How Do Steriods Give Much Greater Muscle Gains

biggirlkisss

do they just increase testosterone and why when you come off is it harder to produce testosterone.

WestCoaster

Steroids drastically increase Testosterone. For all intensive purposes ignoring the gigantic range that doctors allow of 300-1100 as average levels, usual levels are around 500-700. Steroids, jack Testosterone up to levels of about 2500-3000.

Normally when one builds muscle, they also gain some fat as this is an anabolic process. When someone is burning fat, it's catabolic, and there usually is some muscle lost with it. Steroids prevent this, they basically allow an individual to build tons of muscle and burn good amounts of fat at the same time, and in a relatively short period of time actually.

An exception to the process above is a keto diet. If done correctly it can up testosterone, build muscle, and shed fat at the same time, but not at the extreme level steroids do.

Dizzryda

Steroids drastically increase Testosterone. For all intensive purposes ignoring the gigantic range that doctors allow of 300-1100 as average levels, usual levels are around 500-700. Steroids, jack Testosterone up to levels of about 2500-3000.

Normally when one builds muscle, they also gain some fat as this is an anabolic process. When someone is burning fat, it's catabolic, and there usually is some muscle lost with it. Steroids prevent this, they basically allow an individual to build tons of muscle and burn good amounts of fat at the same time, and in a relatively short period of time actually.

An exception to the process above is a keto diet. If done correctly it can up testosterone, build muscle, and shed fat at the same time, but not at the extreme level steroids do.

I tend to agree with you about the Keto from my recent experience. I feel it's the high saturated fat that is producing the benefits. Curious...what do you consider keto done "correctly"? Obviously no pufa would be one criteria. Thanks

Sapien

do they just increase testosterone and why when you come off is it harder to produce testosterone.
I heard haidut say in a podcast that 90% of their benefit is actually due to their anticatabolic effect rather than their anabolic effect. So yes they increase T but that is not their only use

baccheion

Increases muscle glycogen and water retention. Look at how quickly pro bodybuilders deflate once they stop. That is not muscle, as muscle is not as eager to be destroyed. It also slows breakdown of protein by favoring fat burning rather than muscle/protein -> carbs.

Low fat, high carb, low aldosterone is anabolic. Also goes with (melatonin +) DHEA. Slow metabolism, AKA.

Sapien

Increases muscle glycogen and water retention. Look at how quickly pro bodybuilders deflate once they stop. That is not muscle, as muscle is not as eager to be destroyed. It also slows breakdown of protein by favoring fat burning rather than muscle/protein -> carbs.

Low fat, high carb, low aldosterone is anabolic. Also goes with (melatonin +) DHEA. Slow metabolism, AKA.
makes sense, I heard atom bergstrom once claim "thats not muscle thats water" about the steroid using body builders; didnt know exactly what he meant but makes a lot of sense. after all, muscle is 72 percent water and only 22 percent protein.

piro444

makes sense, I heard atom bergstrom once claim "thats not muscle thats water" about the steroid using body builders; didnt know exactly what he meant but makes a lot of sense. after all, muscle is 72 percent water and only 22 percent protein.
It also depends on what they do and how much
Testosterone favours muscle hypertrophy (more water and glycogen) while GH/IGF-1 goes for hyperplasia (more muscle fibers)