How Do People Keep Their PUFA Intake Under 4g Per Day?

Milena

I see people trying to keep their PUFA intake low and claiming they eat cheese etc and still keep their PUFA under 4 grams a day.

How?

Seems everything I look at has something like 20% saturated fat and 80% other fat including most meats.
Is there a PUFA database anywhere?

jitsmonkey

cronometer.com

even 6 ounces of monterey jack cheese only has 1.5g pufa and that's a lot of cheese.

Staying under 4 shouldn't be that hard if your fat consumption isn't reckless.

Tenacity

Low fat consumption usually, although it is possible at higher fat intakes if you are careful.

800mRepeats

Hmm. I haven't had any problem keeping under 4 gm PUFA.
A typical day includes 2 eggs, cheddar cheese, string cheese, and goat cheese as the main PUFA contributors. The small hamburger patty I ate at dinner only had 0.2 gm PUFA.
Total fat consumption for that day was 60 gm.

I use cronometer.com
There are other databases such as nutritiondata.self.com

Kyle M

The part of the fat in cheese that isn't saturated is probably mostly monounsaturated, same with meat unless it's pork or chicken with skin.

OP
Milena

Milena

Aha. I have found my problem. I thought that total fat - saturated fat was pretty much PUFA for the rest. Now, I have found a reasonable database (chrono is very USA orientated) that I can understand and let's me know I have grossly overestimated the PUFA when it is actually mostly MUFA.

Is MUFA considered pretty much OK since it only has 1 double bond?
I see 67% saturated fat, 30% MUFA and 3% is PUFA in cheese.

Last edited:

Aymen

Aha. I have found my problem. I thought that total fat - saturated fat was pretty much PUFA for the rest. Now, I have found a reasonable database (chrono is very USA orientated) that I can understand and let's me know I have grossly overestimated the PUFA when it is actually mostly MUFA.

Is MUFA considered pretty much OK since it only has 1 double bond?
I see 67% saturated fat, 30% MUFA and 3% is PUFA in cheese.
check nutritiondata before eating any food you will know how much pufa you are eating.

Xemnoraq

It's actually quite easy once you get used to it I keep mine at basically 0 or 1 g or 0.5 everyday honestly the way to do it is fat free foods really no oils unless hydrogenated coconut oil of you wanna be extreme but yeah basically a diet of tropical fruits skim milk and certain veggies honestly I love it man it's awesome it's easier once you get used to it but that kind of diet will deplete PUFA like a motherf#@ker! And prevents storage of extra PUFA down the line but no oils or fatty foods just fruits skim milk egg whites veggies for example I may eat like 10 mangos with white sugar or honey on top tons of oj lots of skim milk and make a fat free soup which is actually delicious

Xemnoraq

Can eat lots of lean meat and gelatin too if u like.
That's true alot of meat is very low PUFA and nutritious and gelatin is fat free and the best protein! I try to stick to the vegetarian side for ethical reasons it's just hard when the most nutritious foods have to come at the expense of another being but health is very important and gelatin isnby far a superior protein!

I discard the fat from cooled whole chicken stew, but leave the gelatin. Chicken fat has 20% PUFA
I also discard the top layer of fat from cooled pressure-cooked stewed kidney beans. Beans have over 50% PUFA

baccheion

Doesn't iodine protocol and vitamin E offset many issues associated with PUFAs? For example, iodine binding with DHA's double bonds stabilizes the structure.

hei

How do people do it while still eating organ meats and seafood?

According to cronometer, oysters have about 0.4g each, so just 5 oysters = 2g. Already half your allowance gone.
Lamb or beef liver has 2.1g per 220g of flesh. Twice as much as even 15% fat ground beef, and way more again than trimmed cuts.
That stuff doesn't cook well without some fat (I guess steamed seafood is alright but I don't recommend steamed liver). Even a tablespoon of coconut oil has 0.3g; 1.4g in a tablespoon of butter.

It adds up really quickly when you are already getting some from milk, juice, and fruits.

Tenacity

According to cronometer, oysters have about 0.4g each, so just 5 oysters = 2g. Already half your allowance gone.
Lamb or beef liver has 2.1g per 220g of flesh. Twice as much as even 15% fat ground beef, and way more again than trimmed cuts.
That stuff doesn't cook well without some fat (I guess steamed seafood is alright but I don't recommend steamed liver). Even a tablespoon of coconut oil has 0.3g; 1.4g in a tablespoon of butter.

It adds up really quickly when you are already getting some from milk, juice, and fruits.
That's only if you eat liver or oysters every day. Where are you seeing that a tablespoon of butter has 1.4g of PUFA? Cronometer is telling me 0.4g.

schultz

12 eastern oysters shows 1g of PUFA. Maybe you looked up Pacific oysters? They are huge.

220g of liver is a lot in one sitting. I tend to consume around 100g max at a time, which is around 1g of PUFA.

A TBSP of butter has 0.3g and a TBSP of coconut oil has 0.2g.

I eat cheese, eggs, butter and stuff and I am almost always under 4g. Yesterday I had a 450 calorie hamburger patty (it had cheese and jalapeno inside) on a kaiser and I was at 3.6g (which is high for me) and I also had cheese and chocolate as well. 80g total fat.

hei

12 eastern oysters shows 1g of PUFA. Maybe you looked up Pacific oysters? They are huge.

220g of liver is a lot in one sitting. I tend to consume around 100g max at a time, which is around 1g of PUFA.

A TBSP of butter has 0.3g and a TBSP of coconut oil has 0.2g.

I eat cheese, eggs, butter and stuff and I am almost always under 4g. Yesterday I had a 450 calorie hamburger patty (it had cheese and jalapeno inside) on a kaiser and I was at 3.6g (which is high for me) and I also had cheese and chocolate as well. 80g total fat.
Yeah there are only pacific oysters and rock oysters for sale here so that's what I looked up.
I think 220g of liver seems like a good meal.
Eggs seem especially high in PUFA so I don't know how you manage to include those.

schultz

Yeah there are only pacific oysters and rock oysters for sale here so that's what I looked up.
I think 220g of liver seems like a good meal.
Eggs seem especially high in PUFA so I don't know how you manage to include those.
Eggs are 0.7g for generic store bought. The omega-3 eggs are like 1.3g or something. I need to get my own chickens again.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals