How Crucial Is Getting Enough Calories? How Destructive Is Inadequate Calories?

johnwester130

That's what Ray says... This is why I was confused. I am reading through 2 or 3 papers right now to try and parse out some info.

I think it's irrelevant

The point is a hot climate lowers metabolism and the lowers how much food you need

schultz

I think it's irrelevant

The point is a hot climate lowers metabolism and the lowers how much food you need

Yah I was a bit off topic, so I started a thread in case anybody finds it interesting. I did attach a few papers, one of which has a huge chart showing the metabolic rates of different peoples from around the world. It would be interesting to look at it with climate in mind. For example, the inuit had a very high metabolic rate @+30% whereas some Australian aboriginals had BMRs -33% lower than average. One of Ray's points is that some of the Maya people have higher than average metabolic rates even while living in a hot climate.

DaveFoster

was just messing around :)
afaik its actually the reduction of cort/adr/estr/sero thats the cause of increased appetite
Both cortisol and T3 increase the appetite, but cortisol facilitates fat storage as adipose tissue.

lampofred

Both cortisol and T3 increase the appetite, but cortisol facilitates fat storage as adipose tissue.

I thought cortisol would decrease appetite since it raises blood sugar? Plus from personal experience my appetite is completely shot when I'm stressed.

DaveFoster

I thought cortisol would decrease appetite since it raises blood sugar? Plus from personal experience my appetite is completely shot when I'm stressed.
In the short-term, but in the long-term cortisol tends to suppress adiponectin (an anti-insulinogenic factor).

nbznj

for the average Western person who lives indoors more and more when aging (plus inactive) and tends to overheat during winter time (at home, in the car, at the office) and barely steps outside is it safe to assume that the body is in a state we could obtain when in a "hot climate"? Therefore lowering the metabolism significantly

Couple that with how much (industrial) food is consumed and how unhealthy it is, that sounds like a recipe for fast weight gains since the caloric surplus would be much higher than people think, in regards to standard TDEE calculations

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals