How Depleting The Gut Microbiota Protects From Obesity

DrJ

Thanks for posting! I'm always interested to read about subjects relating to brown fat. I have a feeling it had a bigger role in our physiology before we had all these fancy clothes and stuff :)

OP
L

lollipop

You are welcome DrJ! I was impressed with correlation with Peat's ideas about gut bacteria...

I agree about the white and brown fat topic - pretty fascinating :D

Oh my goodness

That's interesting

"In mice, the effect of the antibiotics lasts for a couple of weeks after the treatment," stress Nicolas Suarez-Zamorano and Salvatore Fabbiano, the first co-authors of this study. "Although treating obesity with high doses of antibiotics is unrealistic -- mainly due to the risk of antibiotic resistance --

Barliman

I suspect that the change sen here is from depleting the gut flora associated with obesity.
We will inevitably have gut flora, and there are clearly some forms more associated with positive outcomes than others.
Dietary issues are also important and the current science around changing gut flora includes diet change - and in some cases one or two short courses of antibiotics and a bowel prep to clear out the large population of the undesirables.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals