How damaging is a basketball match on health?

TypicalJock

For anyone who doesnt have any idea about basketball games its basically sprinting, jumping, hard stops etc. usually about 30 minutes
Would it be better to avoid games all together for preventing metabolism damage(if it even does??)?

cupofcoffee

Just make sure to fuel up well before and after the match then don't worry. You don't need to stress about the metabolic impact of everything you do, especially if you enjoy it.

JamesGatz

Just make sure to fuel up well before and after the match then don't worry. You don't need to stress about the metabolic impact of everything you do, especially if you enjoy it.
I agree.

Back when I used to play soccer with my friends or pick-up in this park in NYC my mental health was light years better - was very relieving playing and even hanging out and eating after with my friends - I didn't even play too hard/stress myself out - just genuinely enjoyed playing. Now that they all moved away and the parks seem a lot more empty since this scamdemic started I feel a lot more lonely and wish my friends didn't all move away

Hans

Forum Supporter
Just to echo cupofcoffee, if it's enjoyable, it's much less harmful and mostly beneficial. And if you fueled up, you should be good to go. Exercise is good. Hormetic stress. I think avoiding something you love/enjoy is more harmful.

Rasaari

Basketball is actually pretty good, mostly spurts, teamplay, fun, not too long like football (soccer) would be, so you don't go overboard with the lactic acid. For me as long as its fun like workout I keep doing it and when it stops I stop. Moderate exercise is Peaty, exhaustive not so.

Dr. B

Just to echo cupofcoffee, if it's enjoyable, it's much less harmful and mostly beneficial. And if you fueled up, you should be good to go. Exercise is good. Hormetic stress. I think avoiding something you love/enjoy is more harmful.
some bodybuilding/fitness people argue basketball isnt cardio because its not a controlled forced state like running a mile or doing a treadmill where you're forced to do a certain slope, speed, etc.

For anyone who doesnt have any idea about basketball games its basically sprinting, jumping, hard stops etc. usually about 30 minutes
Would it be better to avoid games all together for preventing metabolism damage(if it even does??)?
I say have fun!

abady

Hydrate and eat well before and after don't play when you are hungry and starving it won't be good also exercise increase testosterone so . have fun! :emoji_basketball_player: