How do I know how much betaine hcl I need?

Motif

I think digestion is really why my zinc copper levels remain low. I just burped and had the taste of egg which I was eating yesterday (15 hours ago).

how do I know how much betaine hcl I have to take?

L_C

I think digestion is really why my zinc copper levels remain low. I just burped and had the taste of egg which I was eating yesterday (15 hours ago).

Typically you start with one pill and then increase until it makes you somewhat uncomfortable (ill) in the stomach. For example, now I take five pills after food. If I take seven I feel nausea. I like Premier HCL. You make also take ACV with or after food. It helps with digestion as well. Hope this helps.

Pet Peeve

This is very easy and misunderstood. Yes, you increase one pill at a time etc. but that's not going to help you if you drink varying amounts of liquid with a meal as more liquid will thin out the hcl. There for you need to limit liquids to let's say 200 ml with each meal, avoiding liquid before and after meals.

OP
M

Motif

Avoid liquids for how long before and after?

and what if I reduce liquids with meals, but still feel no hot sensation even with many pills?

and what’s the best time to take them? Before ? After the first bites? Throughout the meal?

same question for ox bile. I guess too late while eating is not a good idea, right ?

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
Have you checked for H Pylori? The G.I. map stool test is the most comprehensive test. I ask because I have been struggling with chronic reflux for the last two years. I tested negative on four other tests for H Pylori, and then came back positive on the G.I. map stool test. After treating the H. pylori, my reflux is nearly gone. I also used to have that awful sulfur taste in my mouth hours after eating meat and eggs.

Apple

Did you take a test for stomach acidity already?

Apple

What is a reliable test for this? And do doctors really treat that if there’s a stomach acid deficiency?
Just ask your doctor, what test they can offer over there. These tests are generical and even mandatory for military service in some countries.
There is no standard cure for this if any
Peat thinks it has to do with hypothyroidism.
Betaine hcl or digestive enzymes won't cure you , just temporarily relief

OP
M

Motif

Will make an appointment tomorrow.

i realized taking the pills not too early after starting a meal helps me more.

when do you think should they be taken?
more from half meal to the end?
and would you take them all together or spread them over the meal, If I take two or three of them per meal?

Pet Peeve

Avoid liquids for how long before and after?

and what if I reduce liquids with meals, but still feel no hot sensation even with many pills?

and what’s the best time to take them? Before ? After the first bites? Throughout the meal?

same question for ox bile. I guess too late while eating is not a good idea, right ?
Avoid liquids for at least 30 minutes before and after a meal, take all the pills at the same time with 200 ml water at the start of the meal. You do need some liquid to dissolve the hcl in. Be careful, you can get gastritis symptoms if you overdo it.

OP
M

Motif

Avoid liquids for 30 minutes before and after a meal, take all the pills at the same time with 200 ml water at the start of the meal. Be careful, you can get gastritis if you overdo it.

Start of the meal, really?

any signs that I’m doing harm I have to watch out for?

my stomach is not that sensitive that I can tell easily ??‍♂️

Pet Peeve

any signs that I’m doing harm I have to watch out for?

my stomach is not that sensitive that I can tell easily ??‍♂️
No, I dont remember, at least cut back if it burns, or take a break and start again with less pills than when it burned. Baking soda can help.

A.R

Have you checked for H Pylori? The G.I. map stool test is the most comprehensive test. I ask because I have been struggling with chronic reflux for the last two years. I tested negative on four other tests for H Pylori, and then came back positive on the G.I. map stool test. After treating the H. pylori, my reflux is nearly gone. I also used to have that awful sulfur taste in my mouth hours after eating meat and eggs.
How did you manage to treat the h pylori?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals