How Do You Prepare Mushrooms? In Bulk Or Individually?

raypeatclips

For the people that eat mushrooms here regularly, do you bulk boil a lot of them, then reheat? Or is that not advised? Or do you boil for hours for each meal of mushrooms you eat?

Thanks!

Catcream

I boil 2 or 3 kilos for a couple of hours in a little water and fresh
rosemary then put them in jars ( including the liquid) freeze until needed. I assume it is safe to use the liquid too. Good thing to make is a soup of mushrooms, homemade broth and a little milk.

Last edited:
OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

I boil 2 or 3 kilos for a couple of hours in a little water and fresh
rosemary then put them in jars ( including the liquid) freeze until needed. I assume it is safe to use the liquid too. Good thing to make is a soup of mushrooms, homemade broth and a little milk.

Thanks for the reply. When you want to eat them, what do you do? Microwave one of the jars of mushroom and liquid? I've seen it mentioned that the liquid is as good as the mushroom itself.

Catcream

I try not to microwave and never in plastic, but store all my frozen food in glass jars in the freezer, not quite full or they will crack. Then I either make them into a soup like I mentioned or sauté them lightly in butter garlic and eat like that or in stews or with eggs or potatoes or cheese ...anyway you would normally eat mushrooms. Good to do it in bulk so you don't waste time or energy cooking off small amounts :)

I brown them with a fan on, and evaporate the hydrazine, then finish them in a pressure cooker. I love the pressure cooker. It cooks them really well and doesn't take more than 20 minutes.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals