How Do You Prepare To Fly On An Airline?

My understanding is that flying puts us in an environment that afflicts us with gamma radiation.

Gamma radiation damages tissues directly and immediately causing oxidative damage/free radical release. I assume this falls under the umbrella term, "stress" that is often used on this forum.

Dr. Joseph Mercola recommends fasting before flight as a fasted state gives the body the greatest antioxidant capacity to prevent the aforementioned oxidative damage.

When enacting the dietary version of, "no pain, no gain" as keto and carnivore in the past, I always made a point to fly fasted under this recommendation by Mercola as it seemed to make the most sense. If you've no food to digest, then the body can redirect that energy towards the immunity. Fasting is known to cure every disease except tuberculosis, so continues the rationale of fasting while flying.

As I'm writing this now I'm in midair. My diet averages 200-300g of carbohydrate compared to past flights in which I was dieting on 30g of carbohydrate with the energy being replaced by fat, mostly as meat, nuts, and raw cheese.

Compared to past experiences, this time my extremities aren't cold, my ears didn't pop much on the ascension to altitude, my thoughts can be calmed on my command, and most importantly I can remember to breathe.

Lol, I used to hit black coffee in between connecting flights to get my adrenals to numb the experience and bring back some sense of groundedness... Like an internal novacaine, treating my adrenals like some sort of endogenous drug dealer. Cringe.

Anyways, now I don't have much of a strategy for flying other than eating fruit before and throughout... And basically just maintaining carbohydrates throughout the day as it's tenable. Also for whatever that's worth, Atom Bergstrom says that we should fly in an acidic state.

+What do you guys do for airline flights? Do you have any rituals, lifestyle or dietary prerequisites, etc?

Beastmode

Anything that can block out the crap light, noise, etc. Basically, some kind of blueblockers and ear plugs can do wonders. I haven't tried it yet, but I plan doing some periodical bag breathing throughout the flights to keep my CO2 up.

Peater

Honestly? I drink whisky at whatever time of day it is, and hope for the best.

OP
Twohandsondeck
Anything that can block out the crap light, noise, etc. Basically, some kind of blueblockers

Yeah I think blue blockers are a bit tacky for regular evening public outings but they really do wonders for sleep quality. 99% of people are missing out imo

Haha a little internal pessimism for some external optimism. Respectable.

Cirion

Not the worst idea. I got bumped to first class one flight and it was the most pleasant flight I ever had as I had a couple of cranberry vodkas.... lol.

I read somewhere that pantothenic acid( vitamin B5) is good against radiation poisoning, so it may work against gamma radiation.

Methylene blue can keep your energy production high, and, combined with thiamine, it can make you need less breathing due to increased CO2 retention. This would be very useful, considering that the air inside an airplane may contain strange chemicals.

I second the suggestion to use orange glasses. You don't need to use those wide ones, you can use one that is similar to Dave Asprey's.

Also, using a calcium channel blocker, such as cyproheptadine, can decrease the damage from the EMFs from people's cell phones, or computers or from the airplane itself.

I travel pretty frequently. I’m about to go to USA from Europe (tomorrow in fact).

I take pregnenolone, progesterone, DHEA, K2 MK4 as always.

I don’t drink alcohol ever so that isn’t an option.

I do like the idea of orange glasses but it’s too late for my flight. Cyproheptadine is a bad idea as it affects my ability of the sinuses to adjust to descent. I never take an antihistamine when I’m flying.

Tarmander

I mentally prepare for a clumsy groping by an unhappy blue shirted bureaucrat

I travel pretty frequently. I’m about to go to USA from Europe (tomorrow in fact).

I take pregnenolone, progesterone, DHEA, K2 MK4 as always.

I don’t drink alcohol ever so that isn’t an option.

I do like the idea of orange glasses but it’s too late for my flight. Cyproheptadine is a bad idea as it affects my ability of the sinuses to adjust to descent. I never take an antihistamine when I’m flying.
It's interesting that cypro causes that for you, I had never heard that before.

Good luck with your flight, btw.

lampofred

I take vitamin K a few hours earlier and progesterone before I have to go through the scanner. I try to keep my tissues always pretty full of MB (maintaining a constant slightly blue pee) so there's that as well.

teds

Forum Supporter
I take a little more progesterone a day or so before flying (depending on whether long or short haul) and I take charcoal on the flight.. again, amount depending on length of flight etc.

If you can fly business or first class, it’s much better and easier. A lot of the stresses at the airport from waiting in long lines, people barking at you for your documents, etc. etc. and the crowded conditions on the plane, the coughing and sick people around you, are much better in lower density business or first class, not to mention the lay-flat seats and extra room...all are quite a lot better with business or first class.

olive

Fast through the flight. Inject SR-9009 upon morning of destination. Break fast with fruits at 7-9AM of destination. Try to spend some time in sunlight upon landing, sun gaze if possible if not stare at sun through closed eyelids. 7.5mg mirtazapaine sublingual 1 hour pre bed.

Half an Aspro (aspirin + sod bicarb) + 1 litre of fresh OJ before boarding.

Can't believe I'm the one recommending aspirin here :D (I selectively use it for flying. And deadlifting. And moving houses. And pulling all-nighters.) I guess for a lot of you it goes without saying.

But even Harvard recommends: Air travel health tips - Harvard Health. :O Damn DVT.

The B5 tip against radiation is interesting and the first time I've heard. Isn't iodine the ultimate anti-radiation protection?

Sampa

Aspirin + High potency sedative benzo (midazolam or lormetazepam). High dose caffeine or modafinil when arrive in the morning.

lucid&alive

I'm pretty sure Ray said higher radiation exposure at altitude is a myth of sorts. Can't remember exactly the context.