How Do I Convince My Family Covid Is BS?

OP
T

TheBeard

A highly comforting subreddit that I recently found out about :

r/NoNewNormal

tankasnowgod

Not saying that it's unique to covid. Just that its prevalence seems to be increased this year.

Did you ever buy a new car, and then suddenly, notice how many of that exact same make and model were on the road? It didn't seem like there were any before, but now it seems like they're everywhere!

Exact same thing with common cold symptoms this year.

LLight

Did you ever buy a new car, and then suddenly, notice how many of that exact same make and model were on the road? It didn't seem like there were any before, but now it seems like they're everywhere!

Exact same thing with common cold symptoms this year.

Exactly, that's why I mentioned this possibility in my first comment.

I personnaly did not lose my sense of smell in such a way so I cannot really judge but what I have heard does not seem like an attenuated perception related to a small cold.

It sounded more extreme like "I cannot distinguish between eating meat and chocolate and salt has no taste anymore".

Honestly, I cannot remember having such symptoms once in my life, but I may be mistaken.

OP
T

TheBeard

I got a bad cold in winter 2009/2010 and completely lost any sense of smell for a good 3 months.
I remember it to this day as it was a dreadful experience.

tankasnowgod

Totally agree!

Saying everything authorities tell us is wrong is, for me at least, the same as saying everything they say is right. It might be more nuanced.

It's not that everything they tell us is a lie. Sometimes they directly contradict each other, at different times. So, one stance would have to be the truth, by default.

For example, here's That Demonic Idiot Fauci saying you shouldn't wear a mask-

Here is the same Satanic Treasonous Murderer Fauci speaking with an obvious robot saying you SHOULD wear a mask-

He literally has nothing resembling good science to back up his second point. The sooner he is fired and put on trial, the better.

Inaut

Sorry if this was already touched on in this thread but I would appeal to most peoples "common sense" and discuss/show them something like this to put things in perspective:

• A total of 1.4 million people died from TB in 2019 (including 208 000 people with HIV). Worldwide, TB is one of the top 10 causes of death and the leading cause from a single infectious agent (above HIV/AIDS).
  • In 2019, an estimated 10 million people fell ill with tuberculosis(TB) worldwide. 5.6 million men, 3.2 million women and 1.2 million children. TB is present in all countries and age groups. But TB is curable and preventable.
Then I would ask the question...
So if TB is airborne and can be transmitted via droplets...Why didn't we lock down the world last year...? Why weren't we wearing masks to protect from TB last year? It appears to be more deadly than COVID so then what's da deal yo???????????

J

jb116

Sorry if this was already touched on in this thread but I would appeal to most peoples "common sense" and discuss/show them something like this to put things in perspective:

• A total of 1.4 million people died from TB in 2019 (including 208 000 people with HIV). Worldwide, TB is one of the top 10 causes of death and the leading cause from a single infectious agent (above HIV/AIDS).
  • In 2019, an estimated 10 million people fell ill with tuberculosis(TB) worldwide. 5.6 million men, 3.2 million women and 1.2 million children. TB is present in all countries and age groups. But TB is curable and preventable.
Then I would ask the question...
So if TB is airborne and can be transmitted via droplets...Why didn't we lock down the world last year...? Why weren't we wearing masks to protect from TB last year? It appears to be more deadly than COVID so then what's da deal yo???????????
Because it's not about a virus or health or safety or people's best interest. Has nothing to do with any of that and everything to do with agenda.

supercoolguy

Over a 99% Survival Rate. Pandemic? Vaccine Injection? Over a 99% Survival Rate.
So you were going to live forever until this? Why haven't you been wearing mask and standing 6ft away until now??? Good-Luck!

Fred

Most people aren't convinced by logical arguments. They are quite literally programmed by suggestive imagery - hospital gurneys, refrigerated trucks, and even background music. You CAN"T reach most people without employing similar techniques, and family is usually the hardest to reach. You can show them that the PCR test hasn't been shown to be a reliable indicator of infection, but they're just hearing ambulance sirens and seeing quick cuts to chest compressions in their mind's eye. The only thing that might work is peer-pressure. Because, above all, people are generally herd animals, and they will ultimately believe what they think everybody else believes. Which is why I speak my mind - knowing full well that it won't register consciously ... but it WILL add to their subconscious perceptions of what "everybody believes".

Nicole W.

I'm extremely annoyed that they believe everything the mainstream media is saying about that "virus".
They are hoping for the vaccine to come ASAP, are pro masks, believe in the test, believe that hospitals are full.

I've done so much reading these past 6 months that I firmly believe this whole situation is a hoax.

I didn't go myself to hospitals to check that they are empty, so I'm in a dead end when I argue with them.

How can I convince them with a few compelling bullet points that this whole situation is a plot?
This is a pretty convincing speech by RFK Jr.:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals