How Do I Get Started With Red Light?

Xisca

Regina, is it infra-red? I remember this for animals.... it made a red light but was mainly used for warming up animals.

Regina

Regina, is it infra-red? I remember this for animals.... it made a red light but was mainly used for warming up animals.
Yes:
RubyLux Infrared Bulb NIR-A Near Infrared Individual Bulb
Bayco SL-302B3 10-1/2 in Brooder Clamp Light
Total: $35.96 (USD)

Xisca

Ho, I remember that it was said not to be good for animals, something that had to do with their skeleton deveopment and calcium, I do not remeber well but I have no idea if this was true or not.

Halogen red light or by LED is also infra red?
I had skipped all about red light until now because I had more important stuff to deal with....
So I know nothing, just starting to enquire.

Regina

What benifits do you notice using it?
Hi Turtle -

I tend to be overall sore after night-time aikido class. After I finish dinner and spend far too much time here, :p I tend to cozy up on the couch and enjoy the heat the light puts out. The red hue helps with circadian rhythm (I think). Add a few drops of androsterone and it's a recipe for nice sleep.
Rinse. Repeat.

Rafe

@tara
Thank you for the reply. I use my reptile lamp exactly as you describe, so it shines on the back of my neck/head. There are a lot of possibilities with that nice stand.
@Blossom
That one looks good, too.

TheDrumGuy

Ho, I remember that it was said not to be good for animals, something that had to do with their skeleton deveopment and calcium, I do not remeber well but I have no idea if this was true or not.

@Xisca did you ever find out more about this? Have you tried red light?

Xisca

@Xisca did you ever find out more about this? Have you tried red light?
I have a red light mini, combo. I have to start again as I stopped this summer because moving around with hand luggage only.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals