Ray-Z

Within a few minutes of awakening, I do 2-3 tablespoons of sugar and some OJ, some baking soda, then a tablespoon of coconut oil, followed by the fat-soluble vitamins (E, D, A, K) and some T3 (I'm badly hypothyroid). I take 2-4 aspirin with the OJ. Breakfast (with protein, sugar, fat, and caffeine) follows around 10-20 minutes later.

For me, the key to feeling good in the a.m. is to get adequate amounts of sodium, magnesium, sugar, and thyroid, while consuming relatively small amounts of liquid.

Ray-Z

I also like to do something to calm/settle my brain in the a.m. before I start work -- meditation, a quiet walk, etc.

OP
BingDing

BingDing

Thanks gretchen, Ray-Z. I thought about the coconut oil, it stimulates metabolism. I once had a tbsp of CO only, first thing. That wasn't so hot. Looking forward to the morning!

John Eels

I start my day with the following meal. I blend two raw eggs, with some glucose, and Great Lakes Gelatin and sprinkle some lemon juice. That's my breakfast. As of right now I exclude milk and OJ.

OP
BingDing

BingDing

Well, this was a positive experiment. I seem to have settled on 1 tsp salt in water, slug that down, then 1/2 cup of oj and 1/2 cup milk together, 1 tbsp CO, A, D, E, K. Gelatin didn't feel right. It is kind of surprising to go from sleepy fog to wide awake in two minutes. I had no idea a body could do that.

J Eels, I might try your breakfast one day. Maybe, LOL. D3 early didn't seem to make much difference, and I was pretty optimistic. 5,000 IUs, around 7 and between 7-8. I dunno.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

cliff

Usually have milk with chocolate syrup/instant coffee/salt and b6, b3, b1. If I'm gonna surf I'll drink some OJ/milk and then have the milk mixture right before I paddle out.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Cliff, how much B6?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Kewl thanks!

gretchen

Now I'm having the coconut oil and waiting an hour to get the AS (appetite suppressant) effect. After an hour, I have cheese, OJ, coffee, salt, aspirin, etc.