How Do I Heal My Mitochondria ?

Tawnya

I have lyme and hashimotos I want to work on mitochondrial health is there any RP ways of doing this? So much online says to eat tons of greens ugh! I believe the mitochondria are where my problems and most chronic illnesses start. I am extremely sensitive to thyroid hormone! Thank you !

tomisonbottom

I have lyme and hashimotos I want to work on mitochondrial health is there any RP ways of doing this? So much online says to eat tons of greens ugh! I believe the mitochondria are where my problems and most chronic illnesses start. I am extremely sensitive to thyroid hormone! Thank you !

Have you read any of Ray's articles? Those can be helpful. Pretty much everything he recommends is in the context of cellular and mitochondrial health.
If I were you I would eat easy to digest foods, lots of sugar and salt, and use cronometer to make sure you're getting enough calories and fructose and protein.
Aspirin, caffeine and thyroid will all help but you must have plenty of sugar reserves, so that's why I think it's good to track what you eat, so you can experiment and adjust accordingly to your energy and healing needs.

I would start cooking everything in coconut oil, if you're not already, and never eat any poly-unsaturated fats. If you do for any reason, balance it with vitamin E and/or more coconut oil.

haidut

Forum Supporter

If you have good reason to believe that your mitochondria is indeed damaged and cannot use much thyroid, things like methylene blue can be very helpful. It targets primarily the mitochondria and increases both its function and numbers. It also increases NAD/NADH ratio, which has effects of its own on the mitochondria.
And of course, keeping diet healthy and avoiding PUFA can also go a long way towards achieving that goal.

OP
Tawnya

Tawnya

Have you read any of Ray's articles? Those can be helpful. Pretty much everything he recommends is in the context of cellular and mitochondrial health.
If I were you I would eat easy to digest foods, lots of sugar and salt, and use cronometer to make sure you're getting enough calories and fructose and protein.
Aspirin, caffeine and thyroid will all help but you must have plenty of sugar reserves, so that's why I think it's good to track what you eat, so you can experiment and adjust accordingly to your energy and healing needs.

I would start cooking everything in coconut oil, if you're not already, and never eat any poly-unsaturated fats. If you do for any reason, balance it with vitamin E and/or more coconut oil.
Yes I've been studying peat for about a year now. I have no energy or stamina I'm in survival mode for several years now. I have gotten a tiny bit better where I'm not bedridden all day. However I can just get around house and that's hard because no energy. I feel weak and fragile . The exhaustion is beyond understandable just from being awake. I never wake rested. This is why I believe it's mitochondria. My lyme doc said this is what lyme does at cell level .ty for your insights.

OP
Tawnya

Tawnya

If you have good reason to believe that your mitochondria is indeed damaged and cannot use much thyroid, things like methylene blue can be very helpful. It targets primarily the mitochondria and increases both its function and numbers. It also increases NAD/NADH ratio, which has effects of its own on the mitochondria.
And of course, keeping diet healthy and avoiding PUFA can also go a long way towards achieving that goal.
I've been reading about a product called nt factor for mitochondrial health. It's recommended in the cfs arenas. the ingredients in the nt factor are
NT Factor Proprietary Blend (soy lecithin extract)
Containing:
Phosphatidic acid (PA)
Phosphatidyl-choline (PC)
Phosphatidyl-ethanolamine (PE)
Phosphatidyl-glycerol (PG)
Phosphatidyl-inositol (PI)
Phosphatidyl-serine (PS)
Digalactosyldiacylglyceride (DGDG)
Monoglactosyldiacylglyceride (MGDG)
Specifications
Description
  • Innovative Nutrition
  • Dietary Supplement

NT Factor EnergyLipids Powder

Patent-pending phosphoglycolipids from soy, in proprietary and scientifically selected ratios of phosphatidylcholine, glycolipids, and other phosphatidyl nutrients, researched and blended to optimize cellular uptake and membrane utilization.

Suggested Use
As a dietary supplement, 1/4 teaspoon two times daily, or as directed by a healthcare practitioner. A larger dose of 1/2 teaspoon two times daily may be taken during an initial one to two month loading period. May be mixed with water, juice, or food.

Sensitive individuals may want to start with less.

Other Ingredients
Fructooligosaccharides (FOS), pantethine, sodium borate, rosemary extract.

Warnings
Store tightly sealed at room temperature, away from direct sunlight.

Supplement Facts
Serving Size:
1/4 Teaspoon (1.25 g)
Servings per Container: 120

Your thoughts on this product are greatly welcomed haidut

I've been reading about a product called nt factor for mitochondrial health. It's recommended in the cfs arenas. the ingredients in the nt factor are
NT Factor Proprietary Blend (soy lecithin extract)
Containing:
Phosphatidic acid (PA)
Phosphatidyl-choline (PC)
Phosphatidyl-ethanolamine (PE)
Phosphatidyl-glycerol (PG)
Phosphatidyl-inositol (PI)
Phosphatidyl-serine (PS)
Digalactosyldiacylglyceride (DGDG)
Monoglactosyldiacylglyceride (MGDG)
Specifications
Description
  • Innovative Nutrition
  • Dietary Supplement

NT Factor EnergyLipids Powder

Patent-pending phosphoglycolipids from soy, in proprietary and scientifically selected ratios of phosphatidylcholine, glycolipids, and other phosphatidyl nutrients, researched and blended to optimize cellular uptake and membrane utilization.

Suggested Use
As a dietary supplement, 1/4 teaspoon two times daily, or as directed by a healthcare practitioner. A larger dose of 1/2 teaspoon two times daily may be taken during an initial one to two month loading period. May be mixed with water, juice, or food.

Sensitive individuals may want to start with less.

Other Ingredients
Fructooligosaccharides (FOS), pantethine, sodium borate, rosemary extract.

Warnings
Store tightly sealed at room temperature, away from direct sunlight.

Supplement Facts
Serving Size:
1/4 Teaspoon (1.25 g)
Servings per Container: 120

Your thoughts on this product are greatly welcomed haidut

Hello, If you have bowel endotoxin problems I found that the FOS ingredient feeds the bacteria , making symptoms much worse.

Last edited by a moderator:

paymanz

look for ray peat's recommendation for reducing endotoxins production and absorption and serotonin release in digestive system.
and also there is some studies tagged with mitochondria or mitochondrial on the forum.
you can find them here Search Tags | Ray Peat Forum

OP
Tawnya

Tawnya

Hello, If you have bowel endotoxin problems I found that the FOS ingredient feeds the bacteria , making symptoms much worse.
I do the carrot daily. I don't know if I have bowel endo toxin problems. I'm on the cowden protocol for lyme as well as mycoplasmas, parasites and all the co infections that go with it. If I have endotoxins I'm sure they aren't gonna like the herbals!

BingDing

There is no question that supporting energy production/oxidative respiration/kreb's cycle (citric acid cycle)/electron transport chain in the mitochondria is essential to staying healthy. Those are all the same way of saying the same thing, producing Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP). ATP is like a tiny rechargeable battery that makes multi cellular life possible. Every cell has to make its own ATP, if a cell fails to do so it dies. There is no more fundamental truth about biochemistry than this, IMHO.

Haidut's MitoLipin restores cardiolipin, a regulator of Cytochrome C Oxidase. Cytochrome C Oxidase is an enzyme critical to ATP production at the end of the electron transport chain, and is thought to be a rate limiting enzyme; that is, if Cytochrome C Oxidase is low the whole chain slows down. Cytochrome C Oxidase has a copper atom in the middle of it so some copper intake is important.

There are dozens of steps in the ATP cycle that each require a specific enzyme, and many of those steps require one or more B vitamins as cofactors; the enzyme doesn't work without the B vitamins present.

RP's emphasis on thyroid and the ATP cycle is eminently sane, again IMHO. The differentiated functions of the different tissues are dependent on ATP and the special requirements of the tissues, so livers, lungs, eyeballs, gonads, brains etc. require both the energy and different substrates/compounds.

Hope that helps some, don't quit!!

tara

@BingDing - I like your explanation.

Many factors involved in supporting good mitochondrial glucose oxidation. So there are many things you can try that may help.
Another factor for cytochrome oxidase C is getting regular sunlight or failing that supplemental red light (orange through near-infrared).
Good CO2 levels support good oxygen delivery to tissues that need it, so good breathing habits can make a difference.
Obviously, along with all the micronutrients (minerals and nutrients in usable forms), you also need adequate fuel for producing energy and building blocks for repair - carbs and protein.

So much online says to eat tons of greens ugh!
Broth from well cooked greens can be a good source of Mg and other minerals. If you are deficient in Mg, and Peat says hypothyroid folk lose Mg easily, then getting more of it from some agreeable source may be helpful. Chlorophyll is probably a good form. There are threads discussing other supplemental forms.
Also need to get all the other nutritional requirements met.

Out of curiosity, if you want to tell, did you do sth to balance pH as part of the Cowden protocol?

OP
Tawnya

Tawnya

@BingDing - I like your explanation.

Many factors involved in supporting good mitochondrial glucose oxidation. So there are many things you can try that may help.
Another factor for cytochrome oxidase C is getting regular sunlight or failing that supplemental red light (orange through near-infrared).
Good CO2 levels support good oxygen delivery to tissues that need it, so good breathing habits can make a difference.
Obviously, along with all the micronutrients (minerals and nutrients in usable forms), you also need adequate fuel for producing energy and building blocks for repair - carbs and protein.

Broth from well cooked greens can be a good source of Mg and other minerals. If you are deficient in Mg, and Peat says hypothyroid folk lose Mg easily, then getting more of it from some agreeable source may be helpful. Chlorophyll is probably a good form. There are threads discussing other supplemental forms.
Also need to get all the other nutritional requirements met.

Out of curiosity, if you want to tell, did you do sth to balance pH as part of the Cowden protocol?
Forgive me but I don't know what sth is? Lol. I did not do any ph balancing. I'm following RP eating And doing the herbals. I started the nt factor today. It's called patented energy wafers. When you are infected with these stealth pathogens ( weaponized) they tear off pieces of your mitochondria when they replicate so hence the Mito damage. Dr Garth Nicholson is brilliant micro biologist and his work is amazing. He is helping our poor veterans that have been infected through vaccines forced on them. They have forms of hiv that are different from AIDS . They have borrelia, bartonella, mycoplasmas etc...

tara

johnwester130

I think people should take basic, proven things that are shown to work.
Weird stuff like resveratrol, fish oil , carnitine, PQQ only confuse the problems.

NAD/NADH Ratio - The One Metabolic Cause To Rule Them All

Those are

b1,b2, niacinamide
aspirin, caffeine, methylene blue,
taurine, lysine,
progesterone and K2, coconut oil

"Furthermore, because of its structural similarity to coenzyme Q10, it is likely that MK-7 is a Q10 mimetic with respect to the mitochondria and supports mitochondrial adenosine triphosphate (ATP) production in the respiratory chain."

" Riboflavin
, coenzyme Q10,
vitamin K,
niacinamide,
thiamine, and
selenium
are the nutrients that most directly relate to mitochondrial energy production.
"

smith

what do you think about "Manipulating Mitochondrial Dynamics"?
There is no question that supporting energy production/oxidative respiration/kreb's cycle (citric acid cycle)/electron transport chain in the mitochondria is essential to staying healthy. Those are all the same way of saying the same thing, producing Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP). ATP is like a tiny rechargeable battery that makes multi cellular life possible. Every cell has to make its own ATP, if a cell fails to do so it dies. There is no more fundamental truth about biochemistry than this, IMHO.

Haidut's MitoLipin restores cardiolipin, a regulator of Cytochrome C Oxidase. Cytochrome C Oxidase is an enzyme critical to ATP production at the end of the electron transport chain, and is thought to be a rate limiting enzyme; that is, if Cytochrome C Oxidase is low the whole chain slows down. Cytochrome C Oxidase has a copper atom in the middle of it so some copper intake is important.

There are dozens of steps in the ATP cycle that each require a specific enzyme, and many of those steps require one or more B vitamins as cofactors; the enzyme doesn't work without the B vitamins present.

RP's emphasis on thyroid and the ATP cycle is eminently sane, again IMHO. The differentiated functions of the different tissues are dependent on ATP and the special requirements of the tissues, so livers, lungs, eyeballs, gonads, brains etc. require both the energy and different substrates/compounds.

Hope that helps some, don't quit!!

Manipulating mitochondrial dynamics - Aging Theories

Momado965

Whats the dose of MB for emproving mitochondria number and function?

Hgreen56

Hello
You have made this topic 4 years ago.
How are you doing now?
Did you have any success with Rays idea's?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals