blob69

I'll post this as a separate thread because I think it's very imporant and I've seen no-one talking about it apart from Canadian biologist David Crowe of Infectious Myth. It's the only logical explanation that I can think of for why China has had hardly any new coronavirus cases since March 2020.

Note here that only China requires other criteria besides a positive PCR test for a diagnosis of covid-19: "The Chinese Centers for Disease Control and Prevention requires clinical manifestations and usually exposure history in addition to a positive PCR result to confirm a case.”

David Crowe wrote about when China changed diagnostic criteria here: "The Chinese eventually woke up and, around February 16th required confirmed cases to meet the requirements for a suspected case, as well as a positive test. They may have put this new definition into practice earlier because after a massive addition of almost 16,000 confirmed cases on February 12th, the number fell dramatically each day and, by February 18th was under 500 cases, and continued to stay low."

Here you can see the amazing drop that occurred in China after the change in diagnostic criteria:

china-covid.png

By now it is getting clear that David was right - while all other countries are battling a "second wave", China still has no increase in cases because their definition of a confirmed case requires both a reasonable possibility of contact with a previous case, and symptoms, and that allowed the epidemic to burn out. Once everyone is quarantined, contact with an existing case is highly unlikely, testing stops and doctors can declare victory.

On the other hand, covid-19 epidemic in most other countries is allowed to grow and never end due to exclusive reliance on faulty PCR tests (and as this article explains, such loose diagnostic criteria was never used before).

And before anyone goes on to say it is due to their authoritarian government's strict measures, habitual wearing of masks and so on, please have a look at the pictures below from Wuhan this summer...

china-wuhan.jpg

J

jb116

Yea or there was really nothing to beat. No need to make it complicated.

OP
B

blob69

Yea or there was really nothing to beat. No need to make it complicated.

If you think carefully about it, you will see that's exactly the conclusion one can draw from my post...

J

jb116

If you think carefully about it, you will see that's exactly the conclusion one can draw from my post...
Yes, what I'm saying is the necessity of complication arose from the assumption that there was something to overcome.

OP
B

blob69

Yes, what I'm saying is the necessity of complication arose from the assumption that there was something to overcome.

The point of this post is to draw attention to just how important diagnostic criteria is. Hardly anyone is talking about it, which I find very strange. Why was a positive PCR test result by itself never enough for a diagnosis in previous epidemics? Why is China the only country to think about this? Is everyone else under some sort of a strange spell?

As shown in many posts collected here, there is no logic whatsoever in accepting a positive PCR test result as a definitive proof of infection. Yet this is exactly what the whole world (apart from China that I know of) is doing right now.

Even a positive test and symptoms is no proof that someone is ill due to whatever the PCR test found. Still it would help a lot in curbing the panic because numbers would be so much smaller. And the additional criteria of exposure to a sick person would pretty much kill the epidemic, as China has shown.

OP
B

blob69

It's interesting that the Chinese take a sample from the mouth (saliva), not the nose:

china-swab-testing.jpg

Giraffe

It's interesting that the Chinese take a sample from the mouth (saliva), not the nose:
A critical person wrote: If this virus is so contagious, why is it necessary to insert a painful long swap deep into your nose? You could just hand out a mask that you have worn for five minutes.

On the other hand, covid-19 epidemic in most other countries is allowed to grow and never end due to exclusive reliance on faulty PCR tests (and as this article explains, such loose diagnostic criteria was never used before).
I heard that the Chinese are using their own PCR test, while the rest of the world uses the crappy German one (by Christian Drosten) because this one was promoted by WHO. (I have not tried to verify this information.)

Geronimo

I hear everything about this topic and I'm insanely suspicious as well, especially regarding the tests. The hospitals here in my area are full though. What's the explanation for that? I'm trying to figure it out.

Maniek1300

In my city in Poland, hospitals are full of people waiting in the street or in the ambulance, because the hospital does not want to see them. It's a drama. When it ends it will be.

Geronimo

In my city in Poland, hospitals are full of people waiting in the street or in the ambulance, because the hospital does not want to see them. It's a drama. When it ends it will be.
No they're legit full here. I know people who work in them.

OP
B

blob69

A critical person wrote: If this virus is so contagious, why is it necessary to insert a painful long swap deep into your nose? You could just hand out a mask that you have worn for five minutes.

I heard that the Chinese are using their own PCR test, while the rest of the world uses the crappy German one (by Christian Drosten) because this one was promoted by WHO. (I have not tried to verify this information.)

Interesting. I don't know but it seems to me that most of Asia is using other tests, because they are faring so much better than the West. Perhaps even New Zealand and Australia as they also have a much smaller positive rate (share of positive results on testing) than the West. In New Zealand it was 0.0 - 0.1% also during their winter, while here in Europe it is around 15-35% now.

Last edited:
OP
B

blob69

I hear everything about this topic and I'm insanely suspicious as well, especially regarding the tests. The hospitals here in my area are full though. What's the explanation for that? I'm trying to figure it out.

Ray Peat often explains how important is stress and how the feeling of being caught in an inescapable situation can ruin one's health. In my country we have one of the highest covid-19 mortalities per population in the world now (our positive rate is up to 35% and many get diagnosed). This started right after the measures, not before. We are now close to living in a prison, not to speak of poor elderly in care homes that are immobile and isolated in dark rooms. I think even just this explanation is enough for why people are dying, not to mention toxic therapies etc. Also my family's health went down after this started, just because of stress.

In other countries excess mortality also went up right after the lockdowns: Questions for Lockdown Apologists

Besides, I think people diagnosed with covid-19 are put in a hospital sooner than people with regular flu - it's the result of panic and fear...

Last edited: