How Do Competitive Bodybuilders Sustain Themselves?

OP
N
I’ve taken some steroids, on average 175 mg/wk of test with orals such as turinabol (my favorite to date) and went up to 6’3 227lbs 9% body fat. It is extremely easy to get big and aesthetic on steroids. Those who inject 5x as much as I’ve done and don’t even look good are the most pathetic human beings on this planet.

Anyways - onto the bad news. Because I have very low subcutaneous fat and I kept pushing the envelope: Crp was up, HBA1c was up, ldl was up, eGFR was down. Even at a mere BMI of 28 / FFMI 25

The answer to this topic? They’re pushing through. They’re not observing their face becoming uglier and puffier by the day. Golden era bodybuilders looked much better and more youthful because they avoided potent androgens and stuck to high protein (of course) low carb diets such as Nubret for instance. Red meat all night.

it is a death cult. Accelerated aging. Liver stress. High DHT. Aromatase inhibitors. Growth hormone. SERMs. But they don’t wanna listen. Nobody wants to listen anyway. Virtually half of Ray’s and Haidut’s recommendations are flat out wrong and dangerous such as PUFAs, iron, estradiol being bad to begin with - no one wants their echo chamber disrupted.

U wot m8

Jing

How the hell the he bulk on 4300 I have to bulk on like 4500 - 5000 .

SonOfEurope

How the hell the he bulk on 4300 I have to bulk on like 4500 - 5000 .

You probably have better Thyroid and metabolism bro.

I too starve by the end of the day if I do under 4000 at barely 197lb, 5'10.... No big guy at all but since supplementing thyroid and fixing metabolism everything is faster and smooth.

R J

I too starve by the end of the day if I do under 4000 at barely 197lb, 5'10.... No big guy at all but since supplementing thyroid and fixing metabolism everything is faster and smooth.

Do you lose weight if you don’t eat that much? I feel like I barely lose weight if I don’t eat much, I just get cold and weak.

DaveFoster

Bodybuilders take large dosages of caffeine and many drink coffee, which tends to keep cellular respiration at a high level. Cups of coffee in the morning, 400 to 600 mg of caffeine as in their pre-workout, and daily exercise with plenty of food would have many feeling great for a very long time.

Also, think of the lifestyle. Bodybuilding serves as an ascetic act, albeit a vain one; achieving a daily goal, being acknowledged for their musculature in social settings including with women, all of which support confidence and, subsequently, well-being in the male.

R J

Bodybuilders take large dosages of caffeine and many drink coffee, which tends to keep cellular respiration at a high level. Cups of coffee in the morning, 400 to 600 mg of caffeine as in their pre-workout, and daily exercise with plenty of food would have many feeling great for a very long time.

Also, think of the lifestyle. Bodybuilding serves as an ascetic act, albeit a vain one; achieving a daily goal, being acknowledged for their musculature in social settings including with women, all of which support confidence and, subsequently, well-being in the male.

The point originally made is that the diet in question (chicken breast and rice) doesn’t really provide much in the way of vitamins and minerals. It seems pretty deficient.

Ableton

Low thyroid high adrenals burns in my experience a lot more calories than the other way around

Ableton

Most people who eat a lot will feel like ***t and get endotoxin symtoms. Tiredness, loss of motivation, brain fog.
Sugar seems to be excluded from this. Everything else will make you tired if you reach a certain amount in absence of stimulants and adrenaline, so its really about balance. Everything that is nutrient dense requires nutrent extraction processes that slow you down. Same for complex carbs

tankasnowgod

Virtually half of Ray’s and Haidut’s recommendations are flat out wrong and dangerous such as PUFAs, iron, estradiol being bad to begin with - no one wants their echo chamber disrupted.

Literally no one who warns about the dangers of excess iron ever states it's "bad to begin with." They usually state that it's essential for life, but excess can lead to many health problems if high, and usually accumulates. Most men would likely benefit from lower levels.

PUFAs, well, yeah, they are pretty much described as bad overall. They are also pretty much unavoidable, but should be kept at a minimum. Unless, you are gonna start singing the sweet praises of unhydrogenated soybean oil?

R J

Most people who eat a lot will feel like ***t and get endotoxin symtoms. Tiredness, loss of motivation, brain fog.
Sugar seems to be excluded from this. Everything else will make you tired if you reach a certain amount in absence of stimulants and adrenaline, so its really about balance. Everything that is nutrient dense requires nutrent extraction processes that slow you down. Same for complex carbs

These guys come across as dumb and tired most of the time.

Ableton

These guys come across as dumb and tired most of the time.
eating crazy amounts interfers with my brain capacity as well. i tried it to improve my thyroid, which it did. i'll get brainfog and am never in the mood to engage with intellectual stuff, which numbs you down even more.

Hgreen56

This bodybuilder (Antoine Vaillant) and lot of others ifbb pro's are sponsored by Universal Nutrition.
Universal Nutrition produce high quality supplements like Animal pak
Animal pak is a high dose multi vitamin for athletes.

eng_pm_Animal-Pak-44-sachets-330_2.jpg

animal-pak-1.jpg

A lot of vegetables and other food sources has a lot of nutrition that's has a negative impact on health.
The same reason why ray is not fan of vegetables, starch, eggs/yolks, some fruits, wheat products ect.
A lot of bodybuilders has this knowledge to , so they'd rather take a supplement with the good stuff in it so they can avoid the unhealthy stuff that are found in vegetables, fruit, etc.
Thats why most bodybuilders eat tons of rice. rice is perfect refined carb source because all the bad stuff like fiber, fat, oxalate s, phosphorus, gluten etc etc are not present anymore.
Also dont forget athletes eat tons of beef, whats also high in good nutrition
Like @berk already said:
most people don't needs vegetables at all.
I you look at you cronometer and put in: 1 egg yolk, 100 gr red meat or liver and one servings of dairy and you have more enough vitamins and minerals for a day.

Now i think about it, a multi supplement like this is quite peaty..
it has antioxidants, enzymes, bcaa's, high dose b-vitamines and calcium, no iron..
It is a pity that it contains tryptophan (but the amount its still lower than milk) and some beta-carotene.
it has colustrum to.. lol

What do you think about this supplement @Hans?

Last edited:

GelatinGoblin

I’ve taken some steroids, on average 175 mg/wk of test with orals such as turinabol (my favorite to date) and went up to 6’3 227lbs 9% body fat. It is extremely easy to get big and aesthetic on steroids. Those who inject 5x as much as I’ve done and don’t even look good are the most pathetic human beings on this planet.

Anyways - onto the bad news. Because I have very low subcutaneous fat and I kept pushing the envelope: Crp was up, HBA1c was up, ldl was up, eGFR was down. Even at a mere BMI of 28 / FFMI 25

The answer to this topic? They’re pushing through. They’re not observing their face becoming uglier and puffier by the day. Golden era bodybuilders looked much better and more youthful because they avoided potent androgens and stuck to high protein (of course) low carb diets such as Nubret for instance. Red meat all night.

it is a death cult. Accelerated aging. Liver stress. High DHT. Aromatase inhibitors. Growth hormone. SERMs. But they don’t wanna listen. Nobody wants to listen anyway. Virtually half of Ray’s and Haidut’s recommendations are flat out wrong and dangerous such as PUFAs, iron, estradiol being bad to begin with - no one wants their echo chamber disrupted.

God damn, roided up but still. You sure you don't have a scrotum :p:

DaveFoster

The point originally made is that the diet in question (chicken breast and rice) doesn’t really provide much in the way of vitamins and minerals. It seems pretty deficient.
Plus broccoli. Don't forget about the broccoli, and the Orange TRIad.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals