How do you find doing light exercise after a meal?

Makrosky

Hi everyone

I want to resume my monday to friday walking routine but I am being a bit constrained by schedule.

I thought about doing it *right* after dinner which I normally don't do but as said, it would perfectly fit my daily schedule.

How do you find this? Recommended? Disrecommended? What are your experiences. We are talking about 4-5km (2.8 miles aprox.) walking.

Not sure how good is this for digestion and metabolism.

tankasnowgod

I think that would be fine. But, I wouldn't start off with that long of a walk **right** after dinner, as walking can stimulate peristalsis. I don't think you would want to be 1.4 miles away from home with a sudden urgent need to use the bathroom.

Hi everyone

I want to resume my monday to friday walking routine but I am being a bit constrained by schedule.

I thought about doing it *right* after dinner which I normally don't do but as said, it would perfectly fit my daily schedule.

How do you find this? Recommended? Disrecommended? What are your experiences. We are talking about 4-5km (2.8 miles aprox.) walking.

Me and my girlfriends love taking a two mile brisk walk to dinner and then walk home! Dinner out is a splurge and the four mile walk feels like I earned it :)

Nomane Euger

Hi everyone

hi,foods that give me real energy,i can do streetworkout right after i ate it,with out any disconfort,these foods give me more energy/strengh/explosivity right after i eat it,no need to wait 2minutes

Rafe

To me there is a window of time that is best for a walk or hike after a meal. It’s after the stomach has emptied but before blood sugar goes down to its lowest. I don’t use a glucose monitor, but it’s about 1-1.5 hrs after a meal as I feel it.

I agree with tanka that you want to avoid getting caught out having a need for a toilet because the walking is stimulating your gut.

After dinner you could shorten the wait to a half hour so you could get back, relax, & get sleepy for bedtime. Especially if the walk is pleasant & at an easy pace.

If you are walking for an hour then I’d take a sweet drink along. But I take in calories all the time and don’t have meal times.

We eat a lot of sugar. Walks are a great way to actually use that sugar.

To me there is a window of time that is best for a walk or hike after a meal. It’s after the stomach has emptied but before blood sugar goes down to its lowest. I don’t use a glucose monitor, but it’s about 1-1.5 hrs after a meal as I feel it.

I agree with tanka that you want to avoid getting caught out having a need for a toilet because the walking is stimulating your gut.

After dinner you could shorten the wait to a half hour so you could get back, relax, & get sleepy for bedtime. Especially if the walk is pleasant & at an easy pace.

If you are walking for an hour then I’d take a sweet drink along. But I take in calories all the time and don’t have meal times.

We eat a lot of sugar. Walks are a great way to actually use that sugar.
I have NEVER had the urge to go to the toilet while walking, but I also don't EVER have to get up in the night to "tinkle" either. "Getting caught out" is good to know for others, but for those like me a walk after a meal is nothing to fear either.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals