How Do Asian People Stay So Thin?

Using Thailand as an example, I first visited 32 years ago (and every year since and have lived in Thailand for the past 4 years) it was pretty uncommon to see a fat, let alone obese Thai. Today it’s pretty common to see fat, especially young fat Thais.

The reason to me is obvious; the adoption of ‘Western’ foods into the diet and the use of vegetable/seed oils for cooking. Back in the 80’s if you ordered fried rice upcountry it would be cooked in animal (usually pig) fat and have a totally different texture because of it.

These days I see a lot of school kids here buying hot dog type sausages chopped up and served in plastic bags on their way home from school. KFC, Pizza and Donut places abound now even upcountry.

In the past it used to amaze me how little Thais would eat at a meal. It has been an education watching a way of life change over the course of 32 years...and see the results.

Runenight201

@Homo Consumericus
They indeed are small sample sizes, to be honest I didnt come up with the idea originally. I randomly googled something along the lines one time and found an interesting study showing difference in fat accumilation with mri between south east asian woman and caucasian women (I dont have that study now unfortunately). Then I started forming random hypothesis from there whenever it came to mind, especially when my dad married a young phillippina (who just moved from her native country) and I watch her body unwind as she spent more time in the US progressively.

You may very well be correct, I havent looked into. I think there are quite a few different "species" of human even among so called races.

Could you expound on your species-race theory?

T

TheBeard

Especially in Japan & Thailand I noticed myself they really like deep fried foods.

There is also a culture to eat outside the house in a restaurant or deli where you have no control on the oils used.

How do people in Asia stay so thin when they are eating so much food fried in high PUFA oils?

Thin doesn’t mean healthy.

Read Aajonus Vonderplanitz too. He explains that he when he was at 23% body fat he looked like a muscular athletic person.
That’s because SFAs don’t take much room at all, they won’t make you look fat.

Thin doesn’t mean healthy.

Read Aajonus Vonderplanitz too. He explains that he when he was at 23% body fat he looked like a muscular athletic person.
That’s because SFAs don’t take much room at all, they won’t make you look fat.

Why would you recommend reading the work of Richard Swigart (his birth name)? He has a background in theatre and bought his nutrition doctorate from a notorious institute for 3-4 figures. His claims are as fantastic as his stage name and remain unverifiable.

CLASH

@Runenight201
Its pretty simple, nothing revolutionary. As animals we follow the same sort of principles that "animals" do. We are shaped by our environment overtime, leading to a change in our structure and function. This is very much similar to the classic example of darwins finches, with different finches in different environments developing different traits overtime. An example of this in humans would be more fast twitch muscle development in certain west african populations leading to a large portion of the world's best sprinters having some west african ancestry. Other examples could include the endurance of ethiopian runners or the high prevelance of hemachromatosis in northern european populations that have histories with a high prevelance of dairy consumption. There are quite a few other differences amongst varying groups like sexual characteristics, intelligence in different areas, physical structure and even fat distribution like I discusssed above with asians but I dont think discussing many of those ideas publicly is a good idea in todays climate because people are easily triggered by those topics in general... (I think this is why @Homo Consumericus wanted to grab his popcorn, because he knew where this could go lol)

Thus, populations located in different environments will adapt overtime to that environment with changes in thier structure and function. As far as races go, we often categorize into the basic racial groups of white, black, hispanic, asian etc. etc. But I think overall these are just mental divisions we use to make communication easier. Within these so called categories there are a plethora of different groups of people with very different characteristics overall. The reason I originally mentioned this at all was due to @Homo Consumericus question on the larger difference between specific groups within the classification of "asian" than between some of the groups within the classification of asian and some of the groups within the classification of caucasian caucasian.

@Runenight201
Its pretty simple, nothing revolutionary. As animals we follow the same sort of principles that "animals" do. We are shaped by our environment overtime, leading to a change in our structure and function. This is very much similar to the classic example of darwins finches, with different finches in different environments developing different traits overtime. An example of this in humans would be more fast twitch muscle development in certain west african populations leading to a large portion of the world's best sprinters having some west african ancestry. Other examples could include the endurance of ethiopian runners or the high prevelance of hemachromatosis in northern european populations that have histories with a high prevelance of dairy consumption. There are quite a few other differences amongst varying groups like sexual characteristics, intelligence in different areas, physical structure and even fat distribution like I discusssed above with asians but I dont think discussing many of those ideas publicly is a good idea in todays climate because people are easily triggered by those topics in general... (I think this is why @Homo Consumericus wanted to grab his popcorn, because he knew where this could go lol)

Thus, populations located in different environments will adapt overtime to that environment with changes in thier structure and function. As far as races go, we often categorize into the basic racial groups of white, black, hispanic, asian etc. etc. But I think overall these are just mental divisions we use to make communication easier. Within these so called categories there are a plethora of different groups of people with very different characteristics overall. The reason I originally mentioned this at all was due to @Homo Consumericus question on the larger difference between specific groups within the classification of "asian" than between some of the groups within the classification of asian and some of the groups within the classification of caucasian caucasian.

Haha, great explanation Clash, and no worries. I have a strong stomach from hanging out on unz.com where every geopolitical discussion inevitably leads to HBD posturing.

What fascinates me is that we don't know what proportion of who we are is genetically determined and which portion environmentally influenced. Percentages are thrown around but these are based on a finger lick held up to the wind. What may have previously been considered distinct categories-- genes and environment-- are now acknowledged to overlap when, as you touched on in your answer, environment causes genes to adapt. The field of epigenetics will provide us with more answers.

CLASH

@Homo Consumericus
Lol I wasnt worried about you as much as the "eye in the sky". Who knows, maybe in 35 years I'll have created my own business and it doesnt jive with some large corporations plans so theyll hire some media company to dig up my raypeat forum posts, quote specific portions of them out of context and call me a closet racist. Or even worse, some algorithm will catch my posts, give me a poor "society" score and I wont be eligible for high speed internet or travel abroad. As much as I joke about this stuff now, who would have thought 30 years ago that it would be a good idea to consider the reclassification of pedophilia as a sexual preference or to create 347.6 classifications of gender.....

All that aside, I dont think there is any seperation at all between genes and environment, especially if the context of time is broadened. Any difference I think is just semantic artifact in our structured use of language, making it easier to categorize and compartmentalize. I think "genes" may wind up just being an extrapolated concept to explain "previous environmental exposure" and subsequent adaptation/ predisposition. Even with that said, considering all the interrelated and contributing factors I think focusing on genes is mostly a waste of time in most situations. I think this is especially the case with genes in the context of random mutation overtime as a cause of subsequent evolution, I think this idea is absolutely retarded (I even thought this when I first learned it in school; my professor of course assured me it made sense...).

Last edited:
@Homo Consumericus
Lol I wasnt worried about you as much as the "eye in the sky". Who knows, maybe in 35 years I'll have created my own business and it doesnt jive with some large corporations plans so theyll hire some media company to dig up my raypeat forum posts, quote specific portions of them out of context and call me a closet racist. Or even worse, some algorithm will catch my posts, give me a poor "society" score and I wont be eligible for high speed internet or travel abroad. As much as I joke about this stuff now, who would have thought 30 years ago that it would be a good idea to consider the reclassification of pedophilia as a sexual preference or to create 347.6 classifications of gender.....

All that aside, I dont think there is any seperation at all between genes and environment, especially if the context of time is broadened. Any difference I think is just semantic artifact in our structured use of language, making it easier to categorize and compartmentalize. I think "genes" may wind up just being an extrapolated concept to explain "previous environmental exposure" and subsequent adaptation/ predisposition. Even with that said, considering all the interrelated and contributing factors I think focusing on genes is mostly a waste of time in most situations. I think this is especially the case with genes in the context of random mutation overtime as a cause of subsequent evolution, I think this idea is absolutely retarded (I even thought this when I first learned it in school; my professor of course assured me it made sense...).
Totally agree, I think genes are likely like a library: the cells act in a certain way, in a certain environment and, the adaptation that they develop in such an environment will be passed, both through genes and probably through other means( peptides, and maybe even the structure of water that the parents had), in which the information will be intentionally( not randomly) encoded.

Occidencel

Iodine goes with PUFAs. Based on one study, white and Asian (versus hispanic and black) women have more testosterone.
Can you cite this study? I’d like to take a look. In my experience black women are highest T, especially considering how many black female athletes are running into testosterone limitations in their events.