How do you find a great chiropractor?

ironfist

Multiple chiropractors claim to be able to cure every disorder, they spend 5 minutes with you and do the same adjustments in everyone.

How do you find a good doctor?

Peatful

Last edited:

SamYo123

Multiple chiropractors claim to be able to cure every disorder, they spend 5 minutes with you and do the same adjustments in everyone.

no they dont if they did, then we would have people walking around with great gait cycles, we dont see that though

address the system

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CegzCJ7pG3J/?hl=en

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CeLOKv8uAMH/?hl=en

toolhead

This is a great question. I never knew there were differences until lately. A few years back I went to a guy (old school) who knew how to crack my ***t. I never bought into the woo-woo of how every vertebrae controls this or that organ. But he took X-Rays and knew how to pop my ***t.

A few weeks ago I went to a new guy to simply pop my pelvis and he didn’t know what the **** he was doing. Just mushed around and then did some “emotional testing” while holding my outstretched arm while asking me how I felt about things in my life.

And he sold supplements.

Total fraud.

I’m afraid the old school chiropractors are disappearing.

AlaskaJono

Great reply above by @toolhead (and great Avatar of Pai Mai). I think you need to focus on what you mean by "find a good doctor - of Chiropractic.

I have heaps of experience with American Chiro's and Naturopathic physicians 'cracking my back'. Adjustments or spinal manipulations are one of the technical terms for 'crack me silly doc'. Some Naturopathic docs are as good or better than some of the full time Chiros. And in Australia and NZ there are Osteopathic Physicians who also do manual adjustments. I live in Australia now, and have lived in New Zealand. Many Osteopathic folks also do cranial-sacral therapy, which is super subtle but I have found it also effective for me and clients depending on the practioner. More on that in a minute.

I am an acu of 30 years, graduated Oregon, and there is a Naturopathic College there, and a Chiropractic College also. I was/am physical, skiing, mountain climbing, chainsaw wood chopping, so... I needed to get un jammed on and off, separate from injuries, which do occur out having fun. I personally like to find a Chiro who can do the adjustments I need, and at least touch upon the soft tissue aspects, though I find I need to get a massage or acu for those problems which require retraining of muscles and or getting areas to soften up which continually pull lumbar or thoracic vertabrae out of alignment (ie- pain).

There are many in the USA who focus on business models with lots of supplement pushing, and also require multiple visits for the treatment to work. If you are paying cash I don't want to go often. So, I have to find a good one that works for me. I have had some baddies as I have moved around a lot. Meaning in the USA/Alask and globally. It seems you are in Chicago, so there must be at least a few dozen around there. If you are a gym/weight enthusiast, then ask around the gym or swimming pool. Or if you go to a Dojo, or Yoga place regularly ask there. Also some folks may be known for the "Activator" in treating, which is a staple like tool which I do not prefer, as in the 80s and 90s many Chiros used it primarily to make a $$ Insurance payments of like 1/2 Million a year. (Yes, some did that in Oregon and the tool as a treatment got banned!).

When it comes down to it as far as choosing a doc to go see for spinal alignment, every DC or Doc practices differently, and has a different business model and personality. I need to like my doctor as a person, as well as be satisfied with their hands on treatment and overall philosophical/medical approach. ( I know too much, as a client, and as someone who learned a lot of techniques because a Doctor friend trained me so I could treat him.)

Good Luck and hope that helps. (PS I taught my wife -who is about 55kg- to walk on my back so at least I can get almost free treatments for thoracic vertebrae when I need it!)

OP
I

ironfist

AlaskaJono

As I said above, a great therapist, whether they are a masseur, chiropractor, osteo, acupuncturist, feldenkrais, cranial sacral, any body worker professional, etc., will be a dedicated practitioner who has integrity and is known to the community. I was fortunate in my journey in the 80's, til now, in that some folks just aren't in the book. Or they are low key.....They might be in the book, but... ask around. My favourite health care practitioner teachers were amenable to one getting healed in 3-5 visits when possible. Stroke, serious motor vehicle accidents, cancer may take longer, but they will kick you out after you are better. They do not want clients to return, they need money sure, ...... , but they don't want your money if they can help it, because the client's situation is of primacy.....that the pain or issue is resolved and they are on the healing train. Full stop. As a client one's responsibility is to be willing to do whatever it takes to get mo' better. Hours of self therapy, physiotherapy, organized excercise etc, will be the ticket. Otherwise forget it.

Lollipop2

As I said above, a great therapist, whether they are a masseur, chiropractor, osteo, acupuncturist, feldenkrais, cranial sacral, any body worker professional, etc., will be a dedicated practitioner who has integrity and is known to the community. I was fortunate in my journey in the 80's, til now, in that some folks just aren't in the book. Or they are low key.....They might be in the book, but... ask around. My favourite health care practitioner teachers were amenable to one getting healed in 3-5 visits when possible. Stroke, serious motor vehicle accidents, cancer may take longer, but they will kick you out after you are better. They do not want clients to return, they need money sure, ...... , but they don't want your money if they can help it, because the client's situation is of primacy.....that the pain or issue is resolved and they are on the healing train. Full stop. As a client one's responsibility is to be willing to do whatever it takes to get mo' better. Hours of self therapy, physiotherapy, organized excercise etc, will be the ticket. Otherwise forget it.
Hey thanks for this @AlaskaJono ❤️

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals