How Do I Get The Correct Dose Of Light From A 660nm/850nm 300w Device?

Callmestar

So I mentioned in my previous thread I had tried using my light on 3 different occasions and each time it has made me feel ill.

Can anyone explain how I'd get a good dose for health benefits from a 300w 660nm 850nm 60 LED panel. How long should I use it and at what distance should I be from the light?

meatbag

Goobz

So I mentioned in my previous thread I had tried using my light on 3 different occasions and each time it has made me feel ill.

Can anyone explain how I'd get a good dose for health benefits from a 300w 660nm 850nm 60 LED panel. How long should I use it and at what distance should I be from the light?

300W sounds like a massive dose, though I don't usually calculate total watts so much as watts per square centimetre (power density).

Do you mean 300 mW?

Michael Hamblin, world expert on photobiomodulation, usually advises people to aim for a 10-20mW per square centimetre power density, for around 15-20 minutes. Less if you're sensitive, more if it doesn't seem to be cutting it. Probably needing more if you're targeting deeper structures like the brain.

For a 200mW/cm2 light from red light man, I think that ends up being around 80cm away from the light source. But I can't be certain, so check the guide posted above.

For mine, it's complicated to try to do what Redlightman products advise - which is to get a powerful light source and adjust the distance to control power density. IMO it's simpler to get a light pad at the right power density, and put it right up next to your skin. But that's just my opinion.

OP
C

Callmestar

300W sounds like a massive dose, though I don't usually calculate total watts so much as watts per square centimetre (power density).

Do you mean 300 mW?

Michael Hamblin, world expert on photobiomodulation, usually advises people to aim for a 10-20mW per square centimetre power density, for around 15-20 minutes. Less if you're sensitive, more if it doesn't seem to be cutting it. Probably needing more if you're targeting deeper structures like the brain.

For a 200mW/cm2 light from red light man, I think that ends up being around 80cm away from the light source. But I can't be certain, so check the guide posted above.

For mine, it's complicated to try to do what Redlightman products advise - which is to get a powerful light source and adjust the distance to control power density. IMO it's simpler to get a light pad at the right power density, and put it right up next to your skin. But that's just my opinion.

300w is the power of the machine, rather than the dose. Is a 60 LED machine with each LED being 5w.

The actual power/dose stated by the device is 80mW/cm2 at 6 inches away from the machine.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals