how do you oxidize vitamin C safely?

Dr. Peat in his recent Radio One interview with Patrick Timpone said more clearly than I've heard him say, how vitamin C is not good because it is a reductant. He said that oxidized C in the body is safe.

Is there a simple way to oxidize ascorbic acid and then consume it? I read that copper can catalyze the oxidation but I'm not sure I would want to try that and risk consuming too much copper.

mrchibbs

Dr. Peat in his recent Radio One interview with Patrick Timpone said more clearly than I've heard him say, how vitamin C is not good because it is a reductant. He said that oxidized C in the body is safe.

Is there a simple way to oxidize ascorbic acid and then consume it? I read that copper can catalyze the oxidation but I'm not sure I would want to try that and risk consuming too much copper.

This is one area where I disagree with Ray. I understand what he's getting at, and dehydroascorbic may be safer, but ascorbic acid does some very positive things in my body, including stopping bleeding gums, and improving well-being. This probably indicates that I do NOT get sufficient vitamin C from animal products. My requirements may be heightened though.

One thing I do though, is neutralize the ascorbic acid by mixing it with baking soda and hot water. I don't know if this way, the vitamin C is sufficiently ''oxidized''? This is what is called ''buffered'' vitamin C.

Since the reaction produces carbon dioxide, I think it is. Ascorbic acid itself is probably too acid for complete oxidation, by combining with baking soda, I guess it's possible to raise the pH enough to get it fully oxidized.

Maybe somebody who's actually knowledgeable in chemistry can chime in.

This webpage is interesting:

Last edited:

gaze

lowering iron and ferritin in the body is probsbly the safest way, because the vitamin C is interacting with iron which makes it a reductant, no? vitamin E probably helps

tankasnowgod

You posted before about using methylene blue. From the haidut/Danny Roddy interview.

Might be better to start off with sodium ascorbate instead off ascorbic acid, too.

Memento

Thanks for reminding. So MB would work with sodium ascorbate?

magnesiumania

Im of the opinion that food based vitamin C is moren than ascorbic acid. The copper based enzyme tyrosinase is the driving Come and and form that dont destroy it by heat is safe and effektive. Trust me ive tried AA vs whole food C and Therese is a hugh difference in ny response. AA giver me a stuffede noe while wfc is aksene energy

KTownSatfats

Im of the opinion that food based vitamin C is moren than ascorbic acid. The copper based enzyme tyrosinase is the driving Come and and form that dont destroy it by heat is safe and effektive. Trust me ive tried AA vs whole food C and Therese is a hugh difference in ny response. AA giver me a stuffede noe while wfc is aksene energy
What?

Nebula

I’ve been experimenting with adding 1-2 grams of ascorbic acid with an equal amount of baking soda to a dissolved 3mg copper glycinate pill. I was trying to create the copper niacin complex that Mitosynergy sells. It turns from blue to a yellow-orange color so I assume it has fully oxidized it into copper (1). It makes me hotter after meals and sleep deeper. I thought that was the copper entering into mitochondria more effectively, but now I wonder if I’m also getting the benefit of dehydroascorbic acid. I may also try to add a little niacin powder to see if it will bond with the copper (1) ions as suggested by Mitosynergy’s patent.

Ihor

I’ve been experimenting with adding 1-2 grams of ascorbic acid with an equal amount of baking soda to a dissolved 3mg copper glycinate pill. I was trying to create the copper niacin complex that Mitosynergy sells. It turns from blue to a yellow-orange color so I assume it has fully oxidized it into copper (1). It makes me hotter after meals and sleep deeper. I thought that was the copper entering into mitochondria more effectively, but now I wonder if I’m also getting the benefit of dehydroascorbic acid. I may also try to add a little niacin powder to see if it will bond with the copper (1) ions as suggested by Mitosynergy’s patent.

Which of these dissolved copper(1) gives you better results?

Nebula

Which of these dissolved copper(1) gives you better results?
Not sure. I’ve only tried it a few times. I might just be feeling the effects of the oxidized vitamin C or it’s antibiotic effect.

cardochav

What is the older method for vitamin c extraction that ray talked about? I’m pretty sure he said since the 60s or so it’s changed and became synthetic. I’ve seen videos on YouTube of people drying out orange peels and blending them down to a powder, would that work to store vitamin c?

LA

@ecstatichamster

Not too long ago while reading this board someone advised mixing Ascorbic Acid with baking soda I tried it and the addition of baking soda irritated my gums/upper mouth. The discomfort lasted about 10 days. Now I buffer with a dash of potassium citrate mixed in with 2 grams of ascorbic acid. I have been taking at least 4 grams of AA daily for about 20 years. Due to the C-19 we have been doing extra AA. I aim for 6 to 10 grams daily. I take supplements with food. Milk counts as food. I have used full fat milk my entire life, no problem. Best wishes

ddjd

Hold on. You were basically able to make your own mitosynergy copper???? This could save me huge amounts of money...

So to clarify, you add 1-2g Ascorbic Acid to baking soda to remove the acidity and then add the 3mg copper glycinate which is naturally blue??

Is the baking soda absolutely necessary??

Many thanks for sharing this

Nebula

Hold on. You were basically able to make your own mitosynergy copper???? This could save me huge amounts of money...

So to clarify, you add 1-2g Ascorbic Acid to baking soda to remove the acidity and then add the 3mg copper glycinate which is naturally blue??

I’m not sure. It definitely turns orange. I haven’t tried mixing niacin with it to see if it will bond with the Copper(1) ions.

A.R

Did you manage to make this?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals