How Do I Know If My Issues Are Caused By Enviroment Or Food? Dream About Eating Mold

pro marker

i went from a low carb diet to a peat diet. things were good, getting better, but now a year later, it seems my food cannot help me so much anymore.
my problems started around the time my relationship went sour. i know ill be more happy when i get away from this, but right now that is not possible. for the next 4-5 months i will have to stay in a toxic and bad relationship, living in a place i hate in a situation that makes me unhappy. this can not be changed.
my question is: how do i know if my symptoms may be caused by my diet? what if i am actually eating in a bad way but i cant tell because im depressed too?

my symptoms are:
complete lack of energy
ZERO motivation
colder body, also confirmed by gf. i have not taken my temperature though. my **** tends to be cold, which is not usual. but i also live in sweden where it is getting a lot colder now.
issues sleeping, never feel rested, hard to fall asleep
increased tinnitus (likely due to lack of sleep)
blood sugar issues: ill loose all energy 20 minutes after eating
decreased appetite
harder stools, more constipated

these mostly seem like issues caused by my situation, so im leaning towards continuing my diet and hoping the issues will resolve after getting away from this.
though i had a scary dream tonight that i feel like might tell me i need to change my diet

i have some liver and kidneys in the freezer in real life
in the dream i took them out and they had spots of mold in a deep blue color. the mold had a very strong chemical-moldy smell that burned my nostrils. i ate them still frozen and got severely sick. while i was lying on the ground trying to not die my gf took a bite of them too before i could warn her and she got very sick too. when i woke up the smell was still in my nose and i was very nauseaus.
no way im eating those offals now, but it was a very symbolic dream. ome time ago i also noticed that there is some mold growing on our door (we live in a brand new house built last year kinda strange) so perhaps im being poisoned by mold and my dreams were telling me that? Ive never listened to dreams before but this one felt different. these last two months my dreams have gradually gone from being very abstract to more related to my life and symbolic. thoughts?

Last edited:

Nomane Euger

i went from a low carb diet to a peat diet. things were good, getting better, but now a year later, it seems my food cannot help me so much anymore.
my problems started around the time my relationship went sour. i know ill be more happy when i get away from this, but right now that is not possible. for the next 4-5 months i will have to stay in a toxic and bad relationship, living in a place i hate in a situation that makes me unhappy. this can not be changed.
my question is: how do i know if my symptoms may be caused by my diet? what if i am actually eating in a bad way but i cant tell because im depressed too?

my symptoms are:
complete lack of energy
ZERO motivation
colder body, also confirmed by gf. i have not taken my temperature though. my **** tends to be cold, which is not usual. but i also live in sweden where it is getting a lot colder now.
issues sleeping, never feel rested, hard to fall asleep
increased tinnitus (likely due to lack of sleep)
blood sugar issues: ill loose all energy 20 minutes after eating
decreased appetite
harder stools, more constipated

these mostly seem like issues caused by my situation, so im leaning towards continuing my diet and hoping the issues will resolve after getting away from this.
though i had a scary dream tonight that i feel like might tell me i need to change my diet

i have some liver and kidneys in the freezer in real life
in the dream i took them out and they had spots of mold in a deep blue color. the mold had a very strong chemical-moldy smell that burned my nostrils. i ate them still frozen and got severely sick. while i was lying on the ground trying to not die my gf took a bite of them too before i could warn her and she got very sick too. when i woke up the smell was still in my nose and i was very nauseaus.
no way im eating those offals now, but it was a very symbolic dream. ome time ago i also noticed that there is some mold growing on our door (we live in a brand new house built last year kinda strange) so perhaps im being poisoned by mold and my dreams were telling me that? Ive never listened to dreams before but this one felt different. these last two months my dreams have gradually gone from being very abstract to more related to my life and symbolic. thoughts?
Hi,the first time I ate honey comb,I had 3 days of nightmares,with the first one I was vomiting plastic,despit prior to that I ate the very same honey by the pound at once,with the combs and my dreams were just fine,so yes sometimes dream reveal you something,animals fed moldy grains with have molds stuff in their flesh,I noticed it my self when I had subcutaneous fat from lamb finished on grain it tasted cheesy sometimes not to bad and after a few days there was white filaments on it,don’t discard your hypothésis,if the organ taste bad to you raw or lightly cooked with out heavy spicing do not eat it

ursidae

Have you checked your HVAC vents for mold?
I just found more mold at home that was kept secret from me by an idiot and this time a major renovation (not possible) will be required to get rid of it

I think if one is very mold sensitive it’s best to live in the desert, otherwise there’s no
escaping from this sh*t

I think it’s possible to be poisoned by your house, maybe not necessarily by mold. If you notice you’re developing mental health issues moving in and the relationships of everyone start falling apart, you feel like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders every time you leave home, etc. This has been the case for me with this current place and most of the problems start to resolve when I leave

Also, a ton of foods contain mold as the above poster mentioned. Some poorly regulated supplements as well

Last edited:

Jem Oz

Your symptoms sound like classic hypo. Possibly caused by the social stress you're under, or longterm inadequate diet, or both. You might benefit from a period of NDT and relatively high dose things like niacinamide, aspirin, thiamine, at least to see you through the next 4-5 months.

The dream is where things get interesting. The kidneys and the liver are the detoxifiers and cleaning organs. They process toxic things so you can keep thriving. The symbolism of these organs being covered in mold is stark. You are stuck in a toxic situation and you are not willing or able to process the full truth of it. It's either the situation you are in right now, with your gf, or that situation is itself a restaging of an early dynamic with your mother or a caregiver, that you haven't worked through. Until you find a way to process the strong, difficult emotions, and change your situation, you are effectively sick. Now a Jungian would chime in and say that the fact that both the male and female ate the poison offal in the dream and got sick means that you are currently suppressing both your masculine and feminine sides. The purposeful, driven, self-respecting side, as well as the emotionally rich, dynamic, intuitive side.

Dreams are always an attempt by your own soul to communicate important messages to you about your life, and usually about things that aren't working and are causing you stress.

Take it or leave it, but I wish you well either way.

OP
P

pro marker

Hi,the first time I ate honey comb,I had 3 days of nightmares,with the first one I was vomiting plastic,despit prior to that I ate the very same honey by the pound at once,with the combs and my dreams were just fine,so yes sometimes dream reveal you something,animals fed moldy grains with have molds stuff in their flesh,I noticed it my self when I had subcutaneous fat from lamb finished on grain it tasted cheesy sometimes not to bad and after a few days there was white filaments on it,don’t discard your hypothésis,if the organ taste bad to you raw or lightly cooked with out heavy spicing do not eat it
every time i log onto the ray peat forum, i read something that makes me fear the world even more.
i eat organs lightly cooked for the reason you mentioned.

Jem Oz

This forum has become doomsday central, that's for sure. The doomsdayers would of course say it's all justified and on the money, but there's an elephant in the room whenever people start obsessing about all the monstrous ways of the world, and it's virtually impossible to get the fear mongers to see it. Sigh.