How Do I Convince My Family Covid Is BS?

T

TheBeard

I'm extremely annoyed that they believe everything the mainstream media is saying about that "virus".
They are hoping for the vaccine to come ASAP, are pro masks, believe in the test, believe that hospitals are full.

I've done so much reading these past 6 months that I firmly believe this whole situation is a hoax.

I didn't go myself to hospitals to check that they are empty, so I'm in a dead end when I argue with them.

How can I convince them with a few compelling bullet points that this whole situation is a plot?

Nighteyes

Unfortunitely, if you could do such a thing easily, the world would not have been fooled. Some brilliant people are at the top presumably

boris

Ask questions like "why do you believe this or that" and show them the evidence that you read or saw. Simple things with quick answers.

Many people don't have the attention span to conceive the meaning of long written text anymore, so videos of renowned doctors talking about the situation could be good.
But I think showing them that you could also come to the conclusion on your own by double checking the claims of the mainstream news is important too.

Fraudulent counting methods

Lockdowns kill people

Covid is no more deadly than the flu
Does it make sense to wreck this kind of havoc when you have over 99% chance of surviving this deadly disease?

People get murdered in the hospitals

The PCR test scam

....and much more to find in the forums.

Last edited:

X3CyO

Just like they've been watching a narrative, so have we in a sense that this is our mainstream news. Its easier to understand and believe.

The difference is in the scrutinized data;

I'd take the best evidence I could find, top 10 or less so I'm not just overloading them with evidence. Plug it all into an outline, and then organize it to present a narrative/story where sources are directly linked.

You can bring a horse to water, as they say

@boris has already got it made. I'd add some direct quotes from the source with a note of the actual source like how haidut presents his studies.

mrchibbs

I'm extremely annoyed that they believe everything the mainstream media is saying about that "virus".
They are hoping for the vaccine to come ASAP, are pro masks, believe in the test, believe that hospitals are full.

I've done so much reading these past 6 months that I firmly believe this whole situation is a hoax.

I didn't go myself to hospitals to check that they are empty, so I'm in a dead end when I argue with them.

How can I convince them with a few compelling bullet points that this whole situation is a plot?

By simply presenting good information, and not criticizing their point of view. I've gotten a few people to come around by simply discussing it and sending the best studies on the topic.

I'm currently building a spreadsheet with all the information (specific studies, facts and resources) we've accumulated so far, with links to saved videos on google drive etc. Maybe we should make it a collective project? @boris @Giraffe @tankasnowgod @Drareg and everybody else I'm bound to forget!

This could culminate into a retrospective video on BitChute, I feel like we've shared a lot of incredible information on covid-19 on this forum and it would be nice to catalog and document all of this for posterity. It could be a nice collaborative project.

X3CyO

thats a great idea.

Cut all the fat from it, and then create a storybook of sorts for the public.

mrchibbs

thats a great idea.

Cut all the fat from it, and then create a storybook of sorts for the public.

That's what I was thinking. There would a lot of noise to filter out, but I can't really do it alone, plus we all have different perspectives and resources. I'd love it if we could pool our collective minds and use what we do here on RPF to build something constructive and meaningful.

X3CyO

That's what I was thinking. There would a lot of noise to filter out, but I can't really do it alone, plus we all have different perspectives and resources. I'd love it if we could pool our collective minds and use what we do here on RPF to build something constructive and helpful.

I'd help. I think it could cascade into a larger project if you're interested too. Maybe like a public blog of sorts? I wanted to start one regarding permaculture as a sort of open-source bible. There's so much amazing information out there that just needs to be organized, linked, tagged, and presented in the right way, like how Haidut does but on a larger scale.

You're thinking of using google drive?

mrchibbs

I'd help. I think it could cascade into a larger project if you're interested too. Maybe like a public blog of sorts? I wanted to start one regarding permaculture as a sort of open-source bible. There's so much amazing information out there that just needs to be organized, linked, tagged, and presented in the right way, like how Haidut does but on a larger scale.

You're thinking of using google drive?

Cool. Yeah google drive to save the videos, resources and articles which might be removed from youtube or just "disappear", and then building a database from which we could then construct an overview. This would be the challenge, arranging this information in coherent manner.

I've accumulated a lot, and I know others have as well.

We could have a discord server and work on this project, or simply do it here on the forum, whatever is best.

I have some skills in vector design, I can edit video (but I'm not great) and do some motion design. Everybody can bring in valuable skills I'm sure.

X3CyO

that's exactly what I love doing haha. sent you a message

mrchibbs

mrchibbs

Everybody is welcome to contribute, I will mull over the details of how this could be implemented (i.e. google drive, discord, collaboration etc.) and will get back to to everybody with details.

Thx! :wavingyellow

Nicole W.

I don’t know if this would be any consolation but what I’ve noticed around these parts is people, who once bought in to the mainstream narrative completely, now saying they “don’t know what to believe” anymore. So you know, doubt has set in, to some degree. From there on, they are going to be more skeptical, whereas before they just trusted, didn’t question.

By this point, anyone with eyes and ears can see the inconsistencies and can’t reconcile them so they are struggling, confused. Confusion is upsetting and I’m seeing a lot of it. A good example is CA having a curfew for the next 30 days. How does a curfew from 10 pm to 6 pm slow the virus again? Ask them that question and they can’t explain it. They struggle to come up with some sort of answer, but in the end, they shrug their shoulders and say they don’t know.

I mean, my attitude is if you believe this thing is real, and the official response is reasonable, you had better be prepared to defend/explain your position. If after a few minutes of hemming and hawing they come up with zero, then you both know something is up with this pandemic.

Alternatively, I find humor to be that thing that is disarming and capable of slipping past biases. All the funny memes that are out there, drive home the point gently but profoundly, without a full on attack of beliefs. Even if you don’t subscribe to the idea, its hard not to laugh. And that is the first step to seeing the world and what is going on it differently.

nomoreketones

Your family might be saying the same thing about you. They may be saying, "how can we convince @TheBeard that the virus is not a hoax".

Don't convince them. You might be right but you might be wrong. Have a friendly exchange of ideas and share your beliefs but don't try to convince them.

Absolute truth is elusive to human beings so none of should pretend that we know the absolute truth.

Motif

Your family might be saying the same thing about you. They may be saying, "how can we convince @TheBeard that the virus is not a hoax".

Don't convince them. You might be right but you might be wrong. Have a friendly exchange of ideas and share your beliefs but don't try to convince them.

Absolute truth is elusive to human beings so none of should pretend that we know the absolute truth.

That’s how I see this too