How cruel is the practice of limb amputation ? Below-knee amputations effect on lifespan and hospitals causing this issue ?

JamesGatz

I was looking at this story of Nick Cordero who died of "covid" after he had his leg amputated by the hospital because :

iStock-1041490460-1958640315-1587280906.jpg

Saturday was day 18 of him being sedated in the intensive care unit, Kloots told her social media followers. While hospitalized, he started having clotting issues on his right leg, and could not get blood down to his toes. The blood thinners he got to fix the clotting issues were affecting his blood pressure and causing internal bleeding in his intestines, Kloots said.

"They had him on blood thinners for the clotting, unfortunately the blood thinners were causing other issues," she said Saturday. "The right leg will be amputated today."

... He died from "covid" shortly after they chopped off his leg - crazy stuff

ca-times.brightspotcdn.jpg

I remember this guy I used to work with also had his leg amputated by a hospital for "clotting" - he used to smoke cigarettes a lot and he told me the hospital told him it was because of all his smoking that he needed the leg amputated - he looked in very bad shape after the operation was done - I suspect the amputation of a limb has serious damage on the body as a whole - I felt very bad seeing him in this shape - would this be just because Nicotine is vasoconstrictive and the easiest solution is to vasodilate the blood and stop smoking ?

"Mortality following amputation ranges from 13 to 40% in 1 year, 35–65% in 3 years, and 39–80% in 5 years, being worse than most malignancies. 7 Therefore, amputation-free survival is important in assessing the management of diabetic foot problems"

" Currently, it is evident that ulceration and amputation are associated with increased mortality. Five-year mortality following a first-time ulceration is approximately 40 percent in patients with diabetes and ranges from 52 to 80 percent after major amputation.1,2 In addition, proximal amputation is associated with death in multiple studies.3–10

If one directly compares these rates, it superficially appears that major amputation does hasten death. It even seems that the more proximal the amputation, the higher the mortality.3–10 However, the aforementioned data were not part of a randomized trial, and for ethical reasons, there will likely never be a randomized trial. These were observational studies, meaning the burden of disease (diabetes and its associated comorbid conditions) was also likely to be higher in these patients. "

128230686-vasodilation-and-vasoconstriction-a-comparison-illustration-of-a-normal-constricted-...jpg

I
t seems like when the blood thinners aren't performing well enough the hospital's decision is to chop off the limb ? Sounds crazy and barbaric to me especially since they seem to know the affect it has on one's lifespan after the operation

I know that healthy circulation is a good sign of metabolic health and that Carbon Dioxide helps with vasodilation - wouldn't a simpler solution for the Hospital to solve blood clotting issues just be to give the patient carbon dioxide and allow them to walk around the hospital throughout the day

I remember the only time I was ever in a hospital bed was when I was 7 for an asthma attack - I recall my circulation in my legs was very poor after staying in the bed for 7 days and it felt great to walk again - the hospital never let me walk around unless it was to go to the bathroom because I had the IV in my arm and stuff

Wouldn't forcing patients to sit in a bed 24/7 be in a way causing this blood flow problem in the extremities and make these blood clots worse ? It seems like the simplest solution to a patient would be to offer Carbon Dioxide and allow them to stretch their legs rather than chopping off their limbs - it seems like even the hospital is the one creating this problem in the first place ...

"When you are sick, doctors often advise getting plenty of bed rest and taking lots of fluids. But there are reasons that prolonged bed rest is not so good for you. Prolonged bed rest affects the amount of fluid in your body and the pressure at which blood is pumped, making it difficult for the body to adapt to activity again. It causes changes in the size of the heart, too, and the body's ability to replenish blood."

Last edited:

pepsi

People dont get amputations because blood thinners arent working well enough.
People get amputations because they have gangrene, tissue death, and if they dont
get that body part amputated, their infections/gangrene/osteomyelitis will spread and
be life threatening. Amputations are a life saving procedure and are a last resort after
medications, angioplasties, stents, bypasses have all been tried. Dead tissue cant be
brought back, that would be frankenstein.

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

People dont get amputations because blood thinners arent working well enough.
People get amputations because they have gangrene, tissue death, and if they dont
get that body part amputated, their infections/gangrene/osteomyelitis will spread and
be life threatening. Amputations are a life saving procedure and are a last resort after
medications, angioplasties, stents, bypasses have all been tried. Dead tissue cant be
brought back, that would be frankenstein.
This is interesting - makes sense but in the case of Nick Cordero the hospital says they chopped off the limb because the blood thinners they used to bring back circulation in the limb were causing other issues so they had to stop and then proceeded to chop off the limb

Also - I understand that limb amputation may be viewed as life-saving - but laying down on a bed 24/7 seems to be problematic for blood flow throughout the body in general - I was suggesting that these own practices taken by the hospital can make the issue worse where it reaches that last resort

Last edited:

taralynne

An interesting article about an MD from Africa that has used sugar topically to heal wounds and avoid amputations.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
Again, blood clots and deep venous thrombosis occur when the Zeta Potential of the blood is weakened.

Then the late Dr. Gary Buchanan (music) told me this story. He met Sir Peter Manning from England and Yukinori Matasuti from Japan regarding Cymatherapy, which is a sound treatment. Gary developed it here in Reno at Steamboat Hot Springs.

Through his wife’s friend, a man with a severely injured foot came to the spa as a last resort. The foot was not healing and he was facing the possibility of amputation. Gary gave him a 20 minute foot bath where sonic transducers were vibrating the water. These are usually a mix of five frequencies, a system developed by Manners who adopted it from initial research by the German Hans Jenning.

After the foot bath, the skin of the foot looked pink, showing good blood circulation. After that, the foot completely healed.