How Do You Keep Your Teeth Healthy And White On This Diet?

Jib

I wonder if using just sodium bicarbonate in half a glass of water as a mouthwash would be effective? I think Ray Peat does that, though I am not sure.

Maybe. I just ordered another mouthwash that got great reviews and am going to try that. It uses colloidal silver and xylitol as the main components:

https://www.amazon.com/Formulated-S...ywords=silver+mouthwash&qid=1581792984&sr=8-5

Uncle Harry's Miracle Mouthwash also uses colloidal silver, I think 10 ppm.

It would probably be much cheaper to just do a DIY mouthwash. Baking soda, salt, xylitol, and perhaps some essential oils like peppermint oil, or even some colloidal silver if you want to get fancy. Baking soda alone is probably OK, but the other ingredients are cheap and can be hugely beneficial, so no reason not to add them.

My toothbrushes came in today. Dr. Perio's "Extreme." They are super soft and use polyester bristles which are allegedly less prone to accumulating bacteria than nylon, as they're less porous.

They feel great. I'm not sure if extra soft toothbrushes are necessary, but I have severely receding gums. Had a gum graft surgery a couple months ago on some of the worst ones. So I'll be sticking to soft bristles, as tougher bristles can aggravate the gums and potentially contribute to recession.

HHB

i improved my white tongue by around 90% by having a "pur" xylitol mint after eating 6x's a day - my teeth have also been noticibly whiter.

Beastmode

@haidut mentioned in the interview linked above me about mixing 15 mg of methanal blue with a liter of water and using that to rinse daily.

I'm going to test it out as we use a homemade toothpaste with coconut oil and baking soda, but haven't tried a homemade mouthwash yet!

jzeno

@Logan- Dr. Gerson strongly recommends you do not use sodium bicarb--too much sodium. Take that for what it is. Some on here disagree on the sodium aspect--a lot is good or minimal sodium is preferred. I think Ray Peat and haidut will err on the side of you should eat salt to your heart's content, but I know that not everyone is in agreement. Unlike PUFA oils, which we all with pretty solid unanimity agree are detrimental. To me salt is still kinda up in the air. Dr. Gerson is one of the few who recommends against any added salt and prescribes only eating salt if it's found in the food you're eating.

I swear hydrogen peroxide is great. Besides it's 3% solution. Barely any HO relative to water. Swish for a few seconds if you are uncomfortable. It has completely killed any bad breath, even if I don't use it. I wake up and my breath still smells neutral.

If you read the label, it clearly states that it is medically viable as an oral debriding agent (example: https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/image.cfm?name=peroxide-01.jpg&id=437953). It is the same thing a dentist would do to whiten your teeth, except it's much safer because it's diluted to nothing. When you go to a dentist they blast your teeth with super strong peroxide. Just look it up online.

This is like a slow and steady process that takes weeks or months instead of minutes. And for that it's safer. Quit anytime or slow it down or speed it up. Easier to control.

Last edited:

sladerunner69

What do you do?

Whenever I eat or drink sugars, I will rinse with remineralization drops shortly afterward. I use this product Pack of 2 Uncle Harry's Remineralization Liquid For Tooth Enamel (1 fl oz) | eBay - which is basically calcium and magnesium in an oil base with the idea being to neutralize the acidity promoted by sugars (responsible for tooth decay). I try to rinse a few times a day at least. I also floss before bed, and brush my teeth with a calcium carbonate based paste. I have a couple of cavities in my mouth that I filled myself with temporary filler paste from the drugstore.

OP
L

Logan-

Thank you everyone for your responses. I appreciate them.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals